What do you think about trumps ideas?

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First and foremost im not American, but i have sat back and watched Americans vote for crappy president after crappy president and the fact that Hilary Clinton could become your next president is mind boggling.

Obama tricked everyone including myself and he has been nothing but a disaster.

Ive been listening to trumps speeches and honestly im starting to think he might be a good option.

Do you agree with his ideas?

On ISIS - take out their wealth, destroy the oil fields, send in the army and exxon mobile, rebuild the oil fields, take control of them. Stop losing shipments of weapons, he mentioned the 2000 humvees specifically.

This would be considered another invasion of iraq, on the other hand isis is an enemy and national security threat to the USA, and completely exiting the situation will allow ISIS to expand and become extremely powerful.

Economy - Renegotiate trade deals to bring jobs back to America. Charge a tax for imported cars and parts to pressure car companies to manufacture in America, instead of Mexico and China. Put the best negotiators in the country in charge of these deals, not politicians.

Health care - repeal Obamacare and build a better system at the fraction of the cost. Says Obamacare is forcing doctors to retire and is a tremendous financial burden (5 billion dollar website).

Education - says Americans spend far more on education than any other country and are ranked 26th in education. Implies getting rid of common core. Says there are countries spending 1/10th the amount on education and they have better education and a better system. Claims he could fix it.

Immigration - says he can get Mexico to build an impenetrable wall to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, says Mexico will pay for it.

War - says he can fix the relationship with Russia, that he knows putin and can work with him. Will not allow iran to get a nuclear bomb, will stop them with heavy heavy sanctions.

He also says politicians are controlled by their contributers, and that he will not be controlled by anyone, friend or not. Says he doesn't need the money.

Its still early and im sure he will have a lot more to say but what are your thoughts so far? Agree or disagree with these ideas?

I like the fact that hes not politically correct and will just speak bluntly, its a nice change.

Im just wondering if he would be a worse choice than Hillary Satan.

doubtful

He's no crazier than the rest of them. Jeb Bush tries to come across as a moderate, but he will be a clone of his brother.

I doubt Trump would actually try to do any of what he's saying. If he became president, his ego might lead him in a positive, or a negative direction, who knows.

Trump plays by trump rules. The rest of the Republicans are hardcore ideological conservatives, and are extremely dangerous. Trump is potentially less so, it's tough to say.

What are his ideas? All I hear is we need a wall, I'm getting all our jobs back from China and everyone is a loser. He hasn't laid out any serious legislation plans.

Conservatives: what exactly do you think Hillary is going to do that is so bad? I'm not asking why you hate her, or about how dishonest she is, or any of that. In terms of policy, what do you think she'll do that will harm American so much?

I wonder whether Trump is the only one who's message isn't based on a careful focus group analysis.

The republican contest right now consists of a a few different types of candidates.

Type 1: Real contenders. Jeb Bush is in this category. I'm not extremely confident anyone else is but 2-3 others are as well. What they're saying right now is a compromise between what he needs to say to win the Republican race and what he's going to move on to saying to become President. Their actual policy commitments will become apparent only later, but we kind of know what a Republican Establishment cantitate stands for anyway, especially a Bush.

Type 2: Fringe candidates. They look in awe and wonder at how fringe candidates of the past command huge fees on the political speech circuit. How they used a failed bid to win the Republican nomination made them into semi-big name conservatives. This is why there are so many candidates. You don't have to win the race to benefit from it. Getting enough national exposure means you might be able to get 30 thousand dollars for a 45 speech after dropping out of the race. Most of the contenders fall into this category. They aren't deluded, they know they can't win. They run anyway, mostly for that reason. Guys like Santorum fall into this category.

Type 3: Donald Trump

None of what they say right now, in terms of policy, is even worth discussing. Let's enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

People taking trump seriously confirms how flawed we are as a species.

Mr Bean for president.

Last edited:
If you think Obama has been a disaster you are either blinded by partisanship or you have a warped sense of what makes a president good (or a disaster).

Just for fun, what exactly about his presidency is a disaster?

And to the title, I think Trump's ideas are terrible, but they are not far off from the rest of the party. But I think we need to define what makes a good president first.

People taking trump seriously confirms how flawed we are as a species.

Mr Bean for president.

a.aaa-Mr-Bean-is-awsome..jpg

his ideas are more a little more sane than GWB's.

GWB is the guy who said, "God told me to invade Iraq..."

GWB is the guy who initiated 2 costly wars, and cut taxes and increased spending...

And the stupid ass American people elected GWB twice...

