What do you think about trumps ideas?

This is a list of things you believe he can't accomplish. You probably know by now that the majority of what a president runs on is never accomplished.
You're failing to discern the difference. This is a list of promises that can't be accomplished, not a list that won't. He's all over the map. His own promises relentless contradict themselves. This isn't a matter pandering: of a betrayal of political will later failing to deliver this platform post-election. It's just the imaginary ramblings of a nincompoop.
The question was: How is Trump a joke in relation to Obama, Hillary, and the rest of the republican field? As in how does his credentials stack up against theirs?
He has zero political credentials (executive, legislative, bureaucratic, volunteer). So...I iterate, he's a joke.

It sounds to me like you've probably already been given the answer to your question, but you have your fingers in your ears. I can't say I'm surprised that in the context of that behavior you're gravitating towards Trump.

You're failing to discern the difference. This is a list of promises that can't be accomplished, not a list that won't. He's all over the map. His own promises relentless contradict themselves. This isn't a matter pandering: of a betrayal of political will later failing to deliver this platform post-election. It's just the imaginary ramblings of a nincompoop.

He has zero political credentials (executive, legislative, bureaucratic, volunteer). So...I iterate, he's a joke.

It sounds to me like you've probably already been given the answer to your question, but you have your fingers in your ears. I can't say I'm surprised that in the context of that behavior you're gravitating towards Trump.

Once again you have failed to explain how he is a joke in comparison to Obama, Hillary, and the republican field.

And your bullet points could be said for any presidential candidate in modern history. Guess what, they don't lay out blueprints so they can be dissected. Again, thats more of an indictment against modern political strategy than it is against any individual candidate.

As for him participating in outsourcing and making donations to previous candidates. I would much rather elect someone who buys politicians than a politician who is for sale. And who better to know how to overcome our trade imbalances than someone who has worked on the inside to exploit them?

And your bullet points could be said for any presidential candidate in modern history. Guess what, they don't lay out blueprints so they can be dissected. Again, thats more of an indictment against modern political strategy than it is against any individual candidate.
This is ignorantly incorrect. Pretty much every single one of them has taken concrete, enforceable positions on all of these issues.
Once again you have failed to explain how he is a joke in comparison to Obama, Hillary, and the republican field.
No, I quite clearly explained why. Simple, factual points. Your fingers are just planted in your ears.

If you think Obama has been a disaster you are either blinded by partisanship or you have a warped sense of what makes a president good (or a disaster).

Just for fun, what exactly about his presidency is a disaster?

And to the title, I think Trump's ideas are terrible, but they are not far off from the rest of the party. But I think we need to define what makes a good president first.

No shit. Considering the absolute mess he inherited...the U.S. Economy is doing much better.

Near as I can tell from this he will only take career politicians seriously.

That's because he has no idea how the machinery of politics actually works. He's a neophyte know-nothing. It's like listening to a child talk about everything he is going to do when he grows up without understanding anything about what is required to do it.

This is why he's a joke.

Just like like "Obama" was the punchline to the question "Who is so ignorant of the job he's applying for that he thinks he can close down Gitmo without any Congressional cooperation?". And don't forget that Trump clearly knows nothing about how politics works based solely on him contributing to candidates of both parties. Clearly a sign of stupidity. :icon_lol:

Trump is an entertainer, only cares about ratings and polls. He is rude and simple minded. If he wins the US will go downhill fast.

He can't answer it.

Mick's a super smart dude (just ask him!) and I think he clearly doesn't like Trump. I'd love to see his penchant for ridicule directed at everyone (just as you're asking).

I can't wait to hear him expound on the importance of government experience in light of what most of that is. My intuition is that experience in gladhanding and asskissing day after day, year after year, isn't that big of a loss. Or does Trump have experience, it's just that he was the dude being pandered to? :eek:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/cong...-two-thirds-of-time-asking-for-money-20140116

It's not news that politicians spend much of their time, palms out, asking for campaign cash. But the sheer volume of supplicating that former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle described Thursday was a shock.

