What dd Burkman do?

They needed that they think will be an easy win for Lombard, so he's their guy.

Would be awesome if Burkman takes him out.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same.

If he can stay away from power punches and takedowns for a round or two and score leg kicks and jabs or something, he has a chance to take this fight once Lombard gasses.

I think that guy made a prop bet.

He was the only person at WW willing to fight Lombard (until this fight was signed, then suddenly a bunch of guys realized they'd be willing. Lol).

I've noticed since Tito left, a lot of fighters are less willing to call out available fighters who aren't already signed up to fight. I remember when he was in the UFC he was always getting called out. Michael Bisping is another guy who used to get called out all the time, but that trend seems to have stopped.

The best call out ever was when Jacob Volkmann called out Obama.

Agreed that he is a solid fighter but there is no way he can hang with "anyone". Guy has been losing in the minors...he is going to get crucified when matched against the UFC elite.

He handed Fitch his ass when that was still a big deal.

Burkman used to teach classes at my gym in utah. For that reason, I'm really hoping to see him pull off a huge upset.

8_Josh_Burkman_vs._Jon_Fitch_medium.gif

Maybe Berkman can run around for a bit until Lombard fades. Otherwise, he's gunna take a beating that I'm almost ashamed to watch.

Is the only guy who wants to fight Lombard. If you're ranked higher than Hector, is a high risk,low reward fight for you. Burkman on the other hand, has nothing to lose and everything to win

Bet you said the same thing about Boetsch. You can argue the decision, but people weren't predicting "Lombard by 29-28 Decision" they were predicting Boetsch getting steamrolled in the first minute.

Lombard is a front runner, even if he beats Burkman easily, I think he gets worked by Rory, Hendricks, Lawler and even Brown.

I think Brown gets Judo tossed from that clinch he loves. But I would enjoy being wrong.

Bet you said the same thing about Boetsch. You can argue the decision, but people weren't predicting "Lombard by 29-28 Decision" they were predicting Boetsch getting steamrolled in the first minute.

Lombard is a front runner, even if he beats Burkman easily, I think he gets worked by Rory, Hendricks, Lawler and even Brown.

You must be outcha damn mind..... I can imagine Rory getting by with his jab and long range striking but Hendricks and Lawler will struggle mightily with him. Brown would get murdered

He says it was a calculated choice on his part. If he wins this fight, perception of him will change overnight.

I've noticed since Tito left, a lot of fighters are less willing to call out available fighters who aren't already signed up to fight. I remember when he was in the UFC he was always getting called out. Michael Bisping is another guy who used to get called out all the time, but that trend seems to have stopped.

Jacob "Christmas" Volkmann

volk4pr8.gif

He is going to be beaten severely. i haven't seen this much of a mismatch since Yoshida vs Rumble. Burkman is fucked. For real.

Unless there is something significant that I'm not aware of.

What happened was that both Woodley and Matt Brown declined to face Lombard. Every other top ten WW was either booked or injured. That is why the UFC had to go outside the organization to sign Burkman.

Man, I would like for Burkman to win! He has the ability, just kind of depends which Burkman shows up. He's like Drew Fickett before he became irrelevant; world beater some nights, gets tooled the next fight. I like Burkman and hope he pulls it off, just because of Lombard's stupid nickname.

this is one of the safest bets on a UFC card in a while.

Lombard all day.

Back