What do Brazilians think of Matt Brown?

"We" usually don't have a general opinion about foreign fighters unless they become huge like GSP (boring), Jones (dominant), Fedor (great), BJ Penn (we like him). But that's just a cheap generalization anyway.

Personally I like him as a fighter. But I don't feel like my opinion is somewhat different because of my country lol

Excellent post. Thanks

I think the Silva gassing quickly thing is a weird myth.

He didn't gas. He got beat the fuck up.

Those weren't paddy-cake elbows and knees. Silva was getting LIT up the entire fight. No wonder he lost his drive.

Seemed more like both. He was clearly tired from grappling after Brown got back up, but Brown also gave him absolutely no chance for a breather after that and beat the hell out of him. He got 2 1 minute breaks between the rounds, that was it, and it clearly wasn't enough.

Good fighter...puts on exciting fights...
Silva almost finished him, that makes me wonder if he's good enough to win against the top5 of the division....

He's a nice boy, with a stamp tramp.

Last edited:
Very good fighter. Tough fight for anyone. Keeps a very high pace.
Apparently has problems with body shots.
Seems to have improved his submission defense a lot.

Those weren't paddy-cake elbows and knees. Silva was getting LIT up the entire fight. No wonder he lost his drive.

Damn man, with all due respect, your posts are way too inconsistent.

Erick Silva gassed BEFORE getting trashed by Brown (and this is coming from a Brown fan who picked him to win).

Rewatch the fight... he gassed after getting back up because he couldn't submit Brown (BEFORE getting destroyed).

Last edited:
Can someone please PM a link to the Brown v Silva fight? I'd be most grateful. BADLY want to see that first round again.

If he fought Erick Silva in Brazil, he'd be boo'ed and chants of "YOU WILL DIE!!" would be echoing around the stadium as Brown walked to the cage.

After he beat Silva, he'd be boo'ed even louder with more detailed death threats.

Much like almost all other non-Brazilians when they fight a Brazilian.

No I disagree. He would not be booed as he left the arena.

Why does this happen?

Is the mindless nationalism in Brazil really that bad???

If so, that's pathetic and sad.

Can this dialogue get any more pathetic? And TS wonders why no brazilian answers his shitty thread.

90 % of people don't know who Erick Silva is. Maybe 99.5%,don't even know Matt Brown exists.

So, I think Brazilians don't really know what you're asking.

I think he is great, and is one of my favorite fighters.

Satisfied?

Brazilians think __________________________ about Brown (since we all know Brazilians all think the same about everything).

But here is something I think all Brazilians can agree on...

TS is a moron.

And lol @ you trying to stir shit up.

Uhh no he gassed after the RNC attempt. The only myth is the shit that you just said. Such a blatant attempt to stir the pot I cringed at this thread. Trolling's not what it used to be

If he fought Erick Silva in Brazil, he'd be boo'ed and chants of "YOU WILL DIE!!" would be echoing around the stadium as Brown walked to the cage.

After he beat Silva, he'd be boo'ed even louder with more detailed death threats.

Much like almost all other non-Brazilians when they fight a Brazilian.

Pretty much every country out there cheers for the winner if a local fighter is beaten in impressive fashion. They'd boo the snot out of a Clay Guida victory probably, but Brown is violent and that has universal appeal.

Idk, but what I can tell you is what Matt Brown thinks of men under WW.

He thinks that men under WW aren't really men.

Seriously?

LoL Brown vs JDS, lets see who the man is in that situation

We think he's cute and funny and would really appreciate us.

Back