What do you take to prevent/cure hangovers?

I'll generally drink some water before I go to sleep, having some while drinking helps too. If I stay somewhat hydrated then normally the hangovers aren't too terrible.

Man, people are saying excess is like 6 or 7 drinks. That barely gets me tipsy nowadays, maybe I have a problem.

Get a 10 sack of pot from that weird guy down the street you don't really know but are pretty sure sells drugs and you'll be happily surprised at how quickly your hangover goes away. Also, water and breakfast.

Man, people are saying excess is like 6 or 7 drinks. That barely gets me tipsy nowadays, maybe I have a problem.

I'm the opposite. In high school and college i could go hard for a while before getting drunk. Now I'm pretty buzzed after 3 drinks. It's way better this way.

A few weeks ago i was feeling it after one stiff Jack and coke.

The purple vitamin waters with all the b vitamins and something greasy before I go drinking

Get a 10 sack of pot from that weird guy down the street you don't really know but are pretty sure sells drugs and you'll be happily surprised at how quickly your hangover goes away. Also, water and breakfast.

It takes the nausea away, calms the nerves, lessens the headache.

if we're talking skull-cracking, wish you were dead instead type hangovers, there's no fucking cure. you can drink all the gatorade and pickle juice and eat all the greasy food you want. the only thing that makes that go away is time and sleep. hopefully you've allowed yourself time to stay in bed, and in that case, a fat rip and two advil go a long way in alleviating the pain.

if we're talking skull-cracking, wish you were dead instead type hangovers, there's no fucking cure. you can drink all the gatorade and pickle juice and eat all the greasy food you want. the only thing that makes that go away is time and sleep. hopefully you've allowed yourself time to stay in bed, and in that case, a fat rip and two advil go a long way in alleviating the pain.

The only thing that actually makes it go away (nothing else does) is to drink more alcohol.

But you've got to stop at some point, unless you have the ability to taper down.

Drink a Gatorade when you get up and have a small breakfast of like wholegrain toast and a banana. You lose electrolytes and potassium when you are dehydrated. And wholegrain is good for absorbing acids. They are pretty simple things to have around. And then maybe a few aspirin again. Unless you haven't drank in a real long time, you should be pretty good to go. If I could remember i used to try to drink some water and take a few aspirin before passing out the night before too.

Well if we can go that route there is nothing that knocks out a hangover quicker than a Vicodin. But opiate dependency is one of the most evil fucking forces on the planet so unless you are someone that rarely drinks and wouldn't resort to using a pain killer except in that kind of emergency when you are terribly hungover i wouldn't advise it.

As far as natural, I agree there is no cure but there are things that help a lot. It isn't like old wives tales or anything but based on actual science. You might not be bouncing off the walls but you also don't feel like you can barely move with a pounding headache either. Getting hydrated again is pretty big.

Drink a gallon of salt water. Do it in an hour or 2. That shit isn't pleasant but it works.

You could also drink a few beers.

Maybe, maybe not, maybe fuck yourself.

(Sorry i recently watched "the departed" and couldn't resist the joke)

Since I started drinking craft beers, my tolerance has gone way up. I was at a buddies house a while back and all he had were dos Equis. I had about 10 of those and I still couldn't achieve buzz status.

I can drink two or three high ABV brews and get a nice buzz, but lower alcohol beers do nothing to me now.

I can't drink shitty beer now either. Beer is such a vast landscape and life is too short to be drinking Bud Light. However, as an admitted beer snob I cannot stand beer snobs that will blatantly talk shit to other people just because they're drinking piss water.

Age has a lot to do with it.
I've no idea how old you are but i'm guessing you're not 30 yet.
There does come a point when if you're a heavy drinker, your body will start breaking down.

Back