What Do You Guys Think Of Weidman v Belfort

Absolutely not. Let Weidman have the next title shot and that way, if he wins (BIG if), we can have Weidman/Belfort as a title match, instead of an eliminator bout. Or it might be a Weidman/Lombard title match, cuz I gotta believe the UFC's gonna put Belfort/Lombard together for later this year.

I hate it when a fighter is forced to clear out a division before getting a shot at the title cuz when he wins that just means we get a bunch of rematches instead of something fresh.

I think it'd be a pretty easy fight for Weidman, but Belfort deserves it if he wants it. Though, right now I have no idea who Anderson fights next.

Absolutely not. Let Weidman have the next title shot and that way, if he wins (BIG if), we can have Weidman/Belfort as a title match, instead of an eliminator bout. Or it might be a Weidman/Lombard title match, cuz I gotta believe the UFC's gonna put Belfort/Lombard together for later this year.

I hate it when a fighter is forced to clear out a division before getting a shot at the title cuz when he wins that just means we get a bunch of rematches instead of something fresh.

Yeah what does Weidman have to do. He has already cleaned out MW.

Munoz, Maia(WW)

Rockhold, Vitor, Bisping, Lombard, Tim, Jacare, Okami, Belcher, Costa.

I'd rather see Weidman fight some new blood. And there is no reason to put Belfort in position for yet another title shot.

Firstly, Weidman would embarrass Vitor to the point of ruining his legacy. Secondly, Vitor is nowhere near a title shot and doesn't want one anyway. Thirdly, Sonnen would wreck both of them simultaneously.

Fight for the title shot. One last chance for Vitor or Weidman is the new breed. :icon_chee

I'd rather see Greek-Phil v Belfort with Weidman getting a shot.

But since Weidman has been on injury, I don't need the Ando-haters crying about that he "would have done better if not for the injury".... and so I say, sure... whatever... just as long as its 1-and-title for Weidman.

Like I said before when Weidman ducked Belfort.

Belfort via TKO.

Meh. Weidman would probably dump him on his head. Impressive win for Vitor (I expected a Bisping decision win) but I think Weidman is just too much for Vitor.

That being said, I really don't know any better options. It kinda sucks that this leaves Anderson with absolutely no legitimate options for fights right now.

Like I said before when Weidman ducked Belfort.

Belfort via TKO.

Honestly it makes more sense than anything else at this point. Vitor calls him out CW declines whether the UFC and his staff advised him or not, now it's time to get it on some time in August or early September.

Hopefully GSP will be up for a superfight after the Diaz fight as AS is gonna be benched for a while now.

Yeah what does Weidman have to do. He has already cleaned out MW.

Munoz, Maia(WW)

Rockhold, Vitor, Bisping, Lombard, Tim, Jacare, Okami, Belcher, Costa.

I never said Weidman cleared out MW. He hasn't. But I find that the UFC has a tendency to wait too long on some prospects, causing them to fight and beat the vast majority of their div before they even get a crack at the title and when they win we're stuck with rematches instead of something fresh. Weidman has schooled every single fighter that's been put in his path (yes, including Maia on very short notice) and, with Boetsch losing his last fight, is the most worthy contender that hasn't already faced Anderson, IMO.

Nothing bad will come from putting some new blood in there with Silva, even if some people think it's early. If nothing else, it'll shake things up a bit and if he wins that opens up great championship oppurtunities for otherwise fantastic fighters that can't seem to beat the Spider... Actually, I guess that means the entire MW division.

Regardless, I stick to my original point that Belfort should not fight Weidman next, he should fight Lombard and the winner of that one gets the winner of Weidman/Silva.

That's the way I see it too. Let there be some fresh meat left if he wins the title. I'm not against another fight though before a title shot that being said.

I'm not against another fight though before a title shot that being said.

IMO, fuck that shit! If Weidman wants the fight let him have it. He's got the skills, youth, and momentum on his side to at least make this fight interesting. If Bisping would have won last night, I'd say he needs to fight Belfort or Rockhold in order to merit #1 contender status, but as of right now there's no one out there that Anderson hasn't already beaten that deserves this match more than Weidman.

However, I can understand why some other people would like to see him have one more fight. I don't agree with it (at all), but I understand.

IMO, fuck that shit! If Weidman wants the fight let him have it. He's got the skills, youth, and momentum on his side to at least make this fight interesting. If Bisping would have won last night, I'd say he needs to fight Belfort or Rockhold in order to merit #1 contender status, but as of right now there's no one out there that Anderson hasn't already beaten that deserves this match more than Weidman.

However, I can understand why some other people would like to see him have one more fight. I don't agree with it (at all), but I understand.

I don't think he needs another fight but if ANderson isn't going to fight for a while no need to get rusty sitting on the shelf. I think guys need to keep fighting to stay sharp and it would only benefit Wiedmann to stay busy. If he is championship material it shouldn't matter anyways right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back