What do you think Cerrone's game plan is?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Liverkick-king56, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Liverkick-king56 Green Belt

Hearing Cerrone say he's not going to take Conor down has me wondering what his striking game plan is.
    I see it as he has 3 possible strategies. That he used for his 3 most recent wins.

1. Perry fight - avoid the brawl, fight very long and focus on defence before anything else. Cerrone was moving a lot in this fight and whenever Perry did get in range Cerrone did an amazing job in neutralizing a skilled clinch fighter like Perry. He also wasn't jumping on big counters but throwing safe and efficent shots. Cerrone shot desperate takedowns though.

2. Herandez fight - This is his best in my opinion. Cerrone fought long to mid range but also engaged with tremendous pressure early and often, utilizing kicks every time Alex tried setting up awkward/fancy angles and blitzing hands when Alex retreated. Any time Alex tried to get into the pocket Cerrone brutalized him with vicious knees. The big knock on this preformance is he was getting hit often early but Alex also resembles some of the tricky aspects of McGregors game (obviously not as polished). Cerrone also shot for beautifully timed takedowns.

3. Raging Al - Avoid danger for the most of the first round and slowly start picking up his pace and start inviting a technical brawl when his shots start wearing on Al. Cerrone did a tremendous job of neutralizing Al using high count combos, well set up and timed kicks. The big issue with this fight is that Al is a very limited (I believe overrated) striker and his counter game sucks.

4. He just says fuck it and goes guns blazing behind a jab (Ferguson/Gaethje)

What's your opinions on his strategy? (sorry for another Conor/Cerrone thread)

2. Klaavical Black Belt

Start slow and get's KTFO what else?

3. Sonny Qc 86,425 Likes

Get paid and drink a lots of Budweiser.....

4. grimballer Gold Belt

Get in

collect the pay check

get out

5. Lukn4trbl Brown Belt

Stand and trade, drop to the floor if he's losing.

6. morrisondafalln Green Belt

He said on espn first take he worked on his ground game and bjj. So im sure he s taking connor to the ground. He said Connors ground game is suspect. Lmao

7. Washad Green Belt

Cowboy is so fkn happy right now as he has managed to eliminate all pressure on himself to deliver. Basically already given up, wouldnt be surprised if he manage to stay in it for a long time. Cowboy under mental pressure, having to deliver would get KTFO inside 30 sec.

8. Soul On Ice Banned Banned

I don't believe he ever really comes in with a gameplan, his opponent usually dictates the fight but he's super well rounded so still pretty successful

9. Reydereyes Purple Belt

Stand and trade, get tagged multiple times, tries to take Conrad down but realises he can't because he's Cerrone not fucking Khabib then he gets tkod.
    Really want Cerrone to pull this off but that's the most likely outcome.

10. Fossor Brown Belt

New car, new bike, not get injured before the fight night.

11. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

There's a lesson in here somewhere....

Anyway, good question TS. I believe he will fight like Hernandez too.
    a) he shouldn't go in guns blazing, but may get pulled/conned into a gunfight regardless of game plan
    b) unlike Al I, Conor won't just let him dictate range with a jab

I also think he'll try to clinch when it's available. Diaz v Pettis style.

12. Todd498 Purple Belt

This. He’s gonna get his skull smashed so bad his cowboy hat won’t fucking fit on his head right. And I like Cowboy. But he’s getting napped in front of millions on Sat.

13. Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

I dont know what Donal Cerrone's gameplan is, But would you like to know what my gameplan is? UFC Fight Pass

For only 9.99 you can get the best mma content around the net. Also you dont feel like piece of shit for streaming ppvs then bitching about fighter pay. Fight Pass even provides fights from different sports and organizations! Such as Kickboxing events for the men and all out Jujistu competitions for the woman and the frail....

Bottom line is you're gonna spend that money on some shit you know you dont need so might as well spend it on something that even when you forget about it.......it'll still there

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  14. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

Bell rings, gets hit, folds at some point and CASHES that PAY CHEQUE

15. leatherf4ce Brown Belt

I just hope he uses kicks that we've yet to see Conor take.

16. mb23100 Gold Belt

Head kick to the body

17. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

Try to use his kicks and keep the range.. Conor comes in and flows with all his tools this is easy. He is not just about hands..

18. Natural Order Naughty by Nurture

He's going to plod forward without much movement and get beaten to the strike every time. Conor will pick him apart with his speed and movement.

I'm hoping Donald withstands the initial beating and somehow gets Conor tired......allowing for him to open up with more kicks and elbows.

Would love nothing more than for Cowboy to flatline this leprechaun but I don't see it happening.

19. Shindig44 Hug it, chug it, football!

Cowboy is going to stand and bang. I think, if anything, this is a fight that he wants to test and prove himself in. Let the pieces fall as they may.

20. Number 8 Brown Belt

Lose with the most money in the pocket and with the least damage, probably danas instructions.