What do you think about weed and bjj?

Weed is not good for your bjj. It hurts your cardio and can make you lazy if you smoke a lot. I smoke sometimes because I enjoy it but I know that it is not good for me. Don't try to kid yourself into thinking weed is good for you, it's not but at the same time moderate use won't hurt you that badly either.

Weed is not good for your bjj. It hurts your cardio and can make you lazy if you smoke a lot. I smoke sometimes because I enjoy it but I know that it is not good for me. Don't try to kid yourself into thinking weed is good for you, it's not but at the same time moderate use won't hurt you that badly either.

Tell Nick Diaz that weed is bad for his cardio. People say that all the time, but I've yet to see evidence of it. I do not deny that smoking anything is bad for your lungs but that doesn't necessarily mean that it hurts your endurance while you are still young BEFORE you get cancer, which is much less likely from weed than from cigarettes btw. Maybe I'm completely wrong but all the people I know that smoke and lead normally lives (are not hippy stoners who sit around eating brownies when they smoke) are in good shape and most of them don't work out. It always baffled me that on fear factor it was always the smokers who won the breath holding contests and the smokers in my family can hold their breath under water a lot longer than I and the rest of the non-smokers do. I really don't know that I believe that smoking hurts your endurance.

Edit: I'm definitely NOT saying that smoking is good for you or that it doesn't have negative side effects. I'm just giving my two cents on that one point and I'm not even sure about it. I'll have to look more into it.

I'm not exaggerating at all about my usage and the marijuana I smoke is good enough for all my pothead friends who don't take months off because they don't have shit to do besides attend community colleges. Marijuana doesn't contain any addictive chemicals like nicotine. Your body does not becomes dependent on it. Like I said before, if you are a weak-minded person you might become dependent on it because you become used to being high and don't like being sober anymore. That is just out of someone's own lack of self-control. There will be no withdrawals from quitting marijuana. You will not become physically ill in any way from it. That's not my opinion, that is a fact. The only reports in all the studies I have read, which is a lot, that show any support of people having withdrawals were some people have cravings and people feel "down." Anyone who has ever been high before can testify that compared to being high being sober feels "down" because I don't think it's possible for most people, especially people who smoke a lot, to be as happy sober as they are high. I can find sources to link for you if you don't believe me and you're feeling lazy or you can just use google. Marijuana isn't physically addictive.

Actually, I don't think nocotine is addictive. Like I've said before, people are just conditioned to be dependent on it. Everyone I know who smokes both smokes a fuck ton more cigarettes than pot. That's probably why a marijuana users withdrawal symptoms are much less than that of a cigarette user. That "down" feeling is a withdrawal symptom. If someone was completely undependent(not independent) of a substance they wouldn't have any change what so ever. I hope I'm not coming off like a dick, just debating.

Actually, I don't think nocotine is addictive. Like I've said before, people are just conditioned to be dependent on it. Everyone I know who smokes both smokes a fuck ton more cigarettes than pot. That's probably why a marijuana users withdrawal symptoms are much less than that of a cigarette user. That "down" feeling is a withdrawal symptom. If someone was completely undependent(not independent) of a substance they wouldn't have any change what so ever. I hope I'm not coming off like a dick, just debating.

Actually I heard the people that smoke cigarettes and get hooked are just are weak willed people that are easily controlled. I can smoke all the time and quit for months at a time when I want.

I don't necessarily think it hurts your cardio just because I don't think many people smoke enough of it to cause a significant difference unlike cigarettes which people smoke much more habitually.

You compared the two like they were interchangeable. Argue semantics much?

Wow I didn't think you were that retarded to not understand what I meant.

Go educate yourself to read.

I have a hard time leaving my couch when I'm high

much less finding the motivation to open my guard

That "down" feeling that people reported could easily just be those people being upset because they're not smoking and they'd like to the same way I am upset if I miss an MMA event. I'm not having MMA withdrawals. It could also just be that the person isn't used to being sober and mistakes not being slap happy from being high with feeling "down." It's pretty hard to classify an emotion that a very small percentage of test subjects reported as a withdrawal.

Actually I heard the people that smoke cigarettes and get hooked are just are weak willed people that are easily controlled. I can smoke all the time and quit for months at a time when I want.

I don't think I'd say weak willed. Maybe they just don't have enough of a reason or motivation to quit. If I said sex or marijuana, pick one for the rest of your life, you might feel more motivated to stop smoking. On the other end if I said marijuana or slightly better health which wouldn't significantly increase your quality of life you probably wouldn't feel as motivated to quit. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Wow I didn't think you were that retarded to not understand what I meant.

