What Do You Think About The EA UFC Roster?

My 3 issues other than no Woodley or Lombard are Gracie not being a Welterweight, no Stephen Bonnar, and no Matt Hughes. To be honest if you are in the hof you should be in the game automatically. I can see why there's no Ken Shamrock, Randy Couture, or Tito Ortiz, but Coleman, Severn, Hughes, and Bonnar should've been in there.

The roster should be the entire top 15 of every division, and some prospects from each. Then a Legends DLC later, but get the current fighters in first.

If they don't reach this number through DLC, I will be very disappointed.

Disappointed.

I loved pride mode in undisputed 3, and it's cool to play as the old legends when you have friends over.

People want to play Randy Couture, Tito, Rampage, Fedor, Mirko...

:(

The roster is great, deeper than I thought. Why take the time putting no names in the game? They did miss a few fighter I wish they'd have but no big deal, take the time to make the mechanics great.

I think this will be the best mma or ufc game yet, but I think the next installment will be much better. I'm really looking forward to the game and I bet it's going to be loads of fun, despite it's flaws.

The roster is pretty solid but it has some major misses in it too. I hope we get another 20-30 characters in DLC

Roster seems fine to me. Most other fighters will come in DLC - any that aren't are probably people no one has heard of anyway.

I'm not that arsed about having some 0-1 fighters on there. Spend that time working on the submission mechanics, which has always been pretty terrible on UFC games.

No Barnett, Diego Sanchez, Lombard sucks....including Chuck and Royce sucks too. They should have included Chuck, Royce, Matt Hughes, Randy, Brock, separately in a DLC legends pack. Having Bruce Lee in the game doesn't make sense to me neither. I'm actually more concerned about the inflated ratings that Rousey and others have....

Not nearly enough Lightweights or Featherweights. There are about 8/9 MW-LHW-HW I'd cut to make way for them.

Still plenty of selection, still more concerned about all these arcade gameplay clips we keep seeing.

You mean real fights don't consist of

superman punch
superman punch
spinning back kick
superman punch
superman punch
Pettis kick
powerbomb takedown
Twister

I'd love to see a quality legends DLC pack that includes the arena from the first UFC.

Disappointed.

I loved pride mode in undisputed 3, and it's cool to play as the old legends when you have friends over.

People want to play Randy Couture, Tito, Rampage, Fedor, Mirko...

:(

Its a shame, because EA MMA had Randy and Fedor...

100 current fighters and legends spread out over 9 divisions is disappointing. Not every division has big exclusions but the ones that do got hit pretty hard.

There's almost no point to playing in certain divisions for career mode even if they have randomly generated fighters for the minor leagues. Once you make the jump to the UFC you'll be having a bunch of rematches most likely.

It makes it worse when you know this is EA and they will have a bunch of DLC fighters instead of trying to get them for release.

I understand it's a next gen game. I'd feel better if that extra time was going to polish for gameplay but that's another issue.

Who is Pascal Kraus?

Other than that, looks solid. I'm definitely gonna wait for some reviews before I buy it however...I saw the Pettis/Aldo gameplay vid the other day. It looks very aesthetically pleasing but some stuff was just "off".

100 current fighters and legends spread out over 9 divisions is disappointing. Not every division has big exclusions but the ones that do got hit pretty hard.

There's almost no point to playing in certain divisions for career mode even if they have randomly generated fighters for the minor leagues. Once you make the jump to the UFC you'll be having a bunch of rematches most likely.

It makes it worse when you know this is EA and they will have a bunch of DLC fighters instead of trying to get them for release.

I understand it's a next gen game. I'd feel better if that extra time was going to polish for gameplay but that's another issue.

You will still fight cafs in the UFC. You will get updates about up and coming guys who you may fight in the future. In an interview one of the devs said they made it so you will only rematch a fighter if a rematch is warranted due to a close fight or controversy.

As far as the roster goes, it looks weak. Here are a few things I noticed:

1. A lot of names missing. Sure, they could add them in DLC, but honestly, are they really going to put in Pascal Krauss in the game but not Matt Brown or Stun Gun? Of all the prospects/mid-lower tier guys they could have used (if any), they pick Krauss? I have nothing bad to say about Krauss. I'm okay with him being in the game. But it just seems really random that out of the 90+ WWs on the roster, they include him and didn't include many more that would make just as much, if not more sense.

2. I like that you can use some guys in multiple weight classes. But it seems like they used that as a reason to not add more fighters to the roster. Why fill it up with more guys that actually compete there when you can just add some guys from other weight classes to more than one weight? It makes it look fuller without it actually being that way. What's worse is that you have guys who actually have moved weights that are only listed at one weight, while others who only compete at one weight who are listed in more than one. Frankie Edgar, the former LW champ appears to only be available at FW, but Korean Zombie is playable at LW?

3. With such a limited roster, it could really hurt career mode. Even if they have some generic guys for early competition, are they going to make them move up through the ranks like prospects, or will it be where you have the same handful of guys competing at the top for years?

This can still be a good game. But there are things I think should be done that would make the game much better.

1. Make it so you can create a whole lot of CAFs. I don't want to start making guys and be limited to like 10 or 20. I'd at least like to make 10 per divison.

2. Make it so you can add all of your CAFs to career mode. If I am allowed to make a lot of CAFs, and I take the time to do so, I would like to be able to have them all in the career mode. It would make for a much better experience so it's not just the same guys over and over again. In one of the old UFC games, Kongo was like a 5 time HW champ and had fought the same guys like 5 times each. A little realism can go a long way. Not saying an unsuspecting guy can't get the title, but if there are more guys fighting and they don't stick around for the whole career, you can get a little more variety in opponents and not have the same guys winning the title over and over and over again.

3. In career mode, guys should retire and new computer generated guys should come along, just like with any other sports title with seasons/careers. If I'm a 22 year old rookie, Dan Henderson shouldn't still be fighting when I retire at 37.

4. Adjustable stats. It would be nice if I could adjust the stats down the road to reflect the current roster. It would make the game much more relevant next year or even the year after that. If Pascal Krauss turns into the next Anderson Silva next year, it would be nice if I could adjust the stats to make him that good.

Hell, this might be a kick ass game no matter what they do. Also, for all of you who want more focus on gameplay and are less worried about the roster, I can appreciate that. Maybe you just use a couple of guys and do mostly online competition. But it would be nice for those of us who prefer a more accurate simulation and career mode to get something we can enjoy just as much too.

A lot of guys missing at WW, and the next title challengers at FLW and BW are missing as well. EA will probably nickel and dime us for them in the form of overpriced DLC.

There's top ten guys missing. I mean seriously, WW has Koscheck, Kraus, and fucking Bruce Lee but no Matt Brown, Hector Lombard, or DHK.

Back