Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

Murder is arguably the worst crime that can be committed right? Sure crimes by police will garner more attention, but do you think the narrative being pushed with how MUCH more attention it gets when a cop shoots a black person is warranted? What % of black people that die by the hand of another human being are killed by cops? If I emerged from a coma and didn't know better, I'd think it was like 75% based on the way the information is disseminated. Yet, the reality is that it's a tiny fraction of that.

Yes cops will often reign in their partners/other cops. Why do you think you don't hear about those instances? Is it newsworthy when a cop notices their partner getting unnecessarily aggravated, irritated, or aggressive and steps in and says "Hey why don't you let me talk to this guy for a sec. You go run the plates..." No, why would that make the news? Why would you ever hear about it?

Yes. I always checked on guys I worked with during a struggle. “You ok?” Meaning are you under control? I have had guys check on me. I have also pulled an officer or two off of people. I reported one because he used excessive and unwarranted force. The victim would not cooperate though. The other officer thanked me and said he realized he did not have the right temperament to be a cop and resigned at a later point.

And I get the agents of the state having power to oppress and kill anger and frustration-to a degree. “They are literally hunting and killing us” is a quote I read from someone about police shootings. Yet, they really and seriously are being hunted and killed by their own and they barely blink an eye. How many children and pregnant women were killed in the last week? I read about at least four or five, but how many others? Probably a dozen or more at the very least. And they barely care. No national outrage, no mass protests across the US. Some local people do some stuff occasionally, but you will never see a National issue with it. They may have a “mass shooting victims” Memorial Day at some point, and maybe they can squeeze in street violence, but it will not be 1/10th the size of the Floyd protests. Never.

Bottom line is that this community does not seem to care about all lives-just the ones taken by police even when incredibly justified like the Bryant case.

I had this all typed out then it got merged when I hit post so it didn't go through.

Here's a local example of duty to intervene working as it should.
https://abc7.com/westminister-police-use-of-force-excessive-brutality/10538626/

I think officer involved in the arrest of the old lady needs to be fired and charged. Breaking a 73 year old woman's shoulder for passive resistance is so far out of line for use of force. Add not reporting the injury and not providing medical attention for like 6 hours is inexcusable too.

The officers laughing about it should be either suspended for a month without pay or punished some other way as well. I get ad first responders we have fucked up dark humor but this is stuff that was in the public eye, not like messing around post work or something.

No, fire all of them. The guy responsible, the guy doing the fist bump. Fuck them both imo. I did not watch this video tbh, I don’t want to because it will disgust me.

Edit: watched that video.

It’s not the use of force that I have such an issue with. You have a shoplifting and the woman refuses to submit. The tactics he used would not have been an issue if this was a 23 year old instead of 73. What i watched showed joint locks and applied pressure. I did not see anything that clearly showed me that the use of force was excessive. But when you consider her age, it becomes an issue., but I don’t know if he knew that or not.

It was the lack of treatment and care after the “pop” that they heard and laughed about is what got me riled ip. I think that better training and a rational officer to think “is $14 worth of stuff really that important that you have to use force to stop this woman right at that moment?” The only consideration I have is if she would wander into traffic. I am not suggesting that “we just let people take whatever they want without consequences and let em all go.” But this lady’s behavior and affect are not normal. More training to spot that and less of a feeing of “need to control” the situation. Take your fucking time-there is no rush to end things like this.

Are there other methods or tactics to use? I will admit, dementia would not have been my first guess with her. Mental illness seemed more likely as the woman didn’t look that old on video.

The female officer clearly seemed like she thought something was
Wrong with how things went down. She’s almost there. She seemed to be struggling with her need to be accepted and her knowing they didn’t handle that right-especially after the guy admits her shoulder popped and they did nothing.

Now on to the hog tie or hobble restraint. No. Just no for an old woman. A strong dangerous guy trying to kick out the windows-yes, but never hit tie anyone. It is more likely a hobble restraint.

Fire the supervisor and the male officer. Suspend the female officer and get her more training. I am debating what kind of charges if any could be applied for leaving an injured woman without care. Elderly abuse? I will have to think on this.

Last edited:
I don't hate all pigs, just the dirty ones. It's not my fault that covers the majority of them.

I don’t hate all stupid people, just some of them. Sorry that includes you and your juvenile viewpoint. Probably an anqueefa supporter

Policing is similar to the political arena. 99% get into it with righteous and noble intent for the good of society.

When they get there and become aware of the game and subsequent rules, they're inevitably corrupted.

These are self-perpetuating systems with no real oversight, and it's easy to understand how they become the cancerous entities we see today.

Ironically, the very groups of people clamouring for reduction of standards in all aspects of society are also the most vocal about the need for increased standards when the narrative suits their needs.

I don’t hate all stupid people, just some of them. Sorry that includes you and your juvenile viewpoint. Probably an anqueefa supporter

Your emotional reply suggests you're as guilty as the your dirty colleagues you defend.

Oink-Oink

Your emotional reply suggests you're as guilty as the your dirty colleagues you defend.

Oink-Oink

not emotional. It would take a hell of a lot more to get me angry. You’re just annoying-like a little gnat that flies into the corner of your eye.

