What do you do when you have a terrible day of training?

I wish I could tell you but i never have bad days of training...usually just outclass every1 lol

I wish I could tell you but i never have bad days of training...usually just outclass every1 lol

yeah, your passing is sick!!

ObviousTroll.jpg

Somebody, I think it might have been in one of Stephan Kesting's e-mails, made a great point that many of the times you are having a "terrible" day of training, the guy you are training with might be having a "great" day.

It is very hard to accurately measure progress in jiu jitsu in days or even weeks. But like most things in the short term, most of us revert to the mean.

In other words, on a day-to-day basis, you're never as good as you think you are on your best day. And you're never as bad as you think you are on your worst day.

On a specific note, I don't think there is a better slump-buster in jiu jitsu than mastering a new sweep. Submissions are great and all. But there's nothing more jiu jitsu-affirming than discovering still yet another way to get from the bottom to the top.

I hate having a bad night. For myself I chalk it up being overconfident(in a bad way) and thinking I am going be able to sweep everyone, pass guard, submit, etc, etc..without using the proper technique.

I also have a bad night where i decide to play defense and wait..not always a good choice when you are rolling with someone that has great control and slowly gets the positions they are working for.

Just think about what you did right, and what you did wrong and move on. That's all you can do.

Learn from your mistakes.

Back