What did Helio do exactly?

Actually, George had a falling out with Carlos. And both would communicate through Helio at one point to see how the other man was doing.

carlos: helio, can you tell george to pass the salt?
george: helio, can you tell carlos I will pass the salt as soon as I am done with my acai berry yogurt

Its very ironic that your an Asian guy with a "race" chip on his shoulder the size of a fucking elephant....

It's not ironic, because i am asian, lived in asia, and trained with asians (koreans, japanese, including judokas). I know how asians see people like Helio gracies and his famly, martial artists that actually put themselves on the line.

You bring this up like in almost every thread having to do with Kano or Helio, its hilarious.

Because quite frankly it seems to be the truth. The hate for helio and over stuff he never said is amazing. So put your cheap sake down, take off your kimono, stop that hentai and think like a normal person instead of a wannabe japanophile.

Funny the same people here who bitch about my statement have no qualms about the same fucken thread popping up all the time. Or maybe they are just trolling themselves?

Yes because the creators of judo were such huge men:rolleyes:

that sounds more like it, judo was more created to be a sport in itself, BJJ had more to do with valetudo and self defense so it makes sense

that wiki article claiming that Helio "invented" leverage is total bullshit. an armbar (or the other countless subs that are in judo (and old JJ) does not work without leverage

and that judo is more about brute force is stupid, you could perhaps say that because Helio's brothers only did judo for a couple of years that they were n00bs at it and n00bs use strenght as we all know (and still do I guess:redface:) had he been exposed to, heck I would say that strength gets you further in BJJ then in judo

judo is just as theoretical and philosophical as BJJ, if not more, there are alotta judo guys around that go to far with that sort of mentalitty, bjj is still too young to have many such dudes

Umm.... Wikipedia is probably the least credible place in the world. I don't think you have to refute anything.

Thats funny because alot of the great BJJ champions like Royler and Renzo for example disagree with you.

That doesn't show anything other then the fact that its possible to be a Judo BB and still suck on the ground. Which everybody knows anyway. Modern rules for you.

So what are you suggesting? That BJJ and Judo are the same? You would be wrong. There's obviously vast philosophical differences between the two.

these are the same people who claim that randori did not exist before kano, as if people trained with fully sharpen swords during the samurai period. They just like to tear bjj down when kano did the same thing that the gracies did. Had an idea and ran with it then devloped his style. The only real difference between the gracies and kano was that the gracies had true samurai sprit and fought.

What did he modified on the art that Maeda teached Carlos? All I can see is that he probably decided to focus on the ground work because he was frail, and maybe he tried to make judo more effective for NHB.

But what about the actual techniques? Did he improved any of them? Do you have any examples?

He *significantly* improved judo's greatest weakness: Its marketing techniques.

Back