What Division Is Hurting The Most Right Now?

Ridian

Lifelong Combat Sports Fan
@purple
Reaction score
In terms of top level fighters, a clear contender picture, fan popularity, break out stars etc, what weight class or weight classes are a mess right now?

The tiny person one that is getting a contender from TUF. Forget what the name of that division is.

all of them, except the straw weight girls divsion but straw weight division hurts me because most of those straw weight- girls id rather see grappling with me then some chick who wants to arm bar her or KTFO

That division HAS more draws though. lol

The answer is LHW.
The next 2 or 3 title fights are going to be with non-draws though, everybody came to terms with the lack of depth in the higher divisions months ago.

The next 2 or 3 title fights are going to be with non-draws though, everybody came to terms with the lack of depth in the higher divisions months ago.

Everybody coming to terms with it doesn't make it any less in trouble.

Women's Bantamweight has credible opponents and interesting potential fights. The passing of the title belt has helped create more interesting fights so WBW is not hurting for fans perspective.
As far as having some unbeatable star beating up everyone then yea it doesn't have that but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. DC is that right now with a Jones-less LHW division and it's hurting a lot more than either women's divisions.

Light heavyweight because its supposed to be a premier division, but its righful champion is a fuckin idiot (the Jon Jones 30 for 30 is going to be FIRE btw) and the current champion is kind of boring and hes already beat the top contenders.

LHW is suffering terribly, they got like 4 or 5 guys. Then jon jones is holding everything up and put the division chaos. They need some new blood bad. Furthermore I won't be surprised if they manipulate some shortened suspension for Jones just so they can get him back in action asap. U know if u really look at it, all the divisions have some weird quirks going on rite now except welterweight, that's a shark tank that's running pretty smooth, but yea most the other ones are in a fucked up spot. I've always liked 155 the best, they got the best guys p4p in my opinion they are so well rounded, I mean basically any guy in the top 10 could be the champ

Last edited:
Back