"A typical United States senator spends two-thirds of the last two years of their term raising money," Daschle said.

Daschle explained his math this way: "A senator has to raise $10,000 every day that they're in office

Trump is an entertainer, only cares about ratings and polls. He is rude and simple minded. If he wins the US will go downhill fast.

He's still better than Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, John Boehner, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham, and Rick Santorum

A giant fucking wall will not only be expensive as Hell, but won't do the job. If people are committed to improving their lives, they will do whatever it takes to circumvent some stupid wall.

You are misunderstanding completely....

Also, your parrotting of the "PC" line doesn't apply because I have made no statements for or against keeping illegals out.. I simply said, a wall is not going to solve the problem... it will cost us a shit load and ultimately result in no benefits... Mexicans already tunnel under the entire border... it's "special ed" to think a wall is going to slow them down considering that fact.

It's like the war on drugs.. a giant money pit that results in nothing.. the way to slow immigration is not to stupidly erect a wall.. it's to make this side of the line less desirable to illegals, and to assist in making that side of the line more desirable to them...

See this is something i dont understand. Why wouldnt it work ? You build a wall and have it sufficiently staffed. I feel like people think that it wouldnt work because we havent had success keeping people out so far with a fence and border patrol. But i would mostly attribute our failure to a govt that truly doesnt want to stop the flow and are actually creating an environment conducive to illegals. The feds practically obstruct the border patrol from doing their job.

A sufficiently patrolled wall controlled by a govt that truly wants to stop the flow will absolutely work. Its actually silly to think we couldnt stop a bunch of poverty stricken immigrants from crossing if we truly wanted to. We havent had an administration yet that has really tried to secure the border. If we did we wouldnt have to worry about tunnels. We would find them before they were finished. And after awhile of that type of security guess what ? There wouldnt be nearly as many people trying to cross. High risk, low reward. When you see everyone that tries gets turned right around its a great deterrent. Allowing everyone in and then giving them amnesty isnt.

The worlds most powerful technologically advanced country absolutely has the ability to keep out a bunch of illegal immigrants if it truly chooses to do so.

This is a list of things you believe he can't accomplish. You probably know by now that the majority of what a president runs on is never accomplished.

The question was: How is Trump a joke in relation to Obama, Hillary, and the rest of the republican field? As in how does his credentials stack up against theirs?

What credentials, reality show star? If the few things he has talked about can't be accomplished (also never explains his solution), what does he bring?

He is a loudmouth, egomaniac, empty toupee, running in the election like its his next reality show payday.

I guess the obvious answer is that Trump has never held any form of political office before, while every single person in the opposition has.

I guess the obvious answer is that Trump has never held any form of political office before, while every single person in the opposition has.

Then the obvious question would be: why does that make him a joke?

And considering the results we've achieved from career politicians, is that a negative?

What credentials, reality show star? If the few things he has talked about can't be accomplished (also never explains his solution), what does he bring?

He is a loudmouth, egomaniac, empty toupee, running in the election like its his next reality show payday.

You're right...he's just a reality star. How could he compete with a community organizer, and the wife of an ex-pres up to her ears in scadal? These are very accomplished individuals.

You're right...he's just a reality star. How could he compete with a community organizer, and the wife of an ex-pres up to her ears in scadal? These are very accomplished individuals.

Belittling accomplishments doesn't mean they don't exist. Hillary was a two-time senator and a secretary of state. "lol first lady" is just an ignorant position.

Belittling accomplishments doesn't mean they don't exist. Hillary was a two-time senator and a secretary of state. "lol first lady" is just an ignorant position.

My opinion is she parlayed some dignity during her husband's scandal as "first lady" into the positions you laud her over. I think the importance of that "stiff upper lip" she displayed has waned and the substance of Hilary fails to generate real interest.

How much pride do you think she takes in the secretary of state gig? Would it benefit the ignorant to acknowledge it as the consolation prize to a failed Presidential bid?

