What did you guys think about the movie "Dope"(2015)?

Ace of Spade

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm just curious... what did you sherdoggers think about the movie "Dope" from 2015?

Budget: $7,000,000
Gross: $18,000,000

MvUK7qh.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was awesome. Glad I decided to watch it. Some parts were kind of meh but for the most part I thought it was entertaining. Loved that Blake guy from Workaholics character. Also Tygas cameo and the way that ended was fucking hilarious.

I'm just curious... what did you sherdoggers think about the movie "Dope" from 2015?

Budget: $700,000
Gross: $18,000,000

MvUK7qh.jpg

Forgot a 0 on that budget (7 million). They would have had to pay the actors peanuts to make it happen for 700k, nevermind the production costs.

I thought it was alright, nothing special. 6.5-7.0/10

I really wanted to see it, it looked like it had that spark of potential to be something special.

Felt forced and unnatural, balance was way off imo and took me out of the movie early.

I really don't want to be able to spot the moments writer's block which results in EZ-fit formula modules jumping out at me in a movie. Makes me feel uneasy and ruins any possible believability or atmosphere. Sadly, I was forced to tap early

R.I.P failed film-award bait. 2015-2015

It was aight. I could have gone without watching that chick puke.

Seemed original with nothing really happening. Trailer looked great but the acting was too stoic and meandered. Like smoking dope.

I don't regret having watched it but I wouldn't recommend it highly

It was good but nothing special. I'd say 6.5 or 7/10

It was all right, nothing special... But worth a watch if you're bored.

I enjoyed it, probably 7/10. I felt like they were trying to make it a commentary on race but it felt more like a more serious Superbad until the main characters monologue at the end (when he is reading his university entrance essay).

I liked it. I was confused at first cause I thought it was supposed to be in the 90's but then I realized it was just the kid stuck in the past.

7/10. Good movie. Worth a watch. The speech at the end seemed out of place to me considering it was a comedy that wasn't about race except for the thing with the workaholics dude. And even that wasn't serious.

I thought it was original. I liked the movie overall, but I dislike a minor story plot toward the end.

He held a gun to a rival gang's face. He then got respect from then for it. Don't know if that's a good lesson to teach.

This never came out where I am so I still have yet to see it.

Seems like it's still worth a watch?

I was expecting to like it a lot more than I did based off of the trailer. Their band sucked and the monologue was out of place. It was still good though. 6.5/10.

Back