What did Marilyn Manson mean when he said this?

Yuval Levy

Yuval Levy
@purple
Reaction score
So I just watched Bowling for Columbine, on how the media was blaming manson for the shooting.

One statement that he said was "I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did"

By the kids in Columbine, was it the shooters oor the victims?

So I just watched Bowling for Columbine, on how the media was blaming manson for the shooting.

One statement that he said was "I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did"

the shooters. they were blamin manson for his effect on the kids who shot up the school

He meant that if anyone had listened to or offered support the shooters beforehand they may not have felt like a massacre was the only option available to them. And that's what he would do, try to reach out to them, if things could be done over.

its a metaphor for removing your own ribs so u can suck ur own d and being paul from the wonder years all grown up.

Golden Age of Grotesque was his last good album.

He went to sh1t after that.

I bet plenty of people listened to them, they were just a couple of pieces of crap. And Bowling for Columbine was garbage like all of that fat fuck's so called documentaries

The shooters didn't even like Marilyn Manson, that was the insane thing about the connection to him.
As usual the media and the general public would rather believe killers were told to do it by some film, band or videogame rather than look at the deeper and real reasons.

It was a good documentary, but Michael Moore wishes he had latched onto the West Memphis Three, because the documentaries on them were so much better.

JosephDredd summed it up. It's not complicated

Anyways, I'll never be able to adequately describle how intelligent of an answer it was. It was beautiful, not even exaggerating. It was the perfect mic drop moment for a guy that caught so much misguided hate

I bet plenty of people listened to them, they were just a couple of pieces of crap. And Bowling for Columbine was garbage like all of that fat fuck's so called documentaries

You sound like a positive, rational human being.

As for Manson, he's talking about the shooters. Being bullied with no adult guidance/communication essentially forces a teenager to make a decision on how to stop their torment themselves. This usually ends in suicide or some other form of violence. Not to mention, the two kids probably had some SSRI's in their system like Zoloft. Shit fucks with your head.

The shooters didn't even like Marilyn Manson, that was the insane thing about the connection to him.
As usual the media and the general public would rather believe killers were told to do it by some film, band or videogame rather than look at the deeper and real reasons.

Like their own shit parenting and reliance on brain-altering medication to solve all their problems

Like their own shit parenting and reliance on brain-altering medication to solve all their problems

That probably has much more to do with it than Manson, who had absolutely nothing to do with it!

It's more comfortable for our society to stick the blame directly on one thing. Most people just want to bury their heads in the sand and don't want to look any deeper.
And that's the reason these things keep happening, because nobody seems to want to address the root cause of it.

That probably has much more to do with it than Manson, who had absolutely nothing to do with it!

It's more comfortable for our society to stick the blame directly on one thing. Most people just want to bury their heads in the sand and don't want to look any deeper.
And that's the reason these things keep happening, because nobody seems to want to address the root cause of it.

I think thats because no one knows the root cause of it. So the best thing to do is pick the most rational scapegoat there is, rather than investigating. I don't know why Americans go on shooting sprees and kill masses of people more than any other country. Sure sounds plausible to blame pop culture and it's "lack of morality" so why not do that?

I think thats because no one knows the root cause of it. So the best thing to do is pick the most rational scapegoat there is, rather than investigating. I don't know why Americans go on shooting sprees and kill masses of people more than any other country. Sure sounds plausible to blame pop culture and it's "lack of morality" so why not do that?

But that's not the right thing to do is it.
The only way to get anywhere near finding out why these things happen is to arrest the people involved and try to get as much information out of them as possible.
More often than not there will have been some trigger somewhere in their past. If not they may have been born with a certain mindset.
I think we know so little about the human brain and psychology at the moment.

[YT]eOXLfj67vMY[/YT]

I know he's joking but I think at least half of fucked up people would still be fucked in the head regardless of how they were raised. There's probably animals like that to we just can't tell the difference

But that's not the right thing to do is it.
The only way to get anywhere near finding out why these things happen is to arrest the people involved and try to get as much information out of them as possible.
More often than not there will have been some trigger somewhere in their past. If not they may have been born with a certain mindset.
I think we know so little about the human brain and psychology at the moment.

Part of me wonders if we're even meant to know. Maybe these kinds of things are supposed to happen in some fucked up way. Nature is unforgiving and 100% void of compassion. Limping gazelles get eaten by wolves. Always been that way and always will. Maybe nature creates these mental deviations under certain circumstances. I have no idea. You're right. We really don't know much.

I know he's joking but I think at least half of fucked up people would still be fucked in the head regardless of how they were raised. There's probably animals like that to we just can't tell the difference

Has there ever been a case of that? Where evil beings and sick individuals come from loving, nurturing homes that provide guidance?

Its a myth that they were bullied outsiders. They were popular kids with a wide variety of friends. Turns out the entire media narrative of them was wrong.

School shooters tend to act impulsively and attack the targets of their rage: students and faculty. But Harris and Klebold planned for a year and dreamed much bigger. The school served as means to a grander end, to terrorize the entire nation by attacking a symbol of American life. Their slaughter was aimed at students and teachers, but it was not motivated by resentment of them in particular. Students and teachers were just convenient quarry, what Timothy McVeigh described as "collateral damage."

The killers, in fact, laughed at petty school shooters. They bragged about dwarfing the carnage of the Oklahoma City bombing and originally scheduled their bloody performance for its anniversary. Klebold boasted on video about inflicting "the most deaths in U.S. history." Columbine was intended not primarily as a shooting at all, but as a bombing on a massive scale. If they hadn't been so bad at wiring the timers, the propane bombs they set in the cafeteria would have wiped out 600 people. After those bombs went off, they planned to gun down fleeing survivors. An explosive third act would follow, when their cars, packed with still more bombs, would rip through still more crowds, presumably of survivors, rescue workers, and reporters. The climax would be captured on live television. It wasn't just "fame" they were after

I dunno, man. Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan. Fuckin Tamil Tigers in India/Pakistan pioneered suicide bombing in the 80s. Ulster's had a little bit of violence over the years. Rwanda, no guns but personally I'd consider it a little worse than Columbine was. Man is what man does. What man does makes man animal.

Back