what divison is the most stacked divison in terms of talent?

Trillz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Most likely bewteen Lightweight, featherweight, welterweight atm.

Maybe bantamweight if they get rid of flyweight and the top fighters move to bantamweight??

What are your thoughts?

The answer is lightweight, but featherweight is often over looked..

Women's 145.

DtE4F-eWkAAg0bx.jpg

giphy.gif

170 easily

Woodley, Till, Usman, Wonderboy, RDA, Colby, Askren, Lawler, Edwards, Ponz, Masvidal, Magny, now even Pettis

Flyweight, the talent in Henry beating Mouse and snake back to back beats everything

Thinking about this got me thinking....how in the HELL does the UFC have Cejudo ranked #11 on the p4p rankings, yet they have TJ at #5? Are these pre-Saturday rankings???

I made a thread about it with a bunch of facts, but can’t find it.

It depends what are you comparing.
Top 3,5,10,15 or the whole division.

Lightweight was the most stacked.

I would argue it's between 155 & 170. 155 takes the edge for me given that there are 2 killers are the top in Fergy and Khabib with amazing win streaks. Top 10 are straight killers; Poirier, Conor, Barboza, Gaethje, Lee, Iaquinta and Pettis amongst them. Cowboy coming in the division now and Hooker, Hernandez, Vick - young prospects which will surely bounce back after defeat.

Don't get me wrong, WW is stacked, but there isn't that amazing fight that is to happen at the top like Fergy vs Khabib. For welterweight it would've been GSP vs Woodley for a high level fight if GSP was still in it.

Average number of fights over the last 5 years (descending order):

Lightweight: 86.6
Welterweight: 83.4
Featherweight: 53.4
Middleweight: 53
Bantamweight: 47.6
Light Heavyweight: 34.2
Heavyweight: 33.8
Flyweight: 29

/thread

155 then 205. 170 it used to be. Maybe 135, it's deep but also weak at the same time?

I made a thread about it with a bunch of facts, but can’t find it.

It depends what are you comparing.
Top 3,5,10,15 or the whole division.

Lightweight was the most stacked.
top 15 and whole divison

Got a lot of young prospects. It will take a while for them all to become hyped but all those pieces are in place and in a few years we'll see it. Jones also makes the division look a lot worse than it is, and Bellator took Bader/Davis. No one having a chance of winning doesn't mean the division is weak.

Back