What do you think about weed and bjj?

I don't think that getting high will improve your BJJ at all. When I first started trainning I drank alot, smoked and got high daily. Once I quite all of that stuff my game has really taken off. Feels like I am thinking clear and physically in better shape than ever before.

Every thread about weed ends the same way. People who smoke saying weed is great, and makes them better, and people who don't smoke saying "you just think you're better because you're high" or "you just say that as en excuse cause you're a drug addict".

I haven't ever rolled while high. And doubt I will.

I don't think I could roll high. The last time I smoked, which was years ago, I remember I just get extremely lazy. I barely had enough energy to push the buttons on my XBOX360 controller.
Man I got killed in HALO that day.

I don't think that getting high will improve your BJJ at all. When I first started trainning I drank alot, smoked and got high daily. Once I quite all of that stuff my game has really taken off. Feels like I am thinking clear and physically in better shape than ever before.

Can't wait to make a trip down to the Fenton school.

Go Team Vaghi!

The illegality is irrelavant and so is the "addictive properties" bullshit. The only ways something becomes addictive is when you're body is conditioned to function with it. My body is conditioned to use my heart to pump blood through my body. Take that away and I'll have some pretty serious withdrawal symptoms.

If you are a habitual user (which is subjective) you will recieve withdrawal symptoms from quitting cold turkey. Your body becomes use to a stimlus and ten you take it away. Now in your case where you say you smoke everyday one month and none the next with no withdrawal symptoms. . . well, I'm not calling you a liar but I find that extremely hard to believe. I either think you smoke low grade marijuana or you're exaggerating your usage. Maybe there's some other logical explaination.

I know tonnes of people who can't quit weed because they don't feel right when they quit it because their body is too used to it and they need it or they get pissed off because it relaxes them (they smoke it everyday, multiple times a day). It's pathetic.

The illegality is irrelavant and so is the "addictive properties" bullshit. The only ways something becomes addictive is when you're body is conditioned to function with it. My body is conditioned to use my heart to pump blood through my body. Take that away and I'll have some pretty serious withdrawal symptoms.

If you are a habitual user (which is subjective) you will recieve withdrawal symptoms from quitting cold turkey. Your body becomes use to a stimlus and ten you take it away. Now in your case where you say you smoke everyday one month and none the next with no withdrawal symptoms. . . well, I'm not calling you a liar but I find that extremely hard to believe. I either think you smoke low grade marijuana or you're exaggerating your usage. Maybe there's some other logical explaination.

No one person that I know has ever had a withdrawal from quitting. At times I finish up my stash and decide for whatever reason, be it money or just being too busy at work, to not pick up more for a while. I'll go from smoking a bowl at night usually 3-5 times a week for about a month or two, to nothing at all for a month or two. Aside from being a little grouchy, and not falling asleep as easily (compared to when I'm high, so I wouldnt call it a symptom of withdrawal), I dont feel any different.

I'm a teenager and I don't even smoke it. I think it's pathetic how reliant some people become on it during their daily lives, then when the "Drug addict" card is flown up then they pull the "i can quit any time" card.

Does Heath Pedigo train there?

I know tonnes of people who can't quit weed because they don't feel right when they quit it because their body is too used to it and they need it or they get pissed off because it relaxes them (they smoke it everyday, multiple times a day). It's pathetic.

There are no physical withdrawal symptoms from quitting even long-term use of marijuana, only psychological ones. Some people get nervous/jittery/irritable when they quit, but no racing heartbeat or vomiting or feeling your hair grow or anything. It doesn't work like quitting tobacco or alcohol, where you can have a strong physical dependency and get very ill in the process of cessation.

Also, I think its lame that you claim some sort of moral superiority over people who chose to get stoned. Way to be a busybody. Everyone has personal failings, but getting all high-and-mighty about it is at least as pathetic as those getting stoned. Its not like they're stealing their parent's TV to pawn for heroin money here.

Maybe you aren't specifically arguing that marijuana helps you compete better but there are a lot of people who do.

