Social What do you think about this rebuttal to the idea that Gays are trying to influence children?

50458257_10156188842318107_7746322372759650304_n.jpg
and that it is wrong?
Homosexuality by default doesn't produce a necessary interaction to sustain the species. So it's a false equivalence.

In this respect homosexuality is not an equal to heterosexuality as a matter of logical, social, bioevolutionary presumption.

Homosexuality by default doesn't produce a necessary interaction to sustain the species. So it's a false equivalence.

In this respect homosexuality is not an equal to heterosexuality as a matter of logical, social, bioevolutionary presumption.

Ding ding ding!!

Or just ‘ding-ding’.. if some of you prefer. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

That or we just want our kids to have the best, easiest life possible. Do you hope your children are gay?
With him as a dad it’s a certainty. I’m sure he and his husband are rooting for it

For the third time, gay people can have children.

Sure, but procreation naturally will be more likely if they are straight. This is the presumption that's made with heterosexuality.

Stop trying to be a contrarian.

Sure, but procreation naturally will be more likely if they are straight. This is the presumption that's made with heterosexuality.

Stop trying to be a contrarian.
I'm not just being contrarian, I'm just pointing out that it's not a valid reason to hope your children are straight.

I'm not just being contrarian, I'm just pointing out that it's not a valid reason to hope your children are straight.

Except for them to have children, which is the norm. You don't argue the outliers because those are not the standard. Would you kindly read any literature on forming an argument and then come back to the war room. Thank you.

Except for them to have children, which is the norm. You don't argue the outliers because those are not the standard. Would you kindly read any literature on forming an argument and then come back to the war room. Thank you.
How about go fuck yourself?

How about go fuck yourself?

I’m NOT a fan of the lunatic you are arguing with and I’m a pretty liberal guy:

I have children. I hope they are straight. Hard to deny it’s an easier life

I’m NOT a fan of the lunatic you are arguing with and I’m a pretty liberal guy:

I have children. I hope they are straight. Hard to deny it’s an easier life
I was more taking exception to his condescension.

Like I said earlier, there are valid reasons to hope that they are straight. I just don't think biological imperative is one of them.

Let's not get lost in the illustration, but I agree that the anti-gay argument is irrational and fear-based.

My point was that 1) it's not an unfounded concern, and 2) it's helpful to understand where ONE person is coming from because 3) one person is an easier avenue to address than the "big picture" with *everyone included.* For one thing is spares me, myself personally, from getting too worked up when someone doesn't agree with my POV, and thus the flow of discussion can become less combative.

Yes, it's silly but it doesn't mean I have to treat it that way.

I understand your point, but adults don't hold that same level of confidence in children; we consider children to be easily influenced, impressionable, and ill-prepared to handle adult situations. The smart thing to do here is not to vilify the gays but rather strengthen the children. Unfortunately bias plays a role in such parenting, but the nominal thing to do is build confidence, not to steer decisions to the point parents override the child's own decision-making ability.

But that presumes the child has a choice in his or her sexuality, which they don't. That's why the argument is ill-conceived.

Back