What do you think about trumps ideas?

Say what? How so?

So implementing a massive deficit reducer that also gets millions of people coverage that didn't have it is a "disaster"? Give me a break.

There are trade-offs with every policy and I get Republicans oppose anything that hurts wealthy business owners, but it's pretty silly to call Obamacare a disaster.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

Warmongering Bush = Iraq/Afghan

Peace loving Obama = Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Yemen.

Those are the countries he has bombed.. so far.

Yes, it is a disaster. All we needed was a universal healthcare paid for by taxes. Instead, he used the govt to force people to buy a service. Thats a fact.

Yeah, huge billion dollar companies never donate to democrats...

Is this real life?

Warmongering Bush = Iraq/Afghan

Peace loving Obama = Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Yemen.

Those are the countries he has bombed.. so far.

Dude, do you really think it's honest to compare a full-scale invasion and long-time war with a handful of drone strikes?

Yes, it is a disaster. All we needed was a universal healthcare paid for by taxes. Instead, he used the govt to force people to buy a service. Thats a fact.

Yeah, Obama should have proposed national healthcare paid for with tax increases. Surely Republicans and conservative Democrats would have rallied around that plan and passed it, leading to a glorious success that would have Republicans and Democrats alike praising him. Republicans are highly supportive of the rich paying more taxes to provide more benefits for the poor; they just want to make sure it's done in the best way possible.

Trump is good at pointing out what's broken. But so am I.

So far, there aren't many examples (...any?) of how, specifically, he'll fix these things.

Trump is good at pointing out what's broken. But so am I.

So far, there aren't many examples (...any?) of how, specifically, he'll fix these things.

Except he's actually really bad at pointing out what's broken. Mexican rapists, the dollar being too strong, the dollar being too weak, too much interventionism, not enough domination of other nations, and the president's birth certificate are all things he's pointed out as being broken.

why would any american listen to a non american about american politics?

From another site

Trump; things you didn't know about him.

Trump Hopefully, at least, he’s waking some of the RINOs up. The criticisms of Trump are amazingly​ missing something. They are​ lacking in ​negative stories from those who work for him or have had business dealings with him. After all the employees he’s had and all the business deals he’s made there is a void of criticism. In fact, long term employees call him a strong and merciful leader and say he is far more righteous and of high integrity​ than people may think​.And while it may surprise many, he’s actually humble when it comes to his generosity and kindness. A good example is a story that tells of his limo breaking down on a deserted highway outside of New York City. A middle-aged couple stopped to help him and as a thank you he paid off their mortgage, but he didn’t brag about that. Generous and good people rarely talk of charity they bestow on others.​ But as much as all this is interesting, the real thing that people want to know is what Donald Trump’s plan is for America. It’s funny how so many people say they don’t know what it is, or they act like Trump is hiding it. The information is readily available if people would just do a little homework. But, since most Americans won't do their own research, here, in no particular order, is an overview of many of Trumps positions and plans:

1.) Trump believes that America should not intervene militarily in other country’s problems without being compensated for doing so. If America is going to risk the lives of our soldiers and incur the expense of going to war, then the nations we help must be willing to pay for our help. Using the Iraq War as an example, he cites the huge monetary expense to American taxpayers (over $1.5 trillion, and possibly much more depending on what sources are used to determine the cost) in addition to the cost in human life. He suggests that Iraq should have been required to give us enough of their oil to pay for the expenses we incurred. He includes in those expenses the medical costs for our military and $5 million for each family that lost a loved one in the war and $2 million for each family of soldiers who received severe injuries.

2.) Speaking of the military, Trump wants America to have a strong military again. He believes the single most important function of the federal government is national defense. He has said he wants to find the General Patton or General MacArthur that could lead our military buildup back to the strength it needs to be. While he hasn’t said it directly that I know of, Trump’s attitude about America and about winning tells me he’d most likely be quick to eliminate rules of engagement that handicap our military in battle. Clearly Trump is a “win at all costs” kind of guy, and I’m sure that would apply to our national defense and security, too.

