Opinion What do we do about people who are stupid with money?

Ask most of the Republican posters on this site what they would like done for them?

Ask most of the Republican posters on this site what they would like done for them?

Drug testing and random drug testing that evolves with the workarounds of drug testing. Those who pass get food that cant be sold and healthcare that has a very low co-pay

Get rid of section 8. Bring the projects back and provide free vasectomies, free contraception and free abortion

Buying drugs with money that could be used to pay for overdue bills.

Man I get it, I was asking, given they do stupid shit once they get the money, why do they do that?
Because they are not used having money?
Because society doesn't give them the same opportunities?
Because they're dumb?
Because welfare money doesn't feel "earned" so they are more prone to waste it?
Because they built up frustration and hoplessness and don't actually see their life as changing?
None of the above? All of the above?

Trying to steer the discussion lol

If the question is about "who are the biggest leeches?" it's unquestionably poors having children, the incentive cycle and so on.

Think about it. An adult male/female can only suck on the government teet so much before they get a kick in their ass and help no longer. If regular Joe homeless could find a legit non-fraud way to leech for years without children they would have done so by now. Unemployment assistance has a timeout. Free housing? Adult male? Join the back of the que.

Throw a kid in the mix and they can strong-arm the government into giving them tax-payer money because the alternative is unacceptable by western standards. Free housing for you and child (prioritized on housing lists), schooling, meals etc.

I don't have a problem with poors being stupid with their own money. But that's an oxymoronic statement in a way and we already know you can't suck on the gubment teet long without kids.

Man I get it, I was asking, given they do stupid shit once they get the money, why do they do that?
Because they are not used having money?
Because society doesn't give them the same opportunities?
Because they're dumb?
Because welfare money doesn't feel "earned" so they are more prone to waste it?
Because they built up frustration and hoplessness and don't actually see their life as changing?
None of the above? All of the above?

Trying to steer the discussion lol

Theyre not used to having money because once they get the money, they spend it on stupid

Financial illiteracy is the biggest problem in the United States.

My point remains the same. Your choice of vehicle doesn't say anything about the spending habits of others. You've bought cars so you know that just having a down payment isn't enough to qualify anyone for a car loan. They need proof of income, co-signers, decent credit scores, etc.

You need FLOWS. Cash flows, baby. You need paper. Passive income.

Drug testing and random drug testing that evolves with the workarounds of drug testing. Those who pass get food that cant be sold and healthcare that has a very low co-pay

Get rid of section 8. Bring the projects back and provide free vasectomies, free contraception and free abortion
You people are fricken crazy. Why do you want to take humanity backwards like this.

Theyre not used to having money because once they get the money, they spend it on stupid

They are influenced by parents too who are financially illiterate. Teachers too. Who made all the wrong decisions. Played it safe. Never took risks. You need role models.

So they should not have money? Or not welfare money but just hard working job money?
I agree on the fact that earning your income leads to better spending that welfare money if that's the argument.
Only: USA doesn't give welfare money to be spent responsibly, of course everyone hopes so, but the main goal would be let the people having it sustain a decent life and eventually get a good job.
That is inefficient, though, we can all see it.
I would keep the welfare though. Integrate it with professional help from community psychologists and social service.
That would cost a lot of money of course. But raisin the poor's conditions of living should be every state's priority.

Anectodatal but several times in the past I've been in line at Walmart buying the cheapest things like Bananas, peanut butter, fruits/veggies, pasta etc and always find myself behind someone usually fat and uhhh... anyways a cart full of cases of soda, junk food, etc. the cashier rings everything up, bags it and they put it all in their cart but the bill is too much for their food stamp balance and then they have to search through their purchase to take things out(not the soda/junk food) to get it under their balance. As a struggling taxpayer looking for bargains and trying to eat healthy with maybe one of those small baskets full of items that's so annoying when you're standing behind them for a good five minutes. And I've had this convo with several people who say pretty much the same thing has happened to them and If there's anyone else in line with me we usually exchanged a knowing glance. But now I usually go at early times when it's not busy and use the cashier-less checkout.

being poor doesn't make you a victim

Sometimes it does.
The fact that it is usually agreed on that it's always your "fault" if you can't afford food is the way society protects itself and we placate our guilt (which is not justified either). But it is a lie.

If poor people didn't blow their money then the entire sham economy would collapse.

Depends how "bad" they were, and the circumstances.

I have sympathy for people who go into to massive debt to pay for education and homes. There is an "affordability crisis" of sorts in these areas, and consumers are not entirely to blame.

But in general, people who are "unwilling to work" should be allowed to starve. Fuck them.

Anectodatal but several times in the past I've been in line at Walmart buying the cheapest things like Bananas, peanut butter, fruits/veggies, pasta etc and always find myself behind someone usually fat and uhhh... anyways a cart full of cases of soda, junk food, etc. the cashier rings everything up, bags it and they put it all in their cart but the bill is too much for their food stamp balance and then they have to search through their purchase to take things out(not the soda/junk food) to get it under their balance. As a struggling taxpayer looking for bargains and trying to eat healthy with maybe one of those small baskets full of items that's so annoying when you're standing behind them for a good five minutes. And I've had this convo with several people who say pretty much the same thing has happened to them and If there's anyone else in line with me we usually exchanged a knowing glance. But now I usually go at early times when it's not busy and use the cashier-less checkout.
Why you watching other peoples pockets though?

Back