What do countries with the most COVID cases have in common? Right wing "leadership."

How about being better than places like Belgium, Spain, Italy, UK, France, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands? Maybe they should strive to be better than places like Brazil because they've all done significantly worse.

How the shit do "the numbers prove that we objectively handled this worse than most other countries"? The numbers don't show anything like that, and considering it has largely been kept to the one area with the initial outbreak with their piss poor leadership and policies of sending infected people into nursing homes, the rest of the country has done very well and kept the numbers very low.
The USA could really be viewed as several different governing bodies n this, no?
I dont really know how things work down there, but it seems like every state has its own take on how to handle this, and it varies quite a bit.
Plus, youd get population numbers more in line with regular countries

Covid deaths per capita. Colored by party of governor.
tA884x4.jpg
this is a lot more meaningful.
I think this is coincidence in this case, but the Left for four years has actively wanted to ruin the country in order to prove they were right that Trump would ruin everything.
I dont really think that New York’s gov is killing people in order to give the whole country bad numbers, but are some people ever using those numbers to play their same tired card.

tA884x4.jpg

Gee, you think the top 3 might be due to the fact that they center around the most densely populated city in the US? I'd love to hear your reasoning for why the bluest state in the nation, California also with the largest population, is toward the bottom.

For someone that likes to style himself a math guy, you surely didn't pay much attention in elementary statistics.

Gee, you think the top 3 might be due to the fact that they center around the most densely populated city in the US?
thats definitely part of it.
not to mention all of the travel to and from New York.
LA is much lower. I believe the climate plays a large part in that. As i said earlier New Zealand is much better off than Iceland, where most of their other factors line up.

There are many factors contributing to the statistics. We could discuss that with honesty.

The USA could really be viewed as several different governing bodies n this, no?
I dont really know how things work down there, but it seems like every state has its own take on how to handle this, and it varies quite a bit.
Plus, youd get population numbers more in line with regular countries
The federal government issues federal policies. Florida has a larger and older population than NY and didn't even have a hard lock down, yet they're at 2,000 deaths while NY has nearly 30,000, and THAT governor is the guy whose leadership dems were cheering on and saying should run for president. Both states are in the same country with the same president, but the one with more people, way more old people and didn't have a draconian lock down has 15x fewer deaths.

Last edited:
Gee, you think the top 3 might be due to the fact that they center around the most densely populated city in the US? I'd love to hear your reasoning for why the bluest state in the nation, California also with the largest population, is toward the bottom.

For someone that likes to style himself a math guy, you surely didn't pay much attention in elementary statistics.

Rationalize it however you need to. I'm only sharing relevant data. I didn't include any commentary.

tA884x4.jpg
Which couldve been prevented if our Right Wing President with Intel actually gave proper guidance with science. Trump is responsible for 90,000+ American deaths

[

Which couldve been prevented if our Right Wing President with Intel actually gave proper guidance with science. Trump is responsible for 90,000+ American deaths

[
good lord.
if only he hadnt been voted in, nobody would have died.

The federal government issues federal policies. Frida has a larger and older population than NY and didn't even have a hard lock down, yet they're at 2,000 deaths while NY has nearly 30,000, and THAT governor is the guy whose leadership dems were cheering on and saying should run for president. Both states are in the same country with the same president, but the one with more people, way more old people and didn't have a draconian lock down has 15x fewer deaths.
whats Frida?
oh, Florida.

Its also warmer there.

Climate is playing a big part in these numbers, worldwide.

Gee, you think the top 3 might be due to the fact that they center around the most densely populated city in the US?

Yet somehow this logic escapes Liberals, when talking about the US as a whole when compared to other nations.

putin-face.jpg

aY4gAVm_460s.jpg
boris-johnson-afp.jpg

3521.jpg

They're all headed by far right wing morons. Not a coincidence.

For the dumb Muricans reading this, the last two morons are Boris Johnson from the UK (what dumb Muricans call England) and Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article
Continue posting your angry political rants on the internet from the safety of your home, but this facade is nearing an end.

The rest of us are going back to life as normal and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

They're all headed by far right wing morons. Not a coincidence.

For the dumb Muricans reading this, the last two morons are Boris Johnson from the UK (what dumb Muricans call England) and Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

Um Moron, the nations with highest deaths per capita are all LEFTIST.

DddddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuURRRRRRRRRR

Why aren't mods doing anything to keep this guy and that other guy from making 5 covid troll threads a day?

Why aren't mods doing anything to keep this guy and that other guy from making 5 covid troll threads a day?

I got dubs for stating the fact leftist nations in europe have higher deaths per capita then right wing ones.

Total number of cases is going to be heavily influenced by the overall population of the country, but so is cases per capita. The same basic argument can be applied to both measures. A large country with more people has more people who can become infected, while a small country with less people will see a sharper rise in per capita infections from any outbreak.

I think both numbers need to be looked at together, along with the population density of specific states and cities, in order to really have the full context that you need to judge the response. Looking at any of these measures individually is not going to give you any real insight.

[

From the data, it looks like he must have shared intel with all the red states.

Back