What do you think about weed and bjj?

I enjoy the odd toke every once and awhile. I never smoke while i am rolling but for some strange reason whenever im sitting at home baked out of my tree i love going over BJJ technique on my computer and to be honest because of this my technique stays very sharp on the mat.

Rolling high is fucking retarded.

I smoked once before class and had a very bad day but I will smoke after class not anytime before need to keep sharp for class haha.

I smoked once before class and had a very bad day but I will smoke after class not anytime before need to keep sharp for class haha.

Were you smoking, when you wrote this post, by chance?:icon_chee

There is an experiment being conducted on whether indica or sativa dominant strains improve grappling performance.
Absolutely no conclusive data has emerged, just a lot of extraneous granby rolls and low percentage omoplata entries.

Rolling high is fucking retarded.

are you one of those people that thinks taking a few hits of marijuana intoxicates the user?

i suppose it does by the very definition of intoxication but marijuana in low dosages, at worst, will interfer with cardio.

point being

if you like to smoke weed often, you will probably get away with rolling stoned as long as you didn't smoke too much, in which case the large volume of smoke can interfer with cario.

if you do not smoke weed often, you shouldn't be rolling stoned...you aren't used to it

There is an experiment being conducted on whether indica or sativa dominant strains improve grappling performance.
Absolutely no conclusive data has emerged, just a lot of extraneous granby rolls and low percentage omoplata entries.

Got a good chuckle out of this one.

are you one of those people that thinks taking a few hits of marijuana intoxicates the user?

i suppose it does by the very definition of intoxication but marijuana in low dosages, at worst, will interfer with cardio.

point being

if you like to smoke weed often, you will probably get away with rolling stoned as long as you didn't smoke too much, in which case the large volume of smoke can interfer with cario.

if you do not smoke weed often, you shouldn't be rolling stoned...you aren't used to it

Right on my man!
Ive smoked weed for quite a while now.. and started BJJ about 7 months ago, was into MMA for quite a while and ive rolled stoned and drunk.. i found it good and bad.
Getting stoned can demotoivate you before training
It can help you relax in training but you should be relaxed normaly anyway.
its hard to retain infomation from training
it allows muscles to relax and for you to break moves down alot deeper
You will gas eaiser if you smoke too much ( i am fit but any form of smoking will hurt your cardio )

But this is me and the ole mary jane effects people differently..
Eddie bravo said it best " Its up to you to take control of it.. its a mood enhancer "

I found i didnt have the edge to compete vs higher belts as i would if i was sober so
I dont smoke before class anymore : this is all based on smoking in the day and then sobering up 2 hours or an hour before class.

I found after a while i started getting clostraphobia under people when i was gassed..( which i never had when i started bjj ) while i was simi high.. so i stopped smoking it before class and only somtimes after class.

i prefer not to roll drunk either... not that i cant do it... its people go overboard..
the bad thing is i get the feeling to roll when drunk somwhere.

^ YOU ROLL DRUNK?!?!?! now that's just plain crazy!!!!! (O_O)!!!

i once read this quote:

Marijuana is too BJJ / as Steroids are to weightlifting.

i think it was on my SAT's

THC and other classical cannibinoids are partial CB1 agonsts, with variable affinity for CB2 agonism, cannabinoinds have no effect on seratonin. Cannabinoid receptors arent involved in you're seratonin based scenareo. Coke is a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor and a dopamanine agonist btw...

You should talk about neurochemistry without knowing the most common neurotransmitors and their interections.

True....but still remains that it affects your emotions it may not be serotonin specifically. I should been more specific those I did not feel like researching the small details still I hear your seratonin was affect but then again that was years ago. In science what was yesterday may not be the same tomorrow.

Back