What did you guys think about the movie "Dope"(2015)?

Have you ever noticed that kid in class, that one that told a pretty funny joke once and the whole class laughed, but no one goes near him? Then you go over to investigate and it turns out the kid thinks he's hilarious but has only had one successful joke ever, but he rambles off to anyone who will listen, hundreds of cringey bad attempts with a smug face like he's the effin G but his body language kinda deflates as you look directly at him- he knows, feels that he sucks but doesn't want to admit it. He wants to think that the full secret to achieving humor/charisma is only but never-improving obstinate persistence.

So then you take the obvious cue and leave him to himself like everyone else because the Dalai Lama would only have enough patience and kindness of spirit to maybe hold out longer than you did, only do the same as you and everybody else a few minutes later (perhaps, due to wisdom, a lot earlier than everyone else).

If you somehow became the best friend of that kid and stayed that way through college, and with no current regrets, then I'm pleased to emphatically state that you WOULD enjoy this movie.

Last edited:
Just got around to seeing this. I enjoyed it, 7/10, funny, entertaining, and all that good shit. It kind of caught me off guard with the story because I didn't know much about the movie going in and thought it was about a hip hop group in the 90s. The speech at the end was out of place.

Back