Go educate yourself to read.

If I study really hard, can I ever become educated enough to make wonderfully constructed sentences like this....

"Actually I heard the people that smoke cigarettes and get hooked are just are weak willed people that are easily controlled. I can smoke all the time and quit for months at a time when I want."

You were drawing comparisons between the two, don't backtrack. If you make a stupid comment, either back it up or admit you were wrong.

If I study really hard, can I ever become educated enough to make wonderfully constructed sentences like this....

"Actually I heard the people that smoke cigarettes and get hooked are just are weak willed people that are easily controlled. I can smoke all the time and quit for months at a time when I want."

You were drawing comparisons between the two, don't backtrack. If you make a stupid comment, either back it up or admit you were wrong.

Wow, you are just plain retarded. :icon_cry2 *ignores*

I don't necessarily think it hurts your cardio just because I don't think many people smoke enough of it to cause a significant difference unlike cigarettes which people smoke much more habitually.

Yes of course there is no comparison between your average cigarette smoker and weed smoker when it comes to who is doing more damage to there lungs but that doesn't change the fact smoking weed is going to hurt your cardio at least a little bit and perhaps a decent amount if you smoke a lot. I know this may sound crazy but there are people out there who smoke close to an eighth a day. That WILL have a negative effect on you and probably a noticeable one. If you only smoke occasionally then the negative effects will probably be to trivial to notice though, so I guess it really depends on how much you smoke. I think the bottom line though it pretty simple, inhaling smoke of any kind is not good for you and the more you inhale the worse it is.

That "down" feeling that people reported could easily just be those people being upset because they're not smoking and they'd like to the same way I am upset if I miss an MMA event. I'm not having MMA withdrawals. It could also just be that the person isn't used to being sober and mistakes not being slap happy from being high with feeling "down." It's pretty hard to classify an emotion that a very small percentage of test subjects reported as a withdrawal.

Actaully that kind fo proves my point. On a very small level I'm addicted to MMA. I watch it whenever I can and depend on it as a source of happiness. When it's taken away I lose quality of life whether that comes in the form of slight depression (being bummed I missed the fight) or some crazy intense migraine. I guess one of my points is that all people are addicted to tons of things no matter how great or small, they're just not as taboo as illegal substance. And not being used to being sober is basically saying that you were dependent on a stimulus that is now gone. That weird not used to being sober feeling is the withdrawal symptom, even though it's not necessarily a negative one.

Yes of course there is no comparison between your average cigarette smoker and weed smoker when it comes to who is doing more damage to there lungs but that doesn't change the fact smoking weed is going to hurt your cardio at least a little bit and perhaps a decent amount if you smoke a lot. I know this may sound crazy but there are people out there who smoke close to an eighth a day. That WILL have a negative effect on you and probably a noticeable one. If you only smoke occasionally then the negative effects will probably be to trivial to notice though, so I guess it really depends on how much you smoke. I think the bottom line though it pretty simple, inhaling smoke of any kind is not good for you and the more you inhale the worse it is.

My dad's friend is a huge stoner and he sounds like a smoker, hacks and coughs like a smoker. But he's never smoked cigarettes. He just smokes weed all the time for the past 35 or so years.

Yeap, we're on the same page.

I never thought about shooting heroin in my eyes and doing BJJ. This could potentially be a huge game improver. I'm stealing your idea :icon_chee

Off topic but I had no idea Nocturno was banned? He was my favorite bjj troll!

On topic, I co-own a head shop (I don't smoke shocker I know) but MANY of my teammates smoke. Id say around 40% maybe more.

Wow, you are just plain retarded. :icon_cry2 *ignores*

Haha you clearly keep avoiding the subject, crack and weed have absolutely nothing in common. We are talking about how WEED affects your jiu jitsu ,not crack, so stop trying to bring irrelevant points into this conversation.

Last edited:
Haha you clearly keep avoiding the subject, crack and weed have absolutely nothing in common. You are the one that needs to educate yourself.

Both are inhaled after applying fire to them.

BURN!

:icon_twis

I smoke almost everytime before I train. I smoke just about every day but when I train I don't smoke that much. If I smoke more than 2-3 bowls and I get way too fucked up, the cardio goes first.

I feel like it helps me relax and flow better because I don't have to think. I just react. I don't think it's making me supercharged or anything I just think it relaxes me.

I don't get where the people were saying shit like "whenver my instructor is showing us a technique im not listening half the time" or whatever bullshit they're saying. when i'm stoned I can empathize myself as my instructor better, i can feel what he's doing by watching.

same with watching mma, the more jits i learn the more i can place myself in their positions.

Back