I'm not exaggerating at all about my usage and the marijuana I smoke is good enough for all my pothead friends who don't take months off because they don't have shit to do besides attend community colleges. Marijuana doesn't contain any addictive chemicals like nicotine. Your body does not becomes dependent on it. Like I said before, if you are a weak-minded person you might become dependent on it because you become used to being high and don't like being sober anymore. That is just out of someone's own lack of self-control. There will be no withdrawals from quitting marijuana. You will not become physically ill in any way from it. That's not my opinion, that is a fact. The only reports in all the studies I have read, which is a lot, that show any support of people having withdrawals were some people have cravings and people feel "down." Anyone who has ever been high before can testify that compared to being high being sober feels "down" because I don't think it's possible for most people, especially people who smoke a lot, to be as happy sober as they are high. I can find sources to link for you if you don't believe me and you're feeling lazy or you can just use google. Marijuana isn't physically addictive.

Taking winstrol and nandralone also helps, and so does wearing chainmail armour and spiky gauntlets, but for guaranteed success, roll 2 vs. 1.

Point being, if smoking weed doesn't help, it's dumb. If it does help, it's still dumb.

Eddie Bravo is a goon?
Really?

Who are you?

I think you better read again because I can't seem to find the part where I said "Eddie bravo is a goon".

EDIT:

Learn to read.

Seriously, go back and read what he posted and you'll see that he called Eddie Bravo no such thing.

Lol thank you, you got to it before I did.

It didn't say they were high while they rolled though did it? Because I think that is a misconception people are having here. These guys, like Eddie Bravo, smoke weed and think about BJJ or work on technique. You definitely aren't better at competing in BJJ while you're high.

Actually I think that at least a few of the people the author met were getting high on the pattio of a private home/studio then doing some rolling. Though it was only training.

No one person that I know has ever had a withdrawal from quitting. At times I finish up my stash and decide for whatever reason, be it money or just being too busy at work, to not pick up more for a while. I'll go from smoking a bowl at night usually 3-5 times a week for about a month or two, to nothing at all for a month or two. Aside from being a little grouchy, and not falling asleep as easily (compared to when I'm high, so I wouldnt call it a symptom of withdrawal), I dont feel any different.

Other then these 2 obvious changes in your demeanor/self everything is the same..... Do you not see how you basically just proved his pont of having withdrawals?

Other then the migraines and crankiness, my fianc

my buddy could only pitch while he was smashed he said it helped him focus i'm sure it just depends on the person

My last post makes me seem like a hippy stoner, but I'll agree. I know plenty of people who just flat out don't try to quit. They smoke what would last me 4-6 weeks, in about one week. Of course they feel different when they don't smoke. They're not throwing up or having seizures and getting checked into hospitals though, like they would if they were drinking as heavily for as long and just stopped flat out.

They go for a day without smoking weed or cigarettes, at the end of the day they want to get high, but need a cig. Thats a big difference to me. But definitely pathetic either way.

I'm a teenager and I don't even smoke it. I think it's pathetic how reliant some people become on it during their daily lives, then when the "Drug addict" card is flown up then they pull the "i can quit any time" card.

The people you're talking about in this post and your post above this one are the people I say have no will power or self-control. I truly believe that these people would would be failures with or without weed because they need something to be dependent on. I know a lot of people exactly like the ones you're talking about and you're right, it is pathetic, but marijuana isn't the problem, they are.

Other then these 2 obvious changes in your demeanor/self everything is the same..... Do you not see how you basically just proved his pont of having withdrawals?

Other then the migraines and crankiness, my fianc

Last edited:
I'm not exaggerating at all about my usage and the marijuana I smoke is good enough for all my pothead friends who don't take months off because they don't have shit to do besides attend community colleges. Marijuana doesn't contain any addictive chemicals like nicotine. Your body does not becomes dependent on it. Like I said before, if you are a weak-minded person you might become dependent on it because you become used to being high and don't like being sober anymore. That is just out of someone's own lack of self-control. There will be no withdrawals from quitting marijuana. You will not become physically ill in any way from it. That's not my opinion, that is a fact. The only reports in all the studies I have read, which is a lot, that show any support of people having withdrawals were some people have cravings and people feel "down." Anyone who has ever been high before can testify that compared to being high being sober feels "down" because I don't think it's possible for most people, especially people who smoke a lot, to be as happy sober as they are high. I can find sources to link for you if you don't believe me and you're feeling lazy or you can just use google. Marijuana isn't physically addictive.
No withdrawals other than a feeling of depression eh? Yet again, if nothing at all changes whether it be mood, sleeping patterns , or diet you could maybe claim that.

It is my belief when you put a chemical (thc) in your body and change your balance repeatedly to get high or whatever, when you take that chemical away from your conditioned self you suffer some sort of withdrawal. It may be minor but to say it will have absolutely no effect is asinine.

Back