What country are you in, how do people feel about Syrian refugees and where are things going?

It's a complete non-issue where I live (America). I think people who listen to talk radio get worked up about it, but it has no impact on anything, and real people never talk about it.
This times a thousand

I don't like the majority of them. Far too many of them are Sunni FSA supporters.

I don't go around speaking with people about this topic openly, it's mostly a behind closed doors type subject. From those I have spoken with, they either don't follow politics and have very little knowledge about refugee issues since we don't see it first hand, or they are against it, or they are themselves minorities (Mexican/black) and hate everything trump and get defensive over the slightest talk of not allowing in immigrants that they defend bringing in refugees.

Me personally, I say fuck them. They don't share my beliefs and there is no such thing as taking care of the worlds poor and less fortunate, especially since the poor breed faster then the well off, so why should we sacrifice our resources when we have our own struggling citizens? Plus I have personally met Foreigners from India, Ethiopia and Somalia that actually say negative shit about the USA like we deserved 9/11 and they hang the American flag upside down and they refuse to learn English and just bash America to shit while they enjoy the privileges living here provides them.

No Sudanese (black Sudanese) are not Muslims, but you can thank the Muslims that they're here being a burden, since the Arab Islamic government decided to slaughter them and steal their land.
I didn't think they were muslims, as we only have one Mosque in Newcastle and from what I've seen they don't go to that mosque. As many criticisms I have of religion and Christianity in general, I think introducing these new Sudanese refugees to Christian churches will do a lot of good. Generally, Christian churches these days will be accommodating towards blacks/refugees and they do help build community ties for the refugees.

I didn't think they were muslims, as we only have one Mosque in Newcastle and from what I've seen they don't go to that mosque. As many criticisms I have of religion and Christianity in general, I think introducing these new Sudanese refugees to Christian churches will do a lot of good. Generally, Christian churches these days will be accommodating towards blacks/refugees and they do help build community ties for the refugees.
100% agreed on that.

Might help them network a bit and find employment.

The States.

I wouldn't mind letting in some women and children, but NO single males, especially fighting age. In an ideal world, I would take in none of them.

And lol at nobody taking about it. Maybe the people around you just don't care or are scared to, but where I live, everyone has an opinion on it, and certainly talk about it. The Indians I work with in particular, hate the thought of them coming here. They left that craziness behind them, but it's following them here too.

Thankfully I live in a country where the current government was elected on a platform of controlling our boarders and stopping illegal Immigrants (being an Island also helps).

Also most of the Immigration detention centres where i live have been closed as we sent them to Nauru Good times. But we have to remain vigilant and not let Labour or the Greens in power otherwise it will be opening the flood gates again.

I don't think people have a problem with Syrian refugees. The people have a problem that only a tiny percentage of the refugees are actually from Syria.

So far, nothing major has happened here with the immigrant population aside from the usual rape-y stuff, which is to be expected (as the women are quite lewd and those men are really, really repressed).

They're not repressed. Muslim men can marry early and have a lot more sex than your average western nerd, albeit only with his wife. They can marry 4 women ffs while married western men are left with one.

They do these rapes because Islam teaches women should be covered or it's acceptable for men to attack them if they're not. Raping a covered muslim women means the death penalty, but an infidel in a mini skirt you're teaching her a lesson.

About the topic, I've only lived in Brazil and Portugal, both countries don't have much in the way of refugees. But I'm against that kind of refugee anyway, refugees should be sent to refugee camps and resettled in their home countries after the war is over, not given nationality in a country they do not belong to. I'm not against immigrants on a case by case basis like highly skilled labor or people with a common heritage(japanese-brazilians that emigrate to Japan, or english-americans moving to england) but it makes no damn sense to move 1 million sunni arabs that believe sharia should be the law of the land to let's say Germany.

From the UK and the majority of people don't want these "refugees" here and would quite happily see most of the ones already here rounded up and deported. People are also sick and tired of Islam and Muslims in genral and anger and tension is rising. There is also a lot of resentment towards to politcal class and media who push the pro-Islam, pro-refugee agenda. This seems to be the same across most of Europe now.

Canada.
Trudeau is subverted and in bed with the likes of Obama.
Repealed prudent laws that allow us to strip citizenship known terrorists.
Is allowing citizenship ceremonies to be done in full facial coverings.
De-prioritized helping persecuted christian and yazidis.
Is bringing in tens of thousands of unvetted Syrian "refuges", which the government recently confirmed aren't refugees. They were former refugees who were already resettled. So all the security risk, financial burden and cultural conflict, without actually helping anyone.

Don't be fooled into thinking there are any altruistic behind all of this. Trudeau, like Merkel, knows exactly what he is doing and is using Islam as weapon against his own people to keep them in their place.

this is also my experience. much of the muslim enclaves like dearborn and other places are chill....you never hear them doing that euro horror shit in america.

just because something happens allot in france or germany doesnt mean its gonna happen everywhere.

allot of this has to do with the combination of conditions that would favor certain events.

also...I said it before and I will say it again...

americans are a totaly different crowd than europeans are.....I just cant see american citizens tolerating no go zones and other nonsense...

im not saying we are the toughest people in the world but we dont put up with that shit and allot of americans are armed...

