What do you hate to get caught in?

Kimura from north south. I find that people don't slow down when they brake your grip and go for the finish. This usually leads to me screaming tap and them being surprised that kimuras can actually injure someone's shoulder.

RNC's on my jawbone. I hate tapping just because I don't want to risk dental work.

Reverse triangles, they're so g-d annoying. The guys who try to put me in them never, ever finish the submission, but it's hard as hell to escape from, so they just hold me there and waste my training time.

electric chair. . . its more of a sweep yes but i got caught once and was subbed my groin and hamstring hurt for weeks.

Kimura from north south. I find that people don't slow down when they brake your grip and go for the finish. This usually leads to me screaming tap and them being surprised that kimuras can actually injure someone's shoulder.

I second this notion, especially when the guy is noticeably stronger then you are, but i find it hard on the elbows rather then thee shoulder.

Guillotines. Even if you defend properly and DON'T tap, if the guy is strong, your neck is sore for a week.

RNC. If I tap to that, I feel like a loser.

Also, guillotine is annoying because usually the guy doesn't have it in tight and just holds on to it. Never been tapped to it before either.

RNC. If I tap to that, I feel like a loser.

Why? It's an extremely effective and commonly used submission.

Do you only train in gi? RNC is kind of rare in gi, but in no-gi and MMA it's probably the most common submission after armbars--despite the fact that it can only be applied from one position.

Peruvians because they are just miserable to be in and guillotines because I can get a bit claustrophobic.

Omoplatas where they don't let you out. My current instructor is an omoplata machine and he just follows you and breaks you down until he gets the sub (which nobody else ever has gotten me with). There is no escape.

Guillotine....

Most guys try to crank it like there life depends on it even if they dont have it properly sunk and u get out of it.

Necks jacked for a couple days.

Same here. People usually have to use alot of power and try to explode in trying to break your grip, so whether they try to slow down or not, its hard for them to. Sometimes I just tap before they even break my grip because I know if my grip slips, its gonna hurt.

I've had a bigger training partner jerk so hard, my body was coming off the mat.

Back