What did people expect from Conor vs Cerrone? It's so wrong to talk crap on Cerrone

Jorge was a 155er too, he’s naturally smaller than Nate.

Also Rafa... Josh Thompson... Nate has a dozen losses, a lot of them blowouts, a lot of them against jobbers, he’s not nearly as good as the Conor fanboys try to make him out to be.
I think Conor is better than you give him credit, but it's nice to engage with someone who isn't a Conor fan that isn't a a complete moron.

Look at the 2 Nate fights and the Khabib one. Conor isn't that good, he certainly isn't an all time great.
While Cerrone is on the way down he usually puts up a much better fight before losing.

It's not that complicated. For every Aldo/Cerrone expect a Nate and Khabib.

wrong. Standing toe to toe mainly boxing with a Diaz brother isn’t easy. Nates never been dropped by punches like that. If anything it shows Conor can crack and Is extremely dangerous in the beginning .

I think Conor is better than you give him credit, but it's nice to engage with someone who isn't a Conor fan that isn't a a complete moron.
It’s hard to give a fighter credit when the hyperbole around him is as big as it is. Just take away all the popularity and promotion around his name and only concentrate on the fights, and what do you get? You get a fighter whose record is comparable with that of many other fighters on the roster.

One of the best FW’s for sure. A 1-1 record at 155, and 2-1 or 1-2 record at 170 (depending how you scored the second Nate fight) against two journeymen. Overall that’s still very good, but nowhere near as big as the hype around him.

I obviously don't have the same view as you towards Conor the best compliment I can give Conor as a fighter is that he's entertaining I give him full credit for the Aldo fight then take it right back for not giving the legend a rematch and trying to prove he can beat Aldo in a rd to rd fight. The Alvarez fight was entertaining but Alvarez was a sh!t 1st time defending champ that is now getting stomped in ONE.

Elites & Greats establish themselves at a defined weight class before moving on, they don't jump around to avoid, evade, and sidestep potential bad matchups or delay in hopes of a delay for a different outcome. If he's a fan of yours more power to you, for me he needz to do much much more.and prove he's more than some manufactured for the public fighter....

Well said. My thoughts exactly. No rerun for Aldo is the clincher.

Conor was a -335 favourite and Cerrone was a +255 underdog.
That's all you need to know.

Cowboy still looked like total shit though.

I fully thought Conor would win and likely rather easily. However, I expected Cerrone to at least do something and not totally freeze up immediately and get rocked by fucking shoulder strikes. It was an embarrassing performance for Cerrone, he is capable of more than that, even if he’s on the downswing of his career.

I expected Cerrone to last longer, but I expected the same outcome in the end.

Back