What do you take to prevent/cure hangovers?

Yeah, no doubt HC. If I'm at someone's house and all they have is bud and they offer it to me. I will drink it, no reason to be a dick about their shitty beer.

If I get invited to their house again, I will bring them a decent starter craft beer they might like (they usually do).

No need to be a dick, but I see it often enough. Pretentious craft beer fans are the worst. My brother is the only person I've managed to see do it in reverse. He drinks Bud Light like it's going out of style and managed to call my beer shitty. I couldn't find it in myself to respond.

Age has a lot to do with it.
I've no idea how old you are but i'm guessing you're not 30 yet.
There does come a point when if you're a heavy drinker, your body will start breaking down.

Chris Leben has some stories I've heard that back this up.

Force yourself to vomit before you sleep.

To prevent completely, don't drink.

To prevent somewhat, eat before. Some people also benefit from drinking water, but I've always found it just disturbs my stomach.

To cure, time. Really no way around this one.

Force yourself to vomit before you sleep.

no such thing as a hangover cure imo. i have quite a lot of experience of hangovers and the only way i can get rid of them is time and sleep, with a bit of self loathing and regret on the side.

A xanax bar always does the trick. Its without doubt the best hangover cure

How do I prevent hangover? I don't drink.

fatty boombaty blunt

Best hangover cure is exercise. Seriously. Whatever your regular exercise regimen is, do it at 70%. Even if it's just a walk. Do something active. I guarantee you will feel much better after, even if you don't want to do it before. I absolutely promise 100% that it works. But drink some water while you do it.

"I'll tell you the secret to avoid hangovers -- don't stop drinking." -Col. Tigh

A am a bit drunk but a cousin of mine is in a scotch club. He said they had an expert speak on that subject. Don't eat sugar or carbs while drinking. You want to eat protein, vegetables and drink plenty of water. Carbs absorb the alcohol and your body takes longer to process it. For example eating crackers or bread type things will make you less drunk but will certainly add to a hangover. Basically when hou have a lot of carbs while you drink your body makes a slow releasing sugar alcohol carb soup and it takes a while to break down hence the hangover.

Best hangover cure is exercise. Seriously. Whatever your regular exercise regimen is, do it at 70%. Even if it's just a walk. Do something active. I guarantee you will feel much better after, even if you don't want to do it before. I absolutely promise 100% that it works. But drink some water while you do it.

This is not the case for me. If my hangover is 6 or over on a scale of 10 with 10 being the worst, its near impossible to get off the sofa or bed let alone exercise. Plus if I somehow did exercise id only end up puking my ring up, it happened to me in the gym where I wrecked a threadmill by puking all over it

best cure for hangovers? Opiates by far.

Apple-Cider Vinegar works well too :)

This is not the case for me. If my hangover is 6 or over on a scale of 10 with 10 being the worst, its near impossible to get off the sofa or bed let alone exercise. Plus if I somehow did exercise id only end up puking my ring up, it happened to me in the gym where I wrecked a threadmill by puking all over it

Well that's the thing, you bastard, you just have to do it. It sucks at first, it really sucks, but you will feel way better afterwards. So don't go to a gym, just go outside. Yes, outside. Outside. If you need to puke, then fucking puke, then keep running. Puke in a lawn, puke in a park. Who cares? Just run. Who uses a threadmill? Sissies, I assume. I don't know anyone who uses one. Just go outside. It's fucking great. It could literally be anywhere. Anywhere outdoors is fun. A treadmill is fuckin shite.

I didn't want to be the one to ask but has anybody tried using an enema to cure their hangover?

I haven't had a hangover in years. I don't get the shakes anymore either.

Now what i get is all mental. spaced out, anxious, and depressed.
Takes a full day to recover.

The internet helps though as I'm constantly reading so my mind is kept busy. or of course a couple more beers.

Age has a lot to do with it.
I've no idea how old you are but i'm guessing you're not 30 yet.
There does come a point when if you're a heavy drinker, your body will start breaking down.

I'm certainly not a particularly heavy drinker, but I just turned 29 and I hold my booze a lot better and get less hungover than I did 10 years ago. And it's not because I drink less, when I go out I definitely drink more than I used to. Most of my friends (and posters in this thread) say the opposite though, which is weird.

I haven't had a hangover in years. I don't get the shakes anymore either.

Now what i get is all mental. spaced out, anxious, and depressed.
Takes a full day to recover.

The internet helps though as I'm constantly reading so my mind is kept busy. or of course a couple more beers.

That kind of withdrawal is the stage up from a standard hangover where you just feel a bit sick and have a bit of a headache.
Would be a bit more concerning if you had the shakes with it too and a racing heart tho.

Back