What did people expect from Conor vs Cerrone? It's so wrong to talk crap on Cerrone

Nate is a shitty matchup for anyone who isn't a wrestling based fighter.
Not really.

giphy.gif

I expected an actual fight. I didn't expect either person to win specifically, but I expected a good fight.

I expected an actual fight. I didn't expect either person to win specifically, but I expected a good fight.
Why? Conor is very clearly a better striker and Cerrone is at the tail end of his career

Why? Conor is very clearly a better striker and Cerrone is at the tail end of his career
Well, I would say that if I had to expect any outcome it would be either Conor getting a TKO or Cerrone out-veteran-ing him with Conor TKO being more likely. But I didn't expect it to happen in the first 20ish seconds

I expected that fight to be more competitive bit the ending was pretty much written beforehand.

Cerrone knew the outcome Dana wanted.

That whole situation was weird. I’m not saying it was a fixed fight and I’m not saying it wasn’t a fixed fight.

Realistically, we know 2 things:

1) Conor hasn't defended his titles. He's lived questionably outside of the cage. He has lots of haters. But he is an elite and, though he hasn't proved it -- just showed signs of it, is likely an all time great.

giphy.gif
He's an elite but hasn't proved it, you think maybe if he had even tried to defend 1 title of his two would've helped to his unproven elite status. And exactly what signs of eliteness can one gather from a 40 second fight? I learned more about Conor from his two fights with Diaz and his crash & burn with Khabib than his 13 & 40 second fights with Aldo & Cowboy.

It's said one can learn more from losing than winning I've learned a lot about Conor from his losses and learned that Conor is only truly good with quick KO's & endings, put him in a sustained fight with solid fighters he struggles more than your average fighter.

giphy.gif
He's an elite but hasn't proved it, you think maybe if he had even tried to defend 1 title of his two would've helped to his unproven elite status. And exactly what signs of eliteness can one gather from a 40 second fight? I learned more about Conor from his two fights with Diaz and his crash & burn with Khabib than his 13 & 40 second fights with Aldo & Cowboy.

It's said one can learn more from losing than winning I've learned a lot about Conor from his losses and learned that Conor is only truly good with quick KO's & endings, put him in a sustained fight with solid fighters he struggles more than your average fighter.
I think he's in a very uncommon place between all time great and elite. He's clearly better than elite; even elites don't have the crazy wins he has over Aldo and Alvarez. He's also clearly not an all time great; all time greats don't lose in their primes like he did to Nate and Khabib. He's not a Fedor but he's also better than a Liddell. I honestly can't think of anyone else that exactly matches what he is. He occupies some unique real estate.

Will never look at Cerrone the same again after that fight.

Didn't look tons different than his fight with Gaethe to me.

Pre-fight "Hey buddy, buddy! Let's have a good ol' time in here hyuk hyuk!"

*gets smashed*

"oh well! we're still buddies! hyuk!"

Chummy Cerrone is not a top fighter.

You mean like Masvidal? Mas can wrestle but certainly isn't a wrestler...he made Nate his bitch standing up.

Only for the first 3 rounds!

Nate's plan was to make his move in rounds 4 and 5!

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

I think he's in a very uncommon place between all time great and elite. He's clearly better than elite; even elites don't have the crazy wins he has over Aldo and Alvarez. He's also clearly not an all time great; all time greats don't lose in their primes like he did to Nate and Khabib. He's not a Fedor but he's also better than a Liddell. I honestly can't think of anyone else that exactly matches what he is. He occupies some unique real estate.

I obviously don't have the same view as you towards Conor the best compliment I can give Conor as a fighter is that he's entertaining I give him full credit for the Aldo fight then take it right back for not giving the legend a rematch and trying to prove he can beat Aldo in a rd to rd fight. The Alvarez fight was entertaining but Alvarez was a sh!t 1st time defending champ that is now getting stomped in ONE.

Elites & Greats establish themselves at a defined weight class before moving on, they don't jump around to avoid, evade, and sidestep potential bad matchups or delay in hopes of a delay for a different outcome. If he's a fan of yours more power to you, for me he needz to do much much more.and prove he's more than some manufactured for the public fighter....

I expected cowboy to throw a punch. One single punch. I thought the bar was low...

Look at the 2 Nate fights and the Khabib one. Conor isn't that good, he certainly isn't an all time great.
While Cerrone is on the way down he usually puts up a much better fight before losing.
It's not that complicated. For every Aldo/Cerrone expect a Nate and Khabib.
Look at the Aldo fight, the Alvarez fight, the Holloway fight ... Conor is pretty good.
giphy.gif

"All time great"......

No, not really, he has a cult following of weirdos just like political figures. (Mr. burns, the generokee princess or trumpo).

Doesn't reflect personal greatness.
That is reflected in action.
He punched an old guy for not accepting his forced gift of alcohol.
He calls others a rat, but what is the word for him?.....

or naturally 170...
Jorge was a 155er too, he’s naturally smaller than Nate.

Also Rafa... Josh Thompson... Nate has a dozen losses, a lot of them blowouts, a lot of them against jobbers, he’s not nearly as good as the Conor fanboys try to make him out to be.

Back