They're not the same people. Dearborn you mentioned is filled with Arabs, yes, but a lot of these/the majority are Christian arabs, especially Chaldean because after Bush wars of freedoms the Christians were run out of Iraq by their muslim counterparts, or upper class iraqis that fled the war.

See how it would work out with Somalis, Pakistanis(the so called asians in the UK) or Syrian Sunni Arabs.

The USA in general receives the most educated people from around the world except from places that border it(latin america), so you receive the brightest Indians, Pakistanis, Filipinos, Vietnamese and so on.

Norway

I think this country handled the crises relatively well, so its not an issue here. We had some "refugees" coming from Russia in the North that were not Syrians, but from Central Asia or something, they got send back.

Now i dont know what people in general think, but i as a Norwegian citizen (although i am not ethnic Norwegian) i think that safety and well being of Norwegians should be prioritized by the state above all else, and if one must shoot young male "refugees" in their kneecaps, so be it.

But i got nothing against muslims or refugees in general, i just think most countries doing it wrong when it comes to integration/assimilation and who they are taking in.

The ones who make it to Scandinavia are usually the most ressourceful of the refugees.
If you limit the refugee discussion exclusively to the Syrians, then things are going quite well. They have made their way to the job market suprisingly fast, and seems to assimilate very well. Saw an interview with a doctor yesterday who came here as a syrian refugee, only been here for 1 and a half years, and already spoke fluent danish.

Should also keep in mind that Syria was relatively developed country before the Assad regime went on a murderous rampage, and ISIS gained foothold there.

???? Wtf ? Would u prefer they backed a radical syrian rebel force instead ?
I was attempting satire. It was suppose to be a reference to perceived pro government attitudes to refugees but I guess I played it to straight and made too obscure of a reference.

What are the policies you would like to see to help the citizens of your own nation?
I've posted it before in other refugee threads, but I would rather see the same help being provided to refugees be provided to people in Canada.

The refugees get priority housing and healthcare. How about priority housing for homeless Canadians?
How about programs to voluntarily relocate directionless suicidal aboriginal teenagers?
Or building infrastructure to and in their reserves so there is more opportunity than to huff gasoline.
Keep open veterans affairs offices. The closure of them is imo an embarrassment.
Addictions treatment gets very little funding, and goes hand in hand with homelessness.
Hell, I'd even support a national drug insurance for everyday citizens before supporting more refugees.
There's plenty of shit we should be resolving at home before getting in on resolving the rest of the world's shit.

And like others have mentioned, refugees should want to get to go home once it's safe. If they are wanting citizenship they are immigrants and should imo be subject to the same competitive process as any other foreign national.
I've gone to school with two very good people, a Mexican and a Venezuelan. They both wanted to make new lives here but could only obtain student visas. They have both since been returned to their home countries. I'd rather see them get their citizenship first.

I don't think people have a problem with Syrian refugees. The people have a problem that only a tiny percentage of the refugees are actually from Syria.

So far, nothing major has happened here with the immigrant population aside from the usual rape-y stuff, which is to be expected (as the women are quite lewd and those men are really, really repressed).

When Merkel opened the borders , the entire middle east took it as an opportunity . Most of them were young men and not legit refugee's..
The real people at risk in Syria are group like the Yezidi . The mob that poured in is just some big group of sunni muslims who dont have anything to fear from ISIS..
the whole media angle was that the "refugees" were escaping ISIS.... which is a load of fiction .

Now all the people in Germany are paying are massive price... as Merkel collects all her accolades for opening the borders from media outlets..

They're not repressed. Muslim men can marry early and have a lot more sex than your average western nerd, albeit only with his wife. They can marry 4 women ffs while married western men are left with one.

They do these rapes because Islam teaches women should be covered or it's acceptable for men to attack them if they're not. Raping a covered muslim women means the death penalty, but an infidel in a mini skirt you're teaching her a lesson.

About the topic, I've only lived in Brazil and Portugal, both countries don't have much in the way of refugees. But I'm against that kind of refugee anyway, refugees should be sent to refugee camps and resettled in their home countries after the war is over, not given nationality in a country they do not belong to. I'm not against immigrants on a case by case basis like highly skilled labor or people with a common heritage(japanese-brazilians that emigrate to Japan, or english-americans moving to england) but it makes no damn sense to move 1 million sunni arabs that believe sharia should be the law of the land to let's say Germany.

Most of those guys aren't married though. From what I know, it is the women who marry early, not necessarily the men. Part of the Islamic system is to repress the man sexually, so that he will direct all of his "energies" towards creating a trade for himself, and can eventually be rewarded with a wife.

It's not only that they aren't having sex, but they don't really get to "compensate" in other ways as Western nerds do either, due to their religious beliefs. It's no different from the issues that Catholic priests have had due to their celibacy and expected "virtuousness".

Islam itself doesn't necessarily tell the men to cover up women, but these traditions have existed in Arab countries before Islam even existed.

Back