Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 2

If you shoot at me and miss, run away after dropping your firearm, then i shoot you that is murder on my part. The saying "two wrongs dont make a right" comes to mind. Resisting arrest doesnt equal a justified shooting. Im just so glad we live in a society that is will to take a life so that police dont have to be held responsible for being unable to identify actual threats on their lives vs pulling up your pants.

You are ignoring a lot of what I'm saying to you

Let's try once more....how did those cops know at the second the shooting happened that he left his gun in the car ? I watched like 50 cop cams and I don't see him throwing away a weapon at all. I don't know how you have come to the conclusion the cops new he didn't have the gun he just shot at them with. Can you please answer this question. Link ? Video? You and I seem to have some very different information.

You are acting like the cops should be like oh boy he shot at us I bet he won't do it again. Let me just walk up on him slowly and give any movement the benefit of the doubt. Thats insanity when it comes to guns an armed suspects.

Preemptive shooting all suspects is the best way to ensure that cops are never in danger. Especially with concealed carry everywhere in this country. Eliminate the threat before it can eliminate you.
Ok, continue to ignore the facts of what actually happened here. Excellent strategy.

You are ignoring a lot of what I'm saying to you

Let's try once more....how did those cops know at the second the shooting happened that he left his gun in the car ? I watched like 50 cop cams and I don't see him throwing away a weapon at all. I don't know how you have come to the conclusion the cops new he didn't have the gun he just shot at them with. Can you please answer this question. Link ? Video? You and I seem to have some very different information.

You are acting like the cops should be like oh boy he shot at us I bet he won't do it again. Let me just walk up on him slowly and give any movement the benefit of the doubt. Thats insanity when it comes to guns an armed suspects.
I never said the cops knew he didnt have a gun, but just seem to be accepting that the cops knew he still had a gun. At one point he had a gun, he was in a car chase, he may have shot his gun at police, he was resisting arrest i accept all of that. You are using the same old argument that is used to justify police shooting when a cell phone is in someones hand or when someone is crawling on the floor trying to surrender. My standard is pretty consistent, If you are going to take a life you better be 100% on the threat of life or you are morally in the wrong. Its way more than a "oops" when it turns out that the threat wasnt there.

I never said the cops knew he didnt have a gun, but just seem to be accepting that the cops knew he still had a gun. At one point he had a gun, he was in a car chase, he may have shot his gun at police, he was resisting arrest i accept all of that. You are using the same old argument that is used to justify police shooting when a cell phone is in someones hand or when someone is crawling on the floor trying to surrender. My standard is pretty consistent, If you are going to take a life you better be 100% on the threat of life or you are morally in the wrong. Its way more than a "oops" when it turns out that the threat wasnt there.

Yes he resisted
Yes he shot at the police
yes at some point he had a gun
but at the exact second he was shot he wasnt shooting so therefore not a threat

Youre being silly for the sake of hating on the police. I know its a fun thing to do and god knows they deserve it sometimes but also sometimes they are right

Most police shootings sadly seem to be legit and also seem to be caused by the suspect . For every kid playing with an airsoft gun or drunk with a cellphone there seems to be 100 violent resisters who created the situation that ends up killing them.

Yes he resisted
Yes he shot at the police
yes at some point he had a gun
but at the exact second he was shot he wasnt shooting so therefore not a threat

Youre being silly for the sake of hating on the police. I know its a fun thing to do and god knows they deserve it sometimes but also sometimes they are right

Most police shootings sadly seem to be legit and also seem to be caused by the suspect . For every kid playing with an airsoft gun or drunk with a cellphone there seems to be 100 violent resisters who created the situation that ends up killing them.

I get the arguments here in favor of this being a justified shooting. You and I both know that to a certain segment of the population almost all police shooting are justified. My problem is that there has been such a low bar for so long. Its more than fair to call into question this shooting because he was unarmed at the time of the shooting.

The threat level changed during the pursuit. If the suspect was armed at the time, sure 100% justified. When it turned out he wasnt, now we got the reassessment of the situation. One important question that wasnt asked of me was do the officers deserve to go to jail, probably not.

I definitely think that we should be reevaluating the training that led to 8 officers firing 90+ bullets at a suspect and missing over 30 times. Look at the situation and see where officers can improve on identifying the threat before they take a life. Maybe some of the officers should no longer be allowed to continue being officers. Thats what i would generally want instead of simply saying "well he did all of this stuff before the shooting, so its justified".