3.) Trump wants a strong foreign policy and believes that it must include 7 core principles (which seem to support my comment in the last point):

18.) Trump supports the death penalty. Trump believes that there is a lack of common sense, innovative thinking in Washington (Hmmm… looks like he believes in horse sense!). He says it’s about seeing the unseen and that’s the kind of thinking we need to turn this country around. He tells a personal story to illustrate the point: “When I opened Trump National Golf Club at Rancho Palos Verdes in Los Angeles, I was immediately told that I would need to build a new and costly ballroom. The current ballroom was gorgeous, but it only sat 200 people and we were losing business because people needed a larger space for their events. Building a new ballroom would take years to get approval and permits (since it’s on the Pacific Ocean), and cost about $5 million. I took one look at the ballroom and saw immediately what needed to be done. The problem wasn’t the size of the room, it was the size of the chairs. They were huge, heavy, and unwieldy. We didn’t need a bigger ballroom, we needed smaller chairs! So I had them replaced with high-end, smaller chairs. I then had our people sell the old chairs and got more money for them than the cost of the new chairs. In the end, the ballroom went from seating 200 people to seating 320 people. Our visitors got the space they desired, and I spared everyone the hassle of years of construction and $5 million of expense. It’s amazing what you can accomplish with a little common sense.”On top of his saving years of construction and $5 million in expenses, he also was able to keep the ballroom open for business during the time it would have been under remodeling, which allowed him to continue to make money on the space instead of losing that revenue during construction time.

Donald Trump’s entire life has been made up of success and winning. He’s been accused of bankruptcies, but that’s not true. He’s never filed personal bankruptcy. He’s bought companies and legally used bankruptcy laws to restructure their debt, just as businesses do all the time. But he’s never been bankrupt personally. He’s a fighter that clearly loves America and would fight for our nation. Earlier I quoted Trump saying, “I love America. And when you love something, you protect it passionately – fiercely, even.” We never hear that from Democrats or even from most Republicans. Donald Trump is saying things that desperately need to be said but no other candidate has shown the fortitude to stand up and say them. Looking over this list of what he wants for America I see a very necessary set of goals that are long past due. Before we criticize someone because the media does, maybe we should seriously consider what he has to offer.

America needs to stop trying to relive the glory days of the past, those manufacturing jobs that pay enough to allow you to own a house two cars and sent your 2 children to school wont be coming back.

Going back into the middle East with troops would be a terrible mistake, we know now it wont work anyway, they have to fix themselves.

Also you wont be able to fix relations with Putin because he is not interested in fixing anything. He needs to stay in power at all cost to prevent criminal charges.

I know people like to ream "Obamacare", but lets be real here. What we have now is RepublicanCare. We didn't get a fixed healthcare system because the Repubs wouldn't allow it, thus we ended up with something in-between that solves nothing (typical politics) and costs more.

Mexico is not going to fund a 2,000 mile wall. They will just dig tunnels anyways. Stop the war on drugs, and you might see a reduced exodus from Mexico.

We are not beating ISIS. I don't have an answer here, but "cutting off their funds" is delusional at best.

What does renegotiate trade deals mean? How does he plan to bring jobs back to the US without absurdly increased price of goods.

Exactly brah, A lot of the right wing people are gonna be in for a rude awakening if Trump would win. He would end up doing whatever is practical and suits him that day. As people like to say he does what he wants.

Also, He is a deal maker more than anything. Jesus Christ! His book is called "Art of the Deal". He will compromise on so many things its gonna be hilarious.

You're a bright dude lil' Joe

I think we're right to be worried about what Trump might bring to the table, but not for the usual reasons.

He might look at statistics and numbers without allowing ideology to completely cloud his judgment. His cloud is an ego-cloud.

If you think Obama has been a disaster you are either blinded by partisanship or you have a warped sense of what makes a president good (or a disaster).

Just for fun, what exactly about his presidency is a disaster?

And to the title, I think Trump's ideas are terrible, but they are not far off from the rest of the party. But I think we need to define what makes a good president first.

obama is awesome. democrats are the best. all republicans are idiots. if you disagree you are blinded by your pastisanship. i got your views down right? lol

On ISIS - take out their wealth, destroy the oil fields, send in the army and exxon mobile, rebuild the oil fields, take control of them. Stop losing shipments of weapons, he mentioned the 2000 humvees specifically.

