What do you think as you step on the mat to train and how hardcore is your training

To be honest, I'm almost prepared to die on the mat any given night.

I'd rather not, of course...

Delco Grappler said:
I keep a journal everyday I train, I list 1 move from each position that I will work on for that day
e.g.
GUARD PASS = escrima pass
TOP SUBMISSION = kimura
GUARD = arm drag
Standing = slip single

I go fairly hard most workouts, not full but about 85% but mainly trying to fix wholes in my game.

Yo I see your from Delco, same here, where do you train?

DonkeyKong said:

I can't really explain it. Less stressful maybe? When I come and let things go and just chill I find myself realizing little small things that I would have missed. And when I grapple I can go about 5-6, 5 min rounds without gassing because I am so relaxed and not treating it like a all out wrasslin brawl.

smoke a joint be4 u roll and see ur game improve massively:)

The Man Monster said:
I don't know about a certain motto or anything but I always think to myself whenever I'm tired and feel like quitting for the day "Do you think (insert any fighters name here) quits when he gets tired, you've got to keep pushing it" and that always gets me going harder.

Yeah, here too. I always think " how the hell will I be world champion if I quit at this moment?" There

I find that i push my self in the warmup for better cardio (but also because im a heavy smoker ), the technique i still push my self to learn as i said in my previous one everytime we start rolling i try and use the submissions i have learnt in an order.

Commissar said:
To be honest, I'm almost prepared to die on the mat any given night.

I'd rather not, of course...

Commissar
Communist party official assigned to a military unit to teach party principles and policies and to ensure party loyalty.

... I too will follow you to the grave, Commi. :)

DonkeyKong said:
Ive seen people here mistake intensity for lack of technique. What I mean by a hardcore training session is giving it your best every second, you know when you feel just a little bit like slacking off? Cleaning that out of your mind and working at 110% from the moment you step on the mat until you leave. It doesn

When doing standup, I think about plastering my opponent. Like really fuck him into the mat.

On the ground, I just think about getting on top.

Back