@Lowmanproblems is trolling hard ITT. Pretty lame.
Yea nothing at all wrong with shooting at a suspect after he has already been shot multiple times and laying face down. Totally normal and acceptable thing for the police to do. It doesnt matter that someone is yelling cease fire or if other cops are in your line of fire. Fuck it right, gotta get those mag dumps in when they can.

Can't believe people arent siding with the cops on this one.

Seriously people need to stop doing idiotic things and being shocked with the end results.

That doesn’t make him a felon and you know that. You understand as well as anyone that felon is specifically a legal term for someone convicted of a felony. It’s innocent until proven guilty remember?

I do know that calling someone a felon refers to them being convicted of a felony, however, he was actively committing a felony at the time of his death, so that makes him a fleeing felon

This is a no win for the cops. Dude leads them on a chase. Shoots at them as seen on video. Wears a mask like he just robbed someone. Runs out of the car and police think he's still armed. IF he was still armed and took hostages and killed them you ALL would say the police should of shot him when they had the chance. You would have cited the TX school shooting as cops are worthless.

But because he left the gun in the car and the police didn't know this and shot him they're now being questioned? Lol

Saved American tax dollars and I'm good with that. Anyone that puts other in danger like he did and shot at cops and anyone else in the way, he deserved what he got.

I was going to make a new thread but I guess that isn't necessary. The response to this Jayland Walker shooting shows that we still live in clown world. The shooting was completely justified and there is no reason to think racism played a part at all yet here come the protests/riots. Wtf is wrong with these people trying to pretend this kid was innocent? In what universe do you act like this and expect to not get shot? And look at the people tweeting lies like at the beginning of the video I linked. It's disgusting.

Right hand to God if my own child did this I wouldn't question the police response. I would just say that I failed as a parent.

I don't get your argument. So the cops couldn't have known that he didn't have a gun right? So how was the shooting not justified?

Yea nothing at all wrong with shooting at a suspect after he has already been shot multiple times and laying face down. Totally normal and acceptable thing for the police to do. It doesnt matter that someone is yelling cease fire or if other cops are in your line of fire. Fuck it right, gotta get those mag dumps in when they can.
Does it matter whether he was killed by one bullet vs many? So if it was one gunshot you and everyone else would have no issues with it?

We've got a serious problem in this country. Way too many innocent people are dying due to over-aggression by law enforcement. Cops who will use lethal force at the drop of a hat in unnecessary situations. Netflix has a great show, Web of Make Believe: Death, Lies. One episode details a situation where a prank call was dialed into 911, the SWAT Team arrived and shot an innocent homeowner who stops cooking for his family to go outside to see what was going on. He was killed nearly instantly upon walking out his front door by a cop with an itchy trigger finger. More disgusting is the officer who pulled the trigger had his name protected and hidden from the people by the city, protecting him and making it more difficult for charges to be pursued. Whistleblowers disgusted finally leaked his name then outside investigations revealed the particular office has several officer-related shootings far exceeding any other officer on the force with several complaints.

He may have shot at the officers, if so he was guilty of doing so. Allowing officers to open fire when no clear danger has been identified at the time leads to all of these unarmed suspects being killed. When we have a suspect killed like this there is no justice. The suspect has been executed for whatever perceived crime they may have committed. To me in America we have people that will cheer the right to own firearms, and cheer when the police kill a suspect for potentially being armed, even if the police are not in danger at the time of the shooting. Its pretty messed up.
This is complete nonsense. The cops had every reason to believe he was armed at the time. Your expectation of them to wait until the guy starts firing is unreasonable.

We've got a serious problem in this country. Way too many innocent people are dying due to over-aggression by law enforcement. Cops who will use lethal force at the drop of a hat in unnecessary situations. Netflix has a great show, Web of Make Believe: Death, Lies. One episode details a situation where a prank call was dialed into 911, the SWAT Team arrived and shot an innocent homeowner who stops cooking for his family to go outside to see what was going on. He was killed nearly instantly upon walking out his front door by a cop with an itchy trigger finger. More disgusting is the officer who pulled the trigger had his name protected and hidden from the people by the city, protecting him and making it more difficult for charges to be pursued. Whistleblowers disgusted finally leaked his name then outside investigations revealed the particular office has several officer-related shootings far exceeding any other officer on the force with several complaints.

And that applies to this guy how, exactly?

Back