What did Jones do in round 4 and 5?

You need an aspirin or something fella? What would you like me to say exactly? People are really that upset Jones won to the point we are nitpicking over buzz words like "Winning the War" You want to go on shit shows like First Take, and argue to the point of a headache over these buzz words? This is not a complex manner. Jones won a close fight. That is all. If Reyes expected to win he needed to bring it home. He did not. Jones did what he does in close fights. He wins the last 2 rounds. Gus had him in more trouble than Reyes. Jones was bleeding bad from his eye, and had been tagged up by Gus's boxing for 3 rounds. But Jones dug deep and won rounds 4 and 5.. So Reyes should not have been shocked the cards went against him. He lost the last 2 rounds. It is a points system and the result is neither controversial nor shocking. And no, it is not war.. Again buzz word and stupid talking point..
Your post was the closest one so I took it to prove a point. It's not like I have a problem with you or anything, don't take it personally.

You are wrong though. Doesn't mean I hate you. You're just wrong, not the first one and certainly not the last one.

I thought Reyes won 1-3. Reyes looked gasses in the last two, Jones didn't do much but did enough to win the two rounds. I though Reyes won but it was close enough where I'm fine with Jon winning.

No I have no problem with people believing Jones won the championship rounds. There is a narrative that Jones won the war. Well what did he exactly do? He did better in the last two rounds and Reyes was tired, but Reyes was never in danger. Some people will flat out tell you that Reyes winning the first 3 rounds doesn’t matter because Jon had more energy in the last 2 rounds and walked forward more.

Thats pretty much all.Jones did to win those rounds ... more out put but landed nothing significant and got caught a few times.

Last edited:
I thought Reyes won 1-3. Reyes looked gasses in the last two, Jones didn't do much but did enough to win the two rounds. I though Reyes won but it was close enough where I'm fine with Jon winning.

I think Jones himself was gassed but not as much.

Jones did some super slow spinning kicks. You can tell he isnt what he use to be.

Chased Reyes around and had the time not ran out he wouldve made him beg for mercy. Them athletes are so good at running but Jones is a Lion there is no escaping him without time limits

lmao

Yeah, that's what happens in every Jones fight, right?

Jones WOULD have finished his opponent... he just ran out of time.

So there's the real reason why he's gone to a decision in almost every fight in the last 7 years. Good to know.

Not really. He was never hurt. Jones is at home under fire. Large sequences of the fight Reyes is loading up and landing on arms with Jones slipping punches..

... which is better than the large sequences of the fight where Jones did absolutely nothing whatsoever.

No I have no problem with people believing Jones won the championship rounds. There is a narrative that Jones won the war. Well what did he exactly do? He did better in the last two rounds and Reyes was tired, but Reyes was never in danger. Some people will flat out tell you that Reyes winning the first 3 rounds doesn’t matter because Jon had more energy in the last 2 rounds and walked forward more.

The answer is nothing.

There was no war.

It was a clear 3 rounds to 2 fight that any imbecile with a brain should have gotten correct.

That's why people are making up things to validate Jones winning.

"Octagon control" "Pressure" "You have to beat the champ" "Jones won the war."

All idiot terms being thrown out by people who don't know how to score a fight properly. The only one thats actually a scoring criteria is octagon control, and its the last factor to be used in judging and only when all other factors are equal. Which they weren't.

I can’t explain it any better

poster A is mad because he thinks Reyes won the fight on points

poster B says that Jones won the war and deserved to retain his belt because of that, despite the fact that Reyes may have won more rounds and accumulated more points

How does poster B come to that conclusion? What did Jones do to win the war?

IMO he fought the smarter fight

Anything Jones did to win two rounds he didn't do to win the other three. This really is a messed up situation. Jones won the war because he outstruck Reyes for two rounds. Reyes lost the whole fight because he outstruck Jones for three?

However you interpret "winning the war" i guess, but Jones seemed to have more in the tank and finished off the best, maybe that's winning the war? And the battle was on the scorecards i guess. (FWIW I had Jones winning 48-47, wouldn't have argued with Reyes winning 48-47 though, round 3 was close as hell for mine).

What's funny is he actually lost round 4 and the sheep are gobbling down the narrative that he won round 4 easily. Jones got rocked and scared and started jock sniffing.

But to answer your question...

Jones did absolutely nothing memorable in 4 or 5.

Nothing.

Back