What countries are best to go Solo travelling?

Fortniter33

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mid 20s single guy and I’m planning on travelling next year. I’d like to see cool stuff, party a bit, and meet some chicks as well.

Any of you guys a fan of solo travel? Any recommendations?

Cheers

Croatia, Greece, Ibiza

One more vote for Croatia, Montenegro. (they are next to each other)
I wish there was better transport to Montenegro though. It's very isolated.

I've done most of my traveling solo. It really depends on what kind of person you are. It's not hard to make friends on the road if you're open to it, and not a weirdo
Thailand would probably be one of the easiest places though.

Single guy in the 20s meaning you want sex tourism? Maybe if you disclose some of your interests and hobbies, where you've already been and which places were your favourite can help other posters to give you decent recommendations.

I've traveled