What do you guys know about Nova Uniao

3s_em1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Like the title says. My latest instructor is a Nova Uniao (I think that is what he said) Brown belt. He briefly talked about their history but i would like to know more. I tried searching and did not find much.

Anyone care of help?

Robson Maura is (accordign to Novia Uniao,) Nova's most technical black belt.

I train under Nova Black belt Eduardo Barros.

I've met Robson for a really detailed and really awesome seminar...for $70...it was great...And dudu is a great teacher, and has won a bunch of tournaments.

Wanderlai Silva's first BJJ instructor was a Nova Black belt.

It was founded by Andre Pederneiras. My instructor's instructor.

From their website:

A brief History with Nova Uniao's background
In 1914, Esai Maeda (Count Koma) arrived in Brazil. He was a World Champion in Jiu-Jitsu and would travel Japan as a professional wrestler and fight all challengers. Once in Brazil, Esai became friends with Gastao Gracie and as a show of friendship he taught Gastao's son, Carlos Gracie, the art of Jiu-Jitsu.

From that point Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu kept on developing and was spreading all over Brazil. It is a style based more on leverage than strength, so it appeals to people from all walks of life. It is the world

I'm surprised there weren't more posts on this.

Forgot to mention Andre Pederneiras, the founder, is a 5th degree black belt, he trained under Carlson Gracie Sr.

New Union.. alot of talent in that pool..

I used to go there when I was 10, and Shaolin was still a purple.. Dede (pederneiras) is the man.

Great School, founded by Andre Pedereneiras who holds a 5th degree Black Belt under Carlson Gracie Sr. The school I'm about to join is headed by Robson Moura, 7 time world BBJ Champion and 8 time Brazilian BBJ Champion... as well as many others

Back