What do you drink while working out?

Better PWO than preWO.

Nooooooo! If anything, that should take place after his "workout plan" (if we're talking weights).

LOL... Can't spot reduce my friend. Eat right and train. As body comp improves, so will the fatty gut. That's not to say that ab/core work isn't important -- 'cause it is -- but not in terms of ripping up his midsection.

qft

I like watered-down green tea with some cayenne pepper and honey. The green tea gives a steady, mild supply of caffeine, the pepper is a good anti-inflamatory/blood thinner and keeps my mouth pastiness-free, and the honey makes it taste less like ass (and gives some energy).

All you morons stop saying Water is best during your workout when it's clearly inferior to carbs + protein.

All you morons stop saying Water is best during your workout when it's clearly inferior to carbs + protein.

Water is better PWO!

There, I said it! What are you gonna do?

I like watered-down green tea with some cayenne pepper and honey. The green tea gives a steady, mild supply of caffeine, the pepper is a good anti-inflamatory/blood thinner and keeps my mouth pastiness-free, and the honey makes it taste less like ass (and gives some energy).

Does this concoction work well?

3 scoops gatorade powder = 60 grams simple carbs, plenty of electrolytes

1 overflowing scoop of optimum 100% whey vanilla. used to use hydrolyzed whey, didnt notice any difference, so i went back to this.
30 g protein

1 tsp creatine mono - 5g

1 tsp BCAA powder - 5g

i start warming up about an hour after a decent sized meal, for about 20 minutes. ill sip this throughout the workout after im warmed up. no post workout shake, just this and a whole food meal about an hour after the workout, or however long it happens to take me to stretch, shower, stretch a little more, and get dressed (i train at home).

Does this concoction work well?

Seems like it to me--I usually have more energy than others in the gym, though I think part of that is my excitement/enthusiasm. I should also add that my workouts are usually about 2-3 hours long.

The cayenne pepper makes my mouth feel good when I swish the concoction around in my mouth because it kind of "cleans" it, burning through the mucus and spit build-up.

Try it sometime...I usually brew a couple cups of green tea (2 or 1 bag, depending on how much boost I need), pour them in to my liter bottle, fill the rest with water, add a spoonful of honey and a few shakes of cayenne pepper and shake it all up. It's good shit. I also like room temperature or warmer drinks, so if you need your drink to be really cold, it might not be all that pleasant unless you brew tea ahead of time and chill it.

Seems like it to me--I usually have more energy than others in the gym, though I think part of that is my excitement/enthusiasm. I should also add that my workouts are usually about 2-3 hours long.

The cayenne pepper makes my mouth feel good when I swish the concoction around in my mouth because it kind of "cleans" it, burning through the mucus and spit build-up.

Try it sometime...I usually brew a couple cups of green tea (2 or 1 bag, depending on how much boost I need), pour them in to my liter bottle, fill the rest with water, add a spoonful of honey and a few shakes of cayenne pepper and shake it all up. It's good shit. I also like room temperature or warmer drinks, so if you need your drink to be really cold, it might not be all that pleasant unless you brew tea ahead of time and chill it.

I'm making it, right now..., I'll try it next time I hit the track or go to bjj practice.

Lol, dude it looks like a bloody mary or something I might have to dilute it. I'll sip on it during rounds tomorrow.

So how was it? I drink mine in a coloured bottle so its strange colour isn't so noticeable.

So how was it? I drink mine in a coloured bottle so its strange colour isn't so noticeable.

I had to dilute it, but it wasn't bad, the honey helped. I did swish it a bit to get rid of that pasty feeling in my mouth, and I did feel a little bit more energy, which was probably because of the green tea.

creatine/bcaa/applejuice/water during wo

Back