What do you rely on for home and self-defense?

Frankly...this is wrong, in my opinion. First off, the accurate translation of the "killing commandment" in the Bible is "You shall not commit murder" (as opposed to kill), and there are NUMEROUS passages in the Bible describing violence for a righteous cause or in self defense. Heck, Jesus even told his own disciples to carry swords!

Second, since you're in confession, I'm assuming you're either Catholic or Orthodox. I know in the Orthodox church we believe ALL sins can be forgiven. I'm assuming Catholics are the same way.

Read:
http://www.christianity.com/faith/1348211.aspx

You don't need to feel bad about anything you've done or may have to do.

well the bible can be interpreted in different ways.. but your basically saying the same thing that the priest said.. its not murder its self defense... and yes im catholic.. i dont feel bad about what i did.. i did it because people where shooting at me and i returned fire.. i'll do it again if placed in the same position.. where my life or the life of my loved ones are being threatened.. and i wont regret it..

My take on warning shots:

If you are in a situation that requires not only the brandishing of a firearm, but the firing as well, you had better shoot to kill lest you waste valuable seconds.

If you are in a situation that requires not only the brandishing of a firearm, but the firing as well, you had better shoot to kill lest you waste valuable seconds.

Exactly.

Here in england we aint allowed Guns....unless your a farmer :(

My dad used to do Karate and has a set of Nunchuks in his car.

And when some Chav bastards tried to break into our garage, my step dad drove after them and was going to throw a claw hammer through their windshield...but they turned to shraply so he couldn't.

As for me, well, I don't really have anything, but We have a set of golf clubs in the hall way...so I suppose one of those would do....or a carving knife from the kitchen

I would have no hesitation in using either

no call for firearms in my neck of the woods, i have baseball bat style crook lock in the car, which i wouln't block with my forearms!

mnnb.jpg

... take a look at my 'fridge ... :icon_twis

There's an old adage that goes something like, "Don't draw your gun unless you have a target to point it at; don't point your gun at anything unless you plan on shooting it; if you're going to shoot something, shoot to kill." I butchered that but, if it comes to the point where I believe I need to draw my pistol, my life is on the line and I'm looking to stick around for a while.

I would have to agree. If the situation is that serious that a firearm is needed then shoot to kill. I DONT agree with advertiseing to the world that you have a firearm or threatening deadly force.

I would have to agree. If the situation is that serious that a firearm is needed then shoot to kill. I DONT agree with advertiseing to the world that you have a firearm or threatening deadly force.

agreed also

There is no need to pull a lethal weapon if there isn't a need for lethal force.

Guns scare the shit out of me. Luckily i live in a country where any idiot cant go out and buy one. Most of the guns that are on the street are stolen from people who bought them lagally. I dont think anybody should have the right to own a gun.

On the other hand, i have a 9 iron by my bed, and if anyone broke into my house, i would break their fucking legs.

I think if i lived in a country where i had to realistically consider the possibility that the person breaking in would have a gun, i might have to think about getting one of my own.

But thats a vicsious circle isnt it. More guns to protect us from all the guns.

On the other hand, i have a 9 iron by my bed, and if anyone broke into my house, i would break their fucking legs.

I think if i lived in a country where i had to realistically consider the possibility that the person breaking in would have a gun, i might have to think about getting one of my own.

And, based on the track record of your legal system, you'd probably be prosecuted for assaulting said robber.

Wake up, you DO live in a country where armed home invasion is a reality.

Meat

P.S. I'd personally go with a 5 or 7 iron; a little more club, and longer shaft.:icon_chee

And, based on the track record of your legal system, you'd probably be prosecuted for assaulting said robber.

Wake up, you DO live in a country where armed home invasion is a reality.

Meat

P.S. I'd personally go with a 5 or 7 iron; a little more club, and longer shaft.:icon_chee

Nah, i like it cuz its so light, you can choke up on it and swing it really quick, and as long as you're accurate, thats gonna make a horrible dent in someone.

Plus, theres just something stylish about a golf club, over, say a baseball bat.

Incidentally, a cricket bat makes a much better weapon than a baseball bet, because it is edged.

Getting hit with a cricket bat would be brutal. Although, with a baseball bat you have all that mass at the end. I'll stick with a .45, I think.

I have a knife collection, which could be used for protection I guess, but I live in a students dorm, so the risk of breaking and entering is pretty small (even though you got to keep your door locked when there's a party here, they stole my beer once those bastards, GRRRR..).

The streets are safe here too having, I think, a great deal to do with the fact that there are mostly students living in this town. People are busy partying.

It's a great place to be.

Back