What Dana meant claiming McGregor v.s Poirier “is done and signed”

Love Dustin, but if you sign a multi-fight contract for a certain amount of pay as Dustin did, you really don't have much leverage when it comes to negotiating for more. Especially when Conor is the draw here- Conor vs Gaethje/Tony is gonna do exactly as many PPV buys (or more) than Conor vs Dustin. Dustin has zero negotiating power here unfortunately.
McGregor might see Dustin as the easiest fight of the 3 and want to fight him. That would give Fustin all the leverage needed.

Conor Has options so you better sign the fucking contract Dustin. You will lose it very soon. Tony will take the fight in a heartbeat.

They need to put a Conor clause in these contracts lol. You’d be a fool to accept the 500,000 you’d usually get while your opponent is making 10 million plus. Like other posters have said though, Dustin really doesn’t have much pull here, Tony vs Conor probably sells better.

They need to put a Conor clause in these contracts lol. You’d be a fool to accept the 500,000 you’d usually get while your opponent is making 10 million plus. Like other posters have said though, Dustin really doesn’t have much pull here, Tony vs Conor probably sells better.
Conor McGregor is going to sell big numbers against basically anybody. So his opponents don’t really have any leverage in the situation. At all. Dustin Knows this fight will be incredibly difficult for him to win. So he wants to get paid. I get it. But they are not going to offer him a huge uptick in the contract. Not happening.

Dana White is greedy.

Just give Dustin a one-time raise of a few hundred thousand dollars to make him happy. It's not hard to throw a steak to the dog once in a while.

These fighters train, do media interviews, do marketing, and they sweat and bleed for years for the UFC fans.

Dana White and the other owners are greedy.

Love Dustin, but if you sign a multi-fight contract for a certain amount of pay as Dustin did, you really don't have much leverage when it comes to negotiating for more. Especially when Conor is the draw here- Conor vs Gaethje/Tony is gonna do exactly as many PPV buys (or more) than Conor vs Dustin. Dustin has zero negotiating power here unfortunately.
right---literally any other fight would sell as well ie connor/nate 3, connor mas, connor tony...Poirier might be the least interesting for the casuals sadly..

"Khabib is now the P4P GOAT"

-Also Dana White

He meant the UFC’s part of the fake contract that they sent to Dustin.

They really out here doing that fake contract shit again like they did to Khabib a couple years ago.

Dana pulled this trick off very well when he was asked about the fight at the press conference. He technically didn’t even have to lie for it.

<TheDonald>

what fake about the ufc reading dustin current contract seeing what it says and that the money dustin makes for his next fight.

Ufc are pathetic lowballing fighters to save a few hundred K while pawning to Mcgregor

While, in general, I agree with the concept of you get your worth. If you feature in a fight of that stature you need reimbursed. You would get properly paid in literally any other sport, but ufc really go small time here.

Imagine the mandatory boxing challengers getting paid filth money. Its ludicrous.

Cowboy already got the same cuck

maybe fighters need to hire better managers when they sign there fight contracts

That is how cheap the UFC is. This is cheapness to the highest degree. They dread the term “Spend money to make money.” UFC wants it to be just “make money”

funny how dustin wasnt crying about money when fighting hooker. only when he might fight tony.

He meant the UFC’s part of the fake contract that they sent to Dustin.

They really out here doing that fake contract shit again like they did to Khabib a couple years ago.

Dana pulled this trick off very well when he was asked about the fight at the press conference. He technically didn’t even have to lie for it.

<TheDonald>

Nah most likely what happened is Dustin got offered the fight, as did Mcgregor. Then last minute like he likes to do alot Conor changed his mind and wants someone else(easier fight) now that the belt is up for grabs

Fake contract? More likely it's a real contract with a low-ball offer knowing Conor's got legitimate other options in Tony, Gaethje and now Chandler. Person who gets the McGregor fight will be the one who accepts the lowest offer. Make McGregor versus whoever an interim title fight and should McGregor win roll out a truck load of cash to Khabib to see if he's serious about retirement would be the UFC's plan imo.
This is spot on from what I can tell. And it's a shame because Dustin deserves better, and the Conor/Dustin rematch is a great fight.

I would like your post if @Jackonfire hadn't had a hissy fit.

same thing he meant when he said...
Whittaker does't want to fight izzy. - @ to 3m:33s

Last edited:
I think they do this to see how much buzz is generated in media, social media, fan buzz etc.

From there they have a good feel for how anticipated the matchup would be, and can feel comfortable low-balling if they don’t hit certain metrics. When the fight doesn’t come together they can just put all blame on the fighter for not accepting the offer.

This is spot on from what I can tell. And it's a shame because Dustin deserves better, and the Conor/Dustin rematch is a great fight.

I would like your post if @Jackonfire hadn't had a hissy fit.
Been there mate. I'm still pissed off about the cap on the number of likes per day.

Back