What do you hate to get caught in?

no gi

i hate getting caught in it to bc to me, its not rly a submission and i only feel that way bc i was RNCing ppl b4 i even knew what bjj was(just how i feel). in fact, ill be kinda upset if i win my first mma fight coming up soon if i win by RNC, stupid i know

that being said, i pull them off often and easily.

Leglocks suck the worst tho

Man, how can you say this :) ? Look at all the great grapplers that got finished with the RNC. It's surely one of the most legit submissions existent!

I hate getting caught in all subs, except maybe getting triangled by a fit bird - if you're gonna go, go with a smile.

Arm Triangles. Its really the only thing I keep getting caught in. I need to really drill escapes on arm triangles.

Gi chokes. My gi should be helping the other guy out. Traitor=(

Because I was f*kin gassed, I had this dude in guard and he choked me out in my own damn guard. I thought my guard was supposed to protect me...guess my guard is crap..

2 of the main instructors in London, 1 will triangle and the other does a guard pass submission which crushes your windpipe to about 4mm thick.

Ive been training with there for nearly 4 years. I hate being caught in either of those submissions as Ive been trying to defend them for 4 years and getting caught that 1 more time then highlights the fact that I have not nailed the defence to either.

Someone who can finish the darce on top or bottom is a nightmare scenario where I will go in and out of being blood choked sixty times before I tap or get out.

definately an arm triangle that they don't have locked in completely....couldn't turn my neck sideways for a few days after that :\

calf and bicep slicers. Fuckers don't even hurt until your arm/leg is already close to being destroyed. Also facelocking RNCs. I had to tap to one in a tourney once to avoid having me jaw broken, most embarrasing, annoying tap of my life.

Gogos hurt like a mofo. The only thing worse that getting choked out is getting choked out with someone's shin bone!

armbars but I rarely do because after a while you can identify them before they get locked and just use momentum to get to a more escapable position.

RNC. If I tap to that, I feel like a loser.

Also, guillotine is annoying because usually the guy doesn't have it in tight and just holds on to it. Never been tapped to it before either.

Obviously your partners don't know the Marcelo Guillotine lol.

You shouldn't feel bad about the RNC. It takes work to get someone's back and do the RNC. It's not the easiest choke to get.

dental work cause of somone has a rnc on ur chin naw ur dumb get tougher buddy.

Id say the bow and arrow gi choke I always see it coming then it still happens lol.

He's not dumb you can dislocate your jaw and break teeth from a RNC on the jawline. Shit can be pretty dangerous if someone has strong squeezes for their chokes. I know a few people that have broken teeth and/or broken/dislocated jaws from RNCs not on the neck.

well i cant help but choke him out if i have the opportunity, i would just rather win in a more stunning way

Man, it's the most dominant sub from the most dominant position. How can it be any less stunning?

I hate getting caught with the Darce/Brabo, because so much of my offense is based around it, and I know it inside and out, I rarely get choked with it. So when I do, I'm like, "damn man..." This happened to me A LOT against Ryan Hall and Tim Koren. Even though they were mostly finished from the mount, especially by Ryan, it's a wrap from that position, but it was still pretty crazy being caught in the choke so many times.

Not sure to be honest. It'd have to be a toss up with ezekial choke and that bicep slicing move. (that one sucks) Or perhaps guillotine chokes.

chockes its so uncomfortable and you cant breath. lol i guess thats the point of them though

I hate getting caught in arm traingles, absolutely hate it. Most other subs dont bother me as much but that one just pisses me off, mainly cause I let myself get choked with my own arm.

The "Ninja" choke.

One of the higher belts I roll with does this exact choke to me everytime we roll. The rolls always go the same way. I pull guard, and sweep. He sweeps back. I spend the next 2-4 minutes constantly reguarding/relooping as this relentless motherfucker smashes through my guard. Eventually, I can't stop him. He gets side control and ninja choke.

Gotta be Armbars for me. I'm really lanky and when I get tired sometimes I leave my arms in places they shouldn't be.

Back