What do you do when you have a terrible day of training?

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Just a few days ago I had one of my best days in a long time. Tonight at training though I rolled terribly. I gassed out badly and was all around sloppy. Is there anything specific you do after "one of those days"???

Reflect and dissect what went wrong. Make adjustments for next time.

Stay a little more at the shower when I go back home.

collect yourself and do it again tomorrow.

Understand that we all have good days and bad days, and that having a bad roll is all part of the growth process.

Honestly, I don't do anything different. It's probably been at least a year or so since I've ever really dwelt on how good or bad a day was a the gym. Training has been so much more enjoyable. I don't get down about bad days at the gym and on the flipside, I don't get too pumped about good days. I just try to learn something new each day or improve on something every day.

Just a few days ago I had one of my best days in a long time. Tonight at training though I rolled terribly. I gassed out badly and was all around sloppy. Is there anything specific you do after "one of those days"???

munch a lot of chips and watch tv all night after a long hot shower. I had that bad night last night when I rolled, the new guy didn't want to take it easy and spazzing all the time, then during stand up takedown he charged so hard and fast that I hit my head hard against the mat, darn, got a headache last night...:mad:

Get something to eat and either watch/read something funny or hang out with some buddies that make me laugh. Or sometimes I'll go skateboarding or go jogging. Both things that put bjj in perspective for me and make me remember that it doesn't really matter that much.

Blame over-training and eat a half gallon of ice cream?

welp, at least I trained. Discipline to show and give effort is a victory.

unleash the anger on the girlfriends box if you know what i mean

Bubble bath, scented candles and smooth jazz

Smoke a bowl and tell myself "Everyone has shitty days of training, it's normal, it's the process of learning.".

come up with an excuse and forget that it happened

this is where the beer comes in....depressing music, long night of trying to sleep but constantly think about getting whooped on. It's kinda similar to heartache for me.

I was terrible tonight also. Eh, it happens. Try to learn from my mistakes.

Never give up, never surrender.

Get more sleep; I roll bad when I'm tired and/or sleepy so being well-rested helps a lot

Back