What did you cook today? (Spicy Korean Duck Tacos)

Duck is the king of the poultry meats. The only problem with duck is that it's super fatty.

I usually get the smoked stuff. Pan fried, it produces a very nice fat similar to bacon fat and can be used much the same way. Amazing cooking oil and great to fry eggs in above all else.

This time, I got a couple pounds of raw duck and have been marinating it in red pepper sauce (pepper sauce, honey, onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, etc).

Anyway, things I should have done differently - cut the duck up smaller, had more raw onions in the taco. Also, more cilantro. Come to think of it, if I used the smoked duck, would have had some nice crispy duck skin in there, too.

I ended up with a bunch of duck fat, but can't do anything with it because there's so much other stuff in it. Might fry some rice with it tomorrow.

Full sheet of Rosemary focaccia, 42 pretzels, 36 pretzel buns. It was a slower day

i don't have pics of it, but chicken manchurian and red curry.
Chicken%20Manchurian.jpg

I assume you all know what red curry looks like so I'm not going to put up a stock photo of it.

never was a fan of duck.

was at my mom's last night & had some of her bad ass squash & egg drop soup, & also ground beef with chickpeas.

flour tortillas are weak but the duck looks good

I didn't cook anything but I did eat some pretty tasty Salami and Ritz Crackers!

I made chłodnik (cold beet & cucumber butter milk soup):

Beets - cooked diced then cooled

Cucumber - seeded cut into crescent shape

Green Onion

Hard boiled eggs - diced

Salt & lemon juice

Poor a half gallon+ of butter milk over it all in a big pot, and let it sit in the fridge over night.

I know it sounds gross (and looks a little like pepto-bismo) but I make it two or three times a month in the summer when the farmers market is still going. I love this shit

Back