What do you guys think of "THE YOKE"?

92_12_sb.JPG

96_12_b.JPG

I'd be afraid of the bar falling off those little claw things. It seems like an interesting idea.

At $150 you could probably just take the pic to a welder and have one made.

Barut said:
I'd be afraid of the bar falling off those little claw things. It seems like an interesting idea.

At $150 you could probably just take the pic to a welder and have one made.

exactly what i was thinking....

Don't get it. Is it supposed to replace front squats or Zerchers or something like that?

why not just do front squats? its not like you need something yo hold the bar for you.

That looks more like a harness.

I always thought a Yoke was more like this.

02-cf-yoke.jpg

I was wondering about the claws too, why are they so small? If you have a welder make one, make sure he makes the claws a bit bigger.

It looks interesting. For the guy who said "why not just do front squats", what do you think the guy in the pic is doing? The higher you go in weights the harder it is going to be on your wrists. I am guessing the idea of this contraption is to take pressure off of your wrists and elbows. I think it is kind of cool and would love to give it a try. Thanks for the pic, I am going to try and find one or possibly have one made for me. I do front squats all the time and they do bother both my wrists and elbows. Most of the guys who blame that on poor flexability are only suing 115 on the lift so they would have no idea.

I don't have a camber at the gym where I work, but I love them for GM's. It's the only way I can do them and not get a bruise.

Sonny said:
That looks more like a harness.

I always thought a Yoke was more like this.

02-cf-yoke.jpg
"Fuck the transit strike, I'm walking, and I'm taking both my cars engines w/the stands!"

Nice attempt at trolling. trying to get your numbers up with those lame ass posts are you?

Speaking of front squats, I just started doing them and notice that I have a hard time with my wrist flexibility, thus I have a hard time getting the bar into a good position. Is there a trick to it (like hand position on the bar), or do I just need to work on flexibility?

rickdog said:
Nice attempt at trolling. trying to get your numbers up with those lame ass posts are you?
The only yoke i would use comes with a shell on the outside of it.

Yes Rickdog since i've been missing some JKD classes lately (i missed the christmas lights/ornaments as weapons trainiing seminar with Sifu Guido) due to my marijauana consumption and have no transportation due to the transit strike i figure 'man could it be possible to up my post count on sherdog even more...

HAHAHAHA Pariah, that post was not aimed at you man. It was aimed at the guy above me who found it usefull to post "nevermind". I was not refering to you as a troll. relax man.

Ok Rickdog. I just assumed it was aimed at me cause you know when it snows all the kids in the neighborhood they throw their snowballs at me....

Back