What do you find most impressive about spence?

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
from what i can tell he is a good attacking fighter with excellent body punching, good distance management and a strong jab. personally i think his body attack is probably his best trait, but i find his defence and overall style a little too bread and butter for my liking. (he doesn't move his head particularly well, overly relies on his high guard and isn't very effective on the back foot) i think he has a great contrast of style to crawford that would make for a excellent match.

Body work, plus he puts his ass and his 0 on the line everytime to get the stoppage, eventhough he is not a one punch artist. Gotto love that. On another note though, that's what's gonna give him his first L , vs Crawford

His body work and his power. People are writing his power off because he couldn't put Mikey away. Child, please. Mikey is tough as nails. Errol Spence has that kind of power that just takes guys souls away, where you can see them go for "I'm going to win" mode to "I really just wanna survive" mode.

His body work and his power. People are writing his power off because he couldn't put Mikey away. Child, please. Mikey is tough as nails. Errol Spence has that kind of power that just takes guys souls away, where you can see them go for "I'm going to win" mode to "I really just wanna survive" mode.
when he gets his opponent on the ropes they are in deep shit. i would slightly favour crawford against spence but not if spence can pin him on the ropes, if that were to happen, spence would probably smash him.

i'm interested to see what he would look like if someone backs him up, not that i can really see anybody in his weight class doing that.

I love his pressure and his straight lefts are a thing of beauty.
I get people saying he appears to be a bit immobile when it comes to head movement, but I think it’s because he prefers more to rely on level changes and depth perception fakes for his defense, so we see less of his head movement.

I’d confidently pick Spence over Crawford.

He was taught how to fight on the inside. That's getting more and more rare. It'll serve him well all the way up to 60 (who knows; when the inevitable Canelo/Spence fight happens, it might really pay off).

He is relentless and his body work is incredible. Spence is a terrifying opponent.

He has lots of tools, and he stays cool headed. He sticks to his gameplan and doesn't get caught in the moment.

body work I always have a soft spot for fighters who go to the body instead of just head hunting

He seems to understand his opponent and adjusts to who they are. He showed different looks vs Garcia and Brook, for example.

He's good but let's consider his two best wins, Brook and Garcia, both undersized. I think Errol is a talent but I'd to see him beat someone his own size who can give him a decent fight before proclaiming him one of the greats.

He's good but let's consider his two best wins, Brook and Garcia, both undersized. I think Errol is a talent but I'd to see him beat someone his own size who can give him a decent fight before proclaiming him one of the greats.
Brook is undersized?

Not saying it means too much but Spence couldnt score for shit on a punch machine, Garcia and Quillin left him for dead.

Not saying it means too much but Spence couldnt score for shit on a punch machine, Garcia and Quillin left him for dead.

Who is the annoying prick who keeps stepping in front of the score display!

His conditioning & body work.
Vs Brook the fight was back and forth until the 6th. Afterwards Brooks started to fold to the pressure/bodywork and started getting mollywhopped.

Instead of one punch ko power he's got that consistent hammerlike clubbing power. Almost akin to Hagler.

For me it's Spence's overall ring presence that separates him from the other Welters, not just his relentless body attack. He has a potent combination of physicality, size, physical strength, control & pressure going for him.

he's got this great blend of slick boxing and workman-like approach to beating the fuck out of someone.

the body work, obviously, is superb. he's a difficult guy to fight in the first round, but an absolutely terrifying one after the 8th, when his body work piles up and he just keeps going.

i like how he puts so much torque into his shots, but still remains balanced and technical with it. guys who swing for the fences often start fucking up, he just puts everything into his combinations, but stays clean with them.

there's a lot to be impressed with when it comes to spence. i think he's easily the best 147er, and would put a beating on crawford.

Good fundamentals. He doesn't forget to put some punches to the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back