What do you rely on for home and self-defense?

Infernal Ire

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Let's be honest, anyone that thinks they are going to be able to arm bar their way through the entire world is being a little na

lol?

i have 2 dogs if that counts, no need for a gun in australia..

I woulkd rather let someone steal my TV than have to kill someone

Oeshon said:
lol?

i have 2 dogs if that counts, no need for a gun in australia..

My girlfriend is allergic, otherwise I would have two as well. Instead I have attack cats. 10lbs and 7lbs of meowing/purring fury.

YeahBee said:

Who said anything about TV's? If someone where in my house I would tell them to take whatever they had in their possession and get out of my home. People that reject this proposal are another matter.

YeahBee said:

What if it isn't the TV they want?

I have big KA-Bar knife at home, but that's it. (mine is a big scuffed, but not rusty like this one)
kabar.jpg

The only self defesne I have when I am not at home is an extra long Maglite wedged under the seat of my car. Weapons, even knifes under 3 inches, are illegal on campus and the cops have been known to search people for the stupidest of reasons. The risk walking on campus or in a shopping mall is very low here, and closer to home the risk from wild animals is greater than from people. I'm not too worried.

I'm not really too fussed , when gypsy's tried to rob my house and the neighbours , I just grabbed every knife in the house... 2 big fuck off kitchen knives and aload of little sharp knives in my socks and in my back pocket .

I'm not worried enough to actually get something for protecting myself but when the time comes i just arm myself with whatever and go fuckin crazy .

I pack a 32 inch aluminum baseball bat. I don' tknow the brand name....I've had it since I was a kid. It's all scuffed up. I'd like to get a decent firearm though.

plasterdog said:
I'm not worried enough to actually get something for protecting myself but when the time comes i just arm myself with whatever and go fuckin crazy .

This is exactly what I don't want to happen. I don't want any crazy, any freak outs, just an appropriate measured response to whatever threat is before me. I don't like the idea of pouring more gas onto a fire.

I don't worry about things either because I know that I'll likely never have an encounter (cross fingers, knock wood, etc...) However, though I've never had a flat tire I'm sure glad I know how to change one and have a spare. Know what I mean?

L.I.N.E said:
I pack a 32 inch aluminum baseball bat.

One of the cheapest home defense tools that there is. Not a bad tool either. Plus it is dual purpose if you like baseball. I'm huge fan of having things serve more than one purpose. Shooting and hunting are some of my hobbies so the guns serve more than one purpose and maintaining the grounds on some of my properties is also where the kukri comes in.

Infernal Ire said:
My girlfriend is allergic, otherwise I would have two as well. Instead I have attack cats. 10lbs and 7lbs of meowing/purring fury.

lol thats funny. im in dubai right now, and live in a hotel so i dont have to worry about that. when im home in NY i got a s&w swat knife, a baseball bat, and a bunch of kitchen knives. id love to buy a sig 226. but its hard to get guns (legally) in NY

I have a rusty old bayonet. I think its supposed to go to an M1. My dad got it from who knows where. Other than that, I have a bat, knives in the kitchen, and my fists. I don't worry too much about people breaking into my home. My parents are though.

I carry my H&K USP 9mm in my truck and @ the house. If I missed an opportunity to legally end some fools life I would never forgive myself. How someone can feel safe in the modern world without a gun in the house is beyond me.

Exocet said:
I carry my H&K USP 9mm in my truck and @ the house. If I missed an opportunity to legally end some fools life I would never forgive myself. How someone can feel safe in the modern world without a gun in the house is beyond me.

true. if i didnt live in new york, id have four or five guns. good choice on the usp, love that gun

Infernal Ire said:
Let's be honest, anyone that thinks they are going to be able to arm bar their way through the entire world is being a little na

1113445.jpg

More of a concealed carry gun. After I get settled, I wouldn't mind to get a shotgun. I probably don't need one and I don't exactly like having guns in the house around children, but it would probably make me feel a little safer.

Shit, I do not envy the level of home-security you guys have to live by.
Guns, and knifes in particular makes me sick. Im so glad I dont have
to get one. Actually, for a typical burgular here, MMA skills will get you a long way.
Heck, I usually dont even lock the door..

Nodecaf said:
Shit, I do not envy the level of home-security you guys have to live by.
Guns, and knifes in particular makes me sick. Im so glad I dont have
to get one. Actually, for a typical burgular here, MMA skills will get you a long way.
Heck, I usually dont even lock the door..

where do you live?

Exocet said:
So it wouldnt matter where one live?

Back