Media What Do We Have to Do to Get This Man Some More Hype/Attention??!*(Jared Cannonier)

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

He's big, ripped, explosive, and skilled. Literally a killa gorilla in the Octagon, better yet he's a silent assassin in there. He is arguably next in line for a titleshot but his name just doesn't seem to get the buzz that it deserves IMO. Unfortunately many of the bigger "names" have left the 185 division. Or I should say they have been knocked out of it. So newer guys can't build their name off them. He gets overshadowed by bigger personalities in the division.

What does he have to do take off his shorts and say his "balls wuz hot" to blow up amongst the casuals and mma hardcores alike?

Last edited:
He's definitely a scary dude. Really impressed me in his fight against Joker. Can't wait to see him against the other guys in the top 5.

MW seems to be the perfect division for him.

He's almost too nice to blow up I feel, I'm certainly a fan though.

I think he's already making waves BUT when you think about it this is the BEST way to rise in the UFC.

There is nothing worse than being hyped and everybody going on about you, the spotlight on you and expected to deliver all the time.

Without that there is no pressure, no expectations, only surprises.

Cannonier is in a really great place right now, look at what happens to most of the fighters such as Johnny Walker for example, soon as they lose that's it, they're denied where as when it's the other way round all you can do is rise up the rankings and continue to surprise without the added pressure on top.

It's the best place to be.

Also just to add, completely agree with your sentiments in regards to Cannonier too.

In regards to the MMA hardcores well they won't be able to NOT take notice once he's up there and I think they are already :)

Just let the progression grow and it'll be much better than being hyped, again look at Darren Till also, we don't want that to every fighter we see are promising :)

I would like to see him fight Whittaker next fight. IF he wins then give him a title shot I say

I like what you say.
Great minds think a like ;) and also Whittaker says he wants to fight ASAP and doesn't want no time off, it would make sense to book it

Great minds think a like ;) and also Whittaker says he wants to fight ASAP and doesn't want no time off, it would make sense to book it
It's a fight that makes sense and it's an exciting one as well.

Either that or him against Romero. I wouldn't mind seeing that one either.

But beating Whittaker guarantees him a title shot I think.

He's a warrior for sure. But he got his bell ring badly. It would be wise for him to take at least 6 months IMO. But I'm no expert.
Cannonier vs Till
This is a great matchup as well. Either could earn a shot off of that one.
It's a fight that makes sense and it's an exciting one as well.

Either that or him against Romero. I wouldn't mind seeing that one either.

But beating Whittaker guarantees him a title shot I think.
It definitely makes sense for Jared. Not so sure about Rob. But even if Rob does win, does that earn him a rematch or does he need one more?

It seems most people feel he has unfinished business with Kelvin.

He's big, ripped, explosive, and skilled. Literally a killa gorilla in the Octagon, better yet he's a silent assassin in there. He is arguably next in line for a titleshot but his name just doesn't seem to get the buzz that it deserves IMO. Unfortunately many of the bigger "names" have left the 185 division. Or I should say they have been knocked out of it. So newer guys can't build their name off them. He gets overshadowed by bigger personalities in the division.

What does he have to do take off his shorts and say his "balls wuz hot" to blow up amongst the casuals and mma hardcores alike?

He's on the verge of a breakout. If he wins his next fight he's gonna start getting noticed. What he did to Hermannson was impressive. I think he's ready for Izzy. If they give him anybody else I think he wins. The future looks bright for him.

Must be his age and him not having an extensive background in anything. He only fought in small promotions before the UFC and didn't do too well before dropping down to 185. It's hard to hype up a 35 year old on a 3 fight win streak I guess.

When you talk about transitional change in a fighter you talking Jared Cannonier this guy turned it around physically and mentally looks like a totally different fighter...

Im sold already seems like a legit threat ..lots of fun fights for him at 185 on his way to a title shot.

But then again im not a casual..so

Back