What Do You Think About During Lifting?

I think about the same stuff while working out that I do any other time of the day... usually about chicks I wanna bang or w/e

I chat on msn/aim a lot in between sets, too..

i tend to think about weird shit. today i thought about turning into a robot.

All sorts of different shit. Sometimes I'm on autopilot. Sometimes I'm thinking about form. Sometimes I'm thinking about shit at work. Sometimes I'm thinking about what I have going on over the weekend.

just one more.........just one more

Actually, there have been some good replies in this thread!

I think about taking a deep breath, holding it.. and then just pushing as much as possible.

I sometimes try to visualize a threatening situation, so I get a little adrenaline going. Also, my form.

Sometimes I think about logic or math problems, or other thought experiments.

A friend of mine always imagines a Ferrari revving up to red line before a heavy set.

Something that makes me mad. One of the nice side-effects of weight training is de-stressing by focussing all my bad intentions on the Barbell...:mad::icon_chee

I imagine myself as a rocket ship.
Sometimes I'll even mutter "3...2...1...bwaaaaa" as I squat.

I don't think about anything. The weight of the bar is the only thing that matters when I'm lifting. Now when I'm resting, then I think about the next set, other random things, etc.

I imagine myself as a rocket ship.
Sometimes I'll even mutter "3...2...1...bwaaaaa" as I squat.

Wouldn't want to think about that when the weight's too heavy though... then you might represent a rocket ship more than you want to.

Between sets I think about upcomming sets or helping another guy out with a good spot, but when I actually move the weight I really don't think.

i just think about how bad i want something and how these idiots in my gym are training and doing stupid shit. it makes me want to kill them. i know im agressive

Back