Hell, I would take Trump over 80 percent of the GOP field. And he isn't a creationist fu*ktard

If you think Obama has been a disaster you are either blinded by partisanship or you have a warped sense of what makes a president good (or a disaster).

Just for fun, what exactly about his presidency is a disaster?

And to the title, I think Trump's ideas are terrible, but they are not far off from the rest of the party. But I think we need to define what makes a good president first.

We are involved in more middle eastern countries now, for one.
Forcing people to buy a service instead of having an nhs type healthcare.
I am pretty sure the feds, under Obama, have gone after more medical weed facilities than Bush.

We are involved in more middle eastern countries now, for one.

Say what? How so?

Forcing people to buy a service instead of having an nhs type healthcare.

So implementing a massive deficit reducer that also gets millions of people coverage that didn't have it is a "disaster"? Give me a break.

There are trade-offs with every policy and I get Republicans oppose anything that hurts wealthy business owners, but it's pretty silly to call Obamacare a disaster.

I am pretty sure the feds, under Obama, have gone after more medical weed facilities than Bush.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

Not American but I like Obama. He has a strong, confident demeanor and he speaks with conviction.

I'd take Obama over any of the ****s we've had running the country for the past couple of decades.

I find his blunt approach refreshing. Nice to see someone lay out his ideas without sounding like a typical, sly politician.

That said, I find him being the head candidate of the Republican party rather disturbing. When he announced he was running, I took it like any other celebrity throwing their name in the cap. A joke and a publicity stunt. The fact that he actually has a shot, is kind of scary and might speak to how fucking stupid our society is becomming.

Say what? How so?

So implementing a massive deficit reducer that also gets millions of people coverage that didn't have it is a "disaster"? Give me a break.

There are trade-offs with every policy and I get Republicans oppose anything that hurts wealthy business owners, but it's pretty silly to call Obamacare a disaster.

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

Actually he is right. You can look at the White House's own data and see that this administration has been far more aggressive on weed than the previous one.

First and foremost im not American, but i have sat back and watched Americans vote for crappy president after crappy president and the fact that Hilary Clinton could become your next president is mind boggling.

Obama tricked everyone including myself and he has been nothing but a disaster.

Ive been listening to trumps speeches and honestly im starting to think he might be a good option.

Do you agree with his ideas?

On ISIS - take out their wealth, destroy the oil fields, send in the army and exxon mobile, rebuild the oil fields, take control of them. Stop losing shipments of weapons, he mentioned the 2000 humvees specifically.

This would be considered another invasion of iraq, on the other hand isis is an enemy and national security threat to the USA, and completely exiting the situation will allow ISIS to expand and become extremely powerful.

Economy - Renegotiate trade deals to bring jobs back to America. Charge a tax for imported cars and parts to pressure car companies to manufacture in America, instead of Mexico and China. Put the best negotiators in the country in charge of these deals, not politicians.

Health care - repeal Obamacare and build a better system at the fraction of the cost. Says Obamacare is forcing doctors to retire and is a tremendous financial burden (5 billion dollar website).

Education - says Americans spend far more on education than any other country and are ranked 26th in education. Implies getting rid of common core. Says there are countries spending 1/10th the amount on education and they have better education and a better system. Claims he could fix it.

Immigration - says he can get Mexico to build an impenetrable wall to stop the flood of illegal immigrants, says Mexico will pay for it.

War - says he can fix the relationship with Russia, that he knows putin and can work with him. Will not allow iran to get a nuclear bomb, will stop them with heavy heavy sanctions.

He also says politicians are controlled by their contributers, and that he will not be controlled by anyone, friend or not. Says he doesn't need the money.

Its still early and im sure he will have a lot more to say but what are your thoughts so far? Agree or disagree with these ideas?

I like the fact that hes not politically correct and will just speak bluntly, its a nice change.

Not American.....but it would seem you can still watch Fox News via a satellite provider.

I think the word 'idea' is a little strong.

He's no crazier than the rest of them. Jeb Bush tries to come across as a moderate, but he will be a clone of his brother.

I doubt Trump would actually try to do any of what he's saying. If he became president, his ego might lead him in a positive, or a negative direction, who knows.

Trump plays by trump rules. The rest of the Republicans are hardcore ideological conservatives, and are extremely dangerous. Trump is potentially less so, it's tough to say.

Exactly brah, A lot of the right wing people are gonna be in for a rude awakening if Trump would win. He would end up doing whatever is practical and suits him that day. As people like to say he does what he wants.

Also, He is a deal maker more than anything. Jesus Christ! His book is called "Art of the Deal". He will compromise on so many things its gonna be hilarious.

Back