What dd Burkman do?

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He is going to be beaten severely. i haven't seen this much of a mismatch since Yoshida vs Rumble. Burkman is fucked. For real.

Unless there is something significant that I'm not aware of.

He was the only person at WW willing to fight Lombard (until this fight was signed, then suddenly a bunch of guys realized they'd be willing. Lol).

He's a solid fighter who can hang with anyone. I think it will be a good fight.

He was the only person at WW willing to fight Lombard (until this fight was signed, then suddenly a bunch of guys realized they'd be willing. Lol).

Lol, right? I actually hope Burkman wins though.

Burkman got a tramp stamp tattoo. He was also ranked #10 for like a week a few years ago too!

Agreed that he is a solid fighter but there is no way he can hang with "anyone". Guy has been losing in the minors...he is going to get crucified when matched against the UFC elite.

More than that, he's a solid fighter who has to last seven minutes. After that, all bets are off.

I hope he puts on a show with lombo, but youre right he getting decapitated tomorrrow night. hector looked ready at the weigh ins, he dont play not even in training.

Agreed that he is a solid fighter but there is no way he can hang with "anyone". Guy has been losing in the minors...he is going to get crucified when matched against the UFC elite.

The guy's not ready for a top 5 fight but he's got enough talent and experience to be competitive in a fight. I just liked that he put Fitch out.

I like how Burkman chose to fight Lombard. Apparently, according to Josh, there were other fights offered.

He can win, no doubt. Lombard is scary for the first round, after that I can see Burkman standing with him. The problem Shields had is he has the worst stand-up imaginable, so after Lombard gassed, he still went for TD's, which is nearly impossible against Hector. That's why he was rag dolled.

To beat Lombard you have to put on a jabfest. Another way, if you can avoid the Judo trips, is wall n' stall/close dirty boxing. I can see someone with good TD defense tiring out Hector this way.

He was making fun of Lombard for being so rugged up because of the cold weather

Burkman gives zero fucks and is game. Love it.

Will be rooting for him hard tomorrow.

i haven't seen this much of a mismatch since Yoshida vs Rumble.

bloodsport-ok-usa-o.gif

Bet you said the same thing about Boetsch. You can argue the decision, but people weren't predicting "Lombard by 29-28 Decision" they were predicting Boetsch getting steamrolled in the first minute.

Lombard is a front runner, even if he beats Burkman easily, I think he gets worked by Rory, Hendricks, Lawler and even Brown.

More than that, he's a solid fighter who has to last seven minutes. After that, all bets are off.

I was thinking the same.

If he can stay away from power punches and takedowns for a round or two and score leg kicks and jabs or something, he has a chance to take this fight once Lombard gasses.

Back