As for him participating in outsourcing and making donations to previous candidates. I would much rather elect someone who buys politicians than a politician who is for sale. And who better to know how to overcome our trade imbalances than someone who has worked on the inside to exploit them?

He is a joke because he has literally no experiance in politics, and is running for the most political position on earth.

His positions on any issue are either non-existant, or make no sense. Hillary has a plan on immigration. Jeb Bush has an immigration plan. Fucking Santorum has an immigration plan. Trump doesnt have a plan, but he wants to make mexico build a big wall.

See this is something i dont understand. Why wouldnt it work ? You build a wall and have it sufficiently staffed. I feel like people think that it wouldnt work because we havent had success keeping people out so far with a fence and border patrol. But i would mostly attribute our failure to a govt that truly doesnt want to stop the flow and are actually creating an environment conducive to illegals. The feds practically obstruct the border patrol from doing their job.

A sufficiently patrolled wall controlled by a govt that truly wants to stop the flow will absolutely work. Its actually silly to think we couldnt stop a bunch of poverty stricken immigrants from crossing if we truly wanted to. We havent had an administration yet that has really tried to secure the border. If we did we wouldnt have to worry about tunnels. We would find them before they were finished. And after awhile of that type of security guess what ? There wouldnt be nearly as many people trying to cross. High risk, low reward. When you see everyone that tries gets turned right around its a great deterrent. Allowing everyone in and then giving them amnesty isnt.

The worlds most powerful technologically advanced country absolutely has the ability to keep out a bunch of illegal immigrants if it truly chooses to do so.

First of all, the border is almost 2,000 miles long. The resources required to construct a wall this size would be absolutely staggering. gathering the materials, the man power, and the logistics would be incredible. Right now, there is only 652 miles of shitty fencing on the border and that alone cost the government $7 billion (around $5 million per mile). A cement wall, too tall to scale over with guard towers is going to cost an incredible amount of money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-on-the-us-mexico-border-building-a-wall-is-easy/2015/07/16/9a619668-2b0c-11e5-bd33-395c05608059_story.html

If such a barrier could be erected, experts and government officials agreed that making it impenetrable would be virtually impossible, as is completely securing the entire 1,954-mile border. The Department of Homeland Security is already spending millions of dollars a year to maintain existing fences and to repair breaches, according to government reports and officials, while drug traffickers and smugglers are increasingly using tunnels to pass underneath.

Who is going to foot the bill for this? Trump claims he will "force Mexico to pay for everything". Where the hell did he even get this notion from, because the Mexican government certainly isn't going to hand over billions of dollars for such project.

Then we run into the problem of having to staff a 2,000 mile long stretch of land. I'm assuming these will be government workers, being paid on tax dollars.

Trump completely overlooks how ridiculously resilient people become when they are desperate (or motivated by greed). Many illegals are not sneaking across the border, but are instead, coming across with VIsas and then disappearing once they're here.

The other candidates provided far more feasible solutions, i.e. e-verify, better entry-exit tracking strategies, etc.

Of course, this is only ONE of Trump's many many flaws.

My opinion is she parlayed some dignity during her husband's scandal as "first lady" into the positions you laud her over. I think the importance of that "stiff upper lip" she displayed has waned and the substance of Hilary fails to generate real interest.

How much pride do you think she takes in the secretary of state gig? Would it benefit the ignorant to acknowledge it as the consolation prize to a failed Presidential bid?

It's more likely than not she parleyed First Lady into her first senator campaign. However, she was an effective senator, and wound up getting excellent numbers in her subsequent campaign. Had it been all about "first lady" those numbers would have waned instead.

As far as secretary of state, it wasn't a "consolation prize." There's no such thing in politics.

It was a means for Obama to pay back the DNC by keeping one of their most formidable candidates active and build her resume while guaranteeing an open field.

I also suspect that you're playing devil's advocate here, but I'll humor you, since the alternative is responding to luminaries like 2guntommy and kahliajabroni.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back