1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

What do you think about being on a winning streak and calling for a rematch?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Moral Victory, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Moral Victory Black Belt

Like with Anthony Smith, he wants to rematch Rakic, but if he loses he sort of risks invalidating all of his wins as "oh I guess he didn't improve after all" yenno? Weakening his claim to a title shot by a good amount.

2. CTYankee Brown Belt

I think if the guy is ahead of you in the rankings, why not?

3. SKYNET Infrared Belt Platinum Member

maybe Anthony is starting to think it aint worth all the sacrifice to essentially be a gatekeeper at this point in his career, plus Rakic is the way to go if you want to jump into the picture without running into the meat grinder named Jiri

4. Shay Brennan Orange Belt

As long as it's a good matchup I'm up for it.
    This one makes all the sense as Jiri will get the next shot, so Rakic should take a fight in the meanwhile to solidify his spot as his last fight wasn't convincing at all.

5. Sweater of AV Gold Belt

Not sure what the problem is...he's asking to fight someone he lost against. Seems like a natural thing to ask for.

6. Oceanmachine Tidwell belt Banned

Eliminate weight cutting. Have Pride rules!
    I would do it.

Some fans dont want to admit it but

Being undefeated is the best case for a GOAT

If you do lose, losing a decision or by Doctor stoppage is preferable to being submitted or KO/Tko

And if you are finished or do lose a decision Avenging your losses is necessary to always silence critics and the man who beat you.

Like Imagine Luke Rockholds predicament (lol) he is a superior fighter to Bisping everywhere except Chin, and would win that fight 7/10x or 8/10x. BUT Bisping did KTFO him, took his belt then defended it then retired. Luke never got his rubber match and will never hold a belt again and never defended. That must bother him

It is why fighters do it they know it matters. Remember Chuck fighting Jeremy Horn? Bisping with Hendo? Etc it goes on. I bet Ngannou will want to avenge his Black beast loss abd wishes he could avenge the Can who beat him in one of his first fights by decision