"The rotten apple spoils his companion"-Benjamin Franklin
Well, I don't think Franklin invented that but it is indeed closer to what I think the original expression is: One bad apple spoils the whole barrel.

It's funny when people leave out the important part of idioms like that, and they're used to express the opposite of the original meaning. For example: Birds of a feather flock together...until the cat shows up!

But "the narrative" DOES matter, and it matters a TON. Because the groundswell of this type thing affects policy. It sends ripples throughout the country and politicians aren't blind to it. When policy starts to reflect a false narrative, things get worse.

The rest of your post has some truth but it's always a matter of degrees and making blanket statements muddies the waters even more. "They" are trained to act the way they do. No, not always and probably not often. Different departments are run much differently. Some do take that approach, and it has negative effects. Many don't, and there's better relationships with their communities.

We could discuss all day (and I do enjoy these discussions with you, you are well thought out) but I actually have to do some work LOL. I do agree, figuring out ways to make policing better is important.

Yeah, the narrative matters when it comes to what politicians say, but those flowery words hardly ever amount to action or policy in the United States. I've been hearing "thoughts and prayers" for over a decade now when it comes to gun violence, and we've had a protests for a year about police violence, and minorities have been complaining about the police and the justice system long before George Floyd..and yet...no policy change has happened. So, when I say it doesn''t matter, I mean in practice. It's really just meaningless media noise that the largely uneducated masses pick up, but don't do much with.
It doesn't matter when it comes to a conversation between you and I, or between anyone that isn't some sort of pundit trying to push a narrative. Behind the narratives there are actual issues, and that's what serious people should be focusing on.
I don't really care what CNN or FOX news has to say about these things. Their purpose is to sensationalize and sell adds.

I'm not making an all or nothing declaration in any of my posts. We're talking generally here. And while I agree that the training and procedures of cops can vary from department to department, there are some general similarities in their training when it comes to use of force, engagement, and police culture. In the video that I posted above, there is another cop that is an expert/trainer in force usage with cops, and he said that that was correct training---and he isn't from the same department. We've seen enough police video from all over the country to see that there are plenty of similarities when it comes to force and procedure.
And likewise, it's nice to have an amicable discussion with a reasonable person in the WR. It's about my bed time as well. Have a good one. <RomeroSalute>

Well, I don't think Franklin invented that but it is indeed closer to what I think the original expression is: One bad apple spoils the whole barrel.

It's funny when people leave out the important part of idioms like that, and they're used to express the opposite of the original meaning. For example: Birds of a feather flock together...until the cat shows up!
Yes I know, it has had many iterations over the centuries. I just wanted to quote Franklin's version.

not emotional. It would take a hell of a lot more to get me angry. You’re just annoying-like a little gnat that flies into the corner of your eye.

Angry pigs are cute, but I'll try not to upset you too much because I don't want you taking it out on an innocent black guy later today.

Remember, black = gun, yellow = taser ;)

Angry pigs are cute, but I'll try not to upset you too much because I don't want you taking it out on an innocent black guy later today.

Remember, black = gun, yellow = taser ;)

do you mean black person=gun? Ok, if you say so comrade

do you mean black person=gun? Ok, if you say so comrade

Of course, you see the word black and immediately think of a black person with a gun. And you wonder why people think most pigs are racist.

I can see the headline now, "Magtard sherdog troll shoots unarmed black man during traffic stop"

Of course, you see the word black and immediately think of a black person with a gun. And you wonder why people think most pigs are racist.

I can see the headline now, "Magtard sherdog troll shoots unarmed black man during traffic stop"

It’s commendable you are so brave to throw insults via the Internet. Truly a tough guy and witty to boot. The rest of us posters should aspire to be like you. I am sure it is your ambition to some day have the stones to say these things to a cop in person.

Murder is arguably the worst crime that can be committed right? Sure crimes by police will garner more attention, but do you think the narrative being pushed with how MUCH more attention it gets when a cop shoots a black person is warranted? What % of black people that die by the hand of another human being are killed by cops? If I emerged from a coma and didn't know better, I'd think it was like 75% based on the way the information is disseminated. Yet, the reality is that it's a tiny fraction of that.

Yes cops will often reign in their partners/other cops. Why do you think you don't hear about those instances? Is it newsworthy when a cop notices their partner getting unnecessarily aggravated, irritated, or aggressive and steps in and says "Hey why don't you let me talk to this guy for a sec. You go run the plates..." No, why would that make the news? Why would you ever hear about it?
Officers file complaints against other officers all the time. You don’t heart about it because why would you? It’s an internal issue that is handled by the higher ups who love to discipline regular officers. The media portrays something that might be an issue in some departments and paints it like it’s the entire country. A lot of departments already do most of what they’re asking and yet we are all demonized the same. If BLM or any other activist group had integrity they’d read through department general orders and give a shout out to the good departments that have policies and procedures that promote transparency and discipline for actions they deem unreasonable.

When I was in the Air Force I had a great mentor who used to always tell me don’t ever bring a problem to me. Your ass better be bringing the solution. They’re currently talking about new legislation that won’t help cities like Chicago, New Orleans, Detroit, STL, NY, LA, Baltimore etc...

Last edited:
Kaiowas will not be back in this thread for 7 days. When I ask you guys to tone it down, don't do what he did.

Back