What diets have you tried?

The one that always works - lowering my calorie intake

Eat less lose weight. That’s the only one that works. Also cut out high sugar junk.

i don't believe in diets. i mean i believe that you should watch what you eat. that's for sure. but i don't believe in some type of system in which you only specifically eat certain foods. i think you can eat whatever you want, so long as it's in moderation, and you balance it out with exercise.

This may sound good for the macros, not for the micros.

People usually report thinking more clearly.

You can get constipated depending on how you do the diet.

I like the food I am eating so pasta and potatoes haven't really bothered me.

Maybe I didn't eat enough fats.

I did it with eggs, fatty meat, lean meat, greek yoghurt, hard cheese, vegetables.

Gracie Diet around 1999. A few people where I was training jiujitsu were on it, so it seemed like the cool thing to do. I was always hungry and almost passed out once while I was running, so I discontinued it after a week or two.

Low carb diet around 2003 maybe. Seemed good at first. Lost a little weight, started to see my abs again, but I got a little tired of meat and my cholesterol went to shit.

Vegetarian around 2006-2010. Just trying to be healthier and nicer to animals/the planet. Didn’t really notice much change other than cholesterol being awesome again and pooping a lot.

I did the Paleo Diet.

Pros: I lost a lot of weight.
Cons: I don't think bread and pasta are bad.

But I have heard that most diets work if you do them. So choose one that you like.

Low Carb, Keto, IF, IIFYM, maybe a few others.

Recently I’ve just been eating in moderation and trying to get as much fruits and vegetables in my diet as possible. Very roughly count calories in my head, but always shooting below maintenance. Except on the weekends where i give myself a cheat meal or two. This has probably worked better than the above.

Back