Don't care, but I'm generally in favor of kicking the shit out of them so whatever that takes.

Economy - Renegotiate trade deals to bring jobs back to America. Charge a tax for imported cars and parts to pressure car companies to manufacture in America, instead of Mexico and China. Put the best negotiators in the country in charge of these deals, not politicians.

Anytime you can renegotiate a better deal that sounds good. Professional negotiators makes sense. Just cars get an import tariff? That doesn't seem fair. If I were to stimulate the economy via the auto industry it would be by spurring along driverless technology. That's a revolutionary step in transportation that will generate a fuckton of commercial activity globally.

Health care - repeal Obamacare and build a better system at the fraction of the cost. Says Obamacare is forcing doctors to retire and is a tremendous financial burden (5 billion dollar website).

Sounds great. Move that single payer shit along (or anything that stops people from being forced to do business with insurance companies.

Education - says Americans spend far more on education than any other country and are ranked 26th in education. Implies getting rid of common core. Says there are countries spending 1/10th the amount on education and they have better education and a better system. Claims he could fix it.

Education is a state issue. He's right that we could get more bang for our buck. I doubt any politician has a good idea to overhaul public schooling in a way that recognizes we've entered the information age.

Immigration - says he can get Mexico to build an impenetrable wall to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, says Mexico will pay for it.

I'd love to see him try. Personally I think it will take more than a wall. Something like 50 yards of no access where if you come into that zone you get death.

War - says he can fix the relationship with Russia, that he knows putin and can work with him. Will not allow iran to get a nuclear bomb, will stop them with heavy heavy sanctions.

I'd rather get along with Russia than not and it wouldn't surprise me that Donald could get more respect out of Putin than Obama has.

He also says politicians are controlled by their contributers, and that he will not be controlled by anyone, friend or not. Says he doesn't need the money.

Hard to argue with this.

We are involved in more middle eastern countries now, for one.
Forcing people to buy a service instead of having an nhs type healthcare.
I am pretty sure the feds, under Obama, have gone after more medical weed facilities than Bush.

I'm fairly certain Obama would LOVE to have the support for a NHS, but that was impossible.

Never make the perfect the enemy of the good. Obamacare is a step towards a NHS not away.

Dude, do you really think it's honest to compare a full-scale invasion and long-time war with a handful of drone strikes?

Yeah, Obama should have proposed national healthcare paid for with tax increases. Surely Republicans and conservative Democrats would have rallied around that plan and passed it, leading to a glorious success that would have Republicans and Democrats alike praising him. Republicans are highly supportive of the rich paying more taxes to provide more benefits for the poor; they just want to make sure it's done in the best way possible.

I didnt say they were the same or comparable. But, to think Obama and democrats are anti war, peace loving politicians is pure BS

obama is awesome. democrats are the best. all republicans are idiots. if you disagree you are blinded by your pastisanship. i got your views down right? lol

I do think that at this point, it's hard to deny that Obama has been a great president.

I know people like to ream "Obamacare", but lets be real here. What we have now is RepublicanCare. We didn't get a fixed healthcare system because the Repubs wouldn't allow it, thus we ended up with something in-between that solves nothing (typical politics) and costs more.

Mexico is not going to fund a 2,000 mile wall. They will just dig tunnels anyways. Stop the war on drugs, and you might see a reduced exodus from Mexico.

We are not beating ISIS. I don't have an answer here, but "cutting off their funds" is delusional at best.

What does renegotiate trade deals mean? How does he plan to bring jobs back to the US without absurdly increased price of goods.

You really think illegal Mexicans here are all drug smugglers or dealers?
When did Trump make an acct here?

Surely you can find something on breitbart to substantiate your views instead of horrible attempts at sarcasm.

Or do you enjoy shooting blanks?

Surely you can find something on breitbart to substantiate your views instead of horrible attempts at sarcasm.

Or do you enjoy shooting blanks?

which views of mine are you referring to? i just find it funny how people can be horribly partisan but just act as if it has nothing to do with anything, its just that it is so easy to see how awesome obama is and how horrible the right is! and if you dont think he is TBE you are just a right wing hack!

both sides are like that of course.

Back