What division are you most invested in?

LW because of the usual depth. WW and MW due to the dominant champs (so far).
And HW because I want to see Reem make one more run for it.
I’d love to see reem get the ufc belt after all these years. What do you think his path to the belt would be? Who would be the champion and how would he beat them?

Lightweight, you got 1-15 only killers. No division have this much depth like 155. Sure Khabib is gone but someone who is a fan Khabib style its nice to have Makhachaev still fighting. Shame he pulled out but thats fighting.

Lightweight, you got 1-15 only killers. No division have this much depth like 155. Sure Khabib is gone but someone who is a fan Khabib style its nice to have Makhachaev still fighting. Shame he pulled out but thats fighting.
Personally I always felt like khabib had such an aura about him. I don’t know that I necessarily love the idea of someone like Islam being a champion in the same division and always having people compare the two. It’s kind of like what we have with Izzy and Anderson.

I’d love to see reem get the ufc belt after all these years. What do you think his path to the belt would be? Who would be the champion and how would he beat them?
I think a rematch with Rozenstruik, who is number 3, makes a whole lot of sense (given how the first fight went). If he wins he's up there for a title shot I say, either against Stipe or Ngannou.
Darn, didn't realize Reem's actually fought all of the Top 5 except Lewis.

I think a rematch with Rozenstruik, who is number 3, makes a whole lot of sense (given how the first fight went). If he wins he's up there for a title shot I say, either against Stipe or Ngannou.
Darn, didn't realize Reem's actually fought all of the Top 5 except Lewis.
That’s part of the difficulty for him. He’s been so active that some matchups don’t make sense. Especially because he’s a glass cannon and either looks great or terrible. Almost getting kod by Walt Harris is a perfect example.

But yeah, I could see him beating Rozenstruik or Lewis for sure. I’m less confident about a fight with stipe or ngannou

LW and WW, LW now for Conor and up and comers like Islam and Do Bronx, WW because it seems like every title fight has drama, and Khamzat will make his big moves there before he goes up to MW

Heavyweight is trash but I'm still inclined towards it. Wish the UFC would end its USADA contract.

That’s part of the difficulty for him. He’s been so active that some matchups don’t make sense. Especially because he’s a glass cannon and either looks great or terrible. Almost getting kod by Walt Harris is a perfect example.

But yeah, I could see him beating Rozenstruik or Lewis for sure. I’m less confident about a fight with stipe or ngannou
Whoa, didn't you hear about Reem improving his chin? ;)
I agree, actually. But I do think he has what it takes against Miocic. Ngannou rematch makes me nervous, though. Just thinking of it makes me sweat as a Reem fan.

Why featherweight? Is there a specific fighter or matchup your looking forward to?

I think Volk is the most well rounded fighter in MMA right now, with possibly the best fight IQ, and I like his character as well. I'm always very interested in his fights because it feels like I'm watching a true master out there. I do not like ortega, but the guy is good and has a knack for surprising me—he spices things up in the division with last minute finishes, random bald head, and leveling up after lay offs. Kattar lives near me, so I'm always rooting for his success, and he's getting so close to the title and I love watching the development of his game. I think Yair is an ass, but every division needs an Ass and he's a fun one in the cage with wild knockouts. Then you got guys like Zabit, KZ, Emmet, a just bleed god disciple in Burgos, Grappling hillbilly in Mitchel, A Leg lock wizard in Ryan hall....

Not to mention a guy on a 7 fight win streak in Arnold Allen that nobody mentions. Oh, and long time fan favorite Barboza as well.

It's just such a fun division right now with a bunch of finishers.

Last edited:
I never got why LHW and HW were highly touted, I came into the sport through watching GSP, maybe it’s a Pride thing where all the best fighters were at those weights

I think Volk is the most well rounded fighter in MMA right now, with possibly the best fight IQ, and I like his character as well. I do not like ortega, but the guy is good and has a knack for surprising me—he spices things up in the division with last minute finishes, random bald head, and leveling up after lay offs. Kattar lives near me, so I'm always rooting for his success and he's getting so close to the title. I think Yair is an ass, but every division needs an Ass and he's a fun one in the cage. Then you got guys like Zabit, KZ, Emmet, a just bleed god disciple in Burgos, Grappling hillbilly in Mitchel, Leg lock wizard in ryan hall....

Not to mention a guy on a 7 fight win streak in arnold Allen that nobody mentions. Oh and, long time fan favorite Barboza as well.

It's just such a fun division right now with a bunch of finishers.
See I agree about Volk. I’m a big fan I’m just not sure who beats him because of that. Him and usman are the two guys who I wouldn’t be surprised to see still wearing there belts in 3-5 years. I agree all the guys below him are actually quite interesting. Thank you, this is exactly why I made this thread. I needed something to be excited about and you’ve sucked me back in. I appreciate the post

I never got why LHW and HW were highly touted, I came into the sport through watching GSP, maybe it’s a Pride thing where all the best fighters were at those weights
It’s the finishing rates and power. Absolutely started in pride.

Id argue that the LHW division now is actually closer than it’s ever been to the pride division.

Back