What do you do when you have a terrible day of training?

Just pretend that BJJ doesn't exist and go and grab some snacks and a movie.

think of fedor losing and then saying "ah it happens to all the greats"

think about the mistakes i made, write it down in my notebook, then go do something else and sleep it off. if it was easy, then it'd be no fun.

Just a few days ago I had one of my best days in a long time. Tonight at training though I rolled terribly. I gassed out badly and was all around sloppy. Is there anything specific you do after "one of those days"???

just say this to yourself, "at least i aint' got herpes"

edit: and if you do have herpes, damn, can't help you there, sorry

Just a few days ago I had one of my best days in a long time. Tonight at training though I rolled terribly. I gassed out badly and was all around sloppy. Is there anything specific you do after "one of those days"???

when you have those days, think about it for a second, take it all in and remember what it feels like.

then tell yourself you'll strive to never feel this way again (doesnt mean it WONT ever happen, but you're trying to that you feel that way almost never). remain focused on your goals and all will be alright.

I plot revenge against everyone who damaged my poor precious ego.

Then go home and make sure I get good sleep.

Think at least I still got a work out in and didn't sit on the couch eating ice cream all night.

It depends on:
(1) Was it just a rough day. Then I try to see what I did wrong and what improvements I could make. Also I try to pick up 1 thing even if my training not going "according to plan". That could be a better way to do something or a technique that fits into my game. This way I try to be positive about the training I just had.
(2) Slump - those tend to last longer as the body tries to incorporate new elements into the game, and can be very frustrating until it all starts to click. Again important to try to stay positive and get better at the new ares of BJJ being introduced so they become part of the core game and you come out of slump.

I tell my friends about my bad sessions.....then they laugh at me. I need some more caring friends.

I usually quit BJJ. I have quit like 30 times.

I usually unquit the next day.

Man, everyone has shitty days and good days. I try to reflect on what I need to work on regardless.

I never have a bad training day. Punching, kicking and horse stance drills. When we spar we put on head gear, punching gloves, feet guards and torso guarDs. Our karate school is hardcore but we protect our selves that's why no one has a bad training day

I never have a bad training day. Punching, kicking and horse stance drills. When we spar we put on head gear, punching gloves, feet guards and torso guarDs. Our karate school is hardcore but we protect our selves that's why no one has a bad training day

That makes no sense whatsoever. Everyone can have a bad day no matter what they do. I can have a bad salsa dancing day or I'll be walking into Mordor and Drysdale ditches me because he saw a tittie bar on the way there.

A bad training day usually inspires me to go back more focused. To make up for it, I guess.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Everyone can have a bad day no matter what they do. I can have a bad salsa dancing day or I'll be walking into Mordor and Drysdale ditches me because he saw a tittie bar on the way there.

Drysdale loves the ladies.

90% of the time I roll I am experimenting to improve my game with predetermined techniques. I only have a terrible day rolling the other 10% of the time.

Get really discouraged and think that I'm horrible. Train again the next day, do pretty decently, and love Jiu-Jitsu. Repeat

Bad day: Go home, make a drink, shower, eat some dinner, watch a game.
Good day: Go home, make a drink, shower, eat some dinner, watch a game.

What if your team brings you shame and you can't really watch the games due to lack of broadcasting in your area? That's my dilemma.

Back