What do we think about Patrick Cummins?

I personally don't like him. He violated the sanctity of the gym. I cannot support him.

I agree. He seriously disrespected a world class athlete, and paid for it, I will gladly cheer against him throughout his UFC career.

My thoughts on Cummins- that if it wasn't for the Cormier fiasco he'd be welcomed with open arms as a prospect into a light heavyweight division that is lacking depth. Limited fight experience due to trouble finding opponents to take him, but an amazing athlete with near Olympic level wrestling

Cummins would walk right through that topic

hes had to make history going from a co-mainevent to the first fight on the undercard in a matter of months lol

Some of you really dont get it. And it wasnt even him, his agent or manager or something threw everything at the UFC that would make him interesting for Dana. And this crying in the gym thing was just something to get his foot in the door but of course Dana loves this kind of things (so blame the UFC if you guys need to blame anyone) and they needed just something like this to work with in the short time they had to hype it up. Pat even said hes not that kind of guy to trash talk but this was once in a life time and had to do it. And Cormier knew it, completely understood eachother about it.

You're missing the point. The fact that he brought those things up in the first place is what got him the fight, Dana said as much when he admitted that the crying in training storyline is what piqued his interest in Cummins. If he doesn't bring that up, he's still working in a coffee shop right now.

That's fine. Good for him for making the oportunity for himself. I don't like him as a result. I don't wish him him any ill will, I just won't be cheering him.

His lattes are legend!

Durkin is an excellent wrestler, but we've never seen his skills, before DC , he was 4-0 in questionable regional shows. Dis da big leagues in UFC light heavy division.....

That being said, I think he will win tonight.

He got a lucky shot and stepped up for the UFC when they were about to lose the event. Definitely too much too soon for the Cormier fight so we didn't get a chance to see what he's really made of. This next fight will tell us a lot more.

He's a scrub. A jobber. A low-carder. A never-has-been, never-will-be.

Excited to see what he can do with a full training camp.

Pretty disrespectful of the UFC to keep him off TV after he stepped up for them.

I'm sure he could've used the extra sponsorship cash.

Having gone from co-main event to prelims. Something tells me he will be gone if he loses tonight without putting up much of a fight.

I think that he did better than Mir or Barnett did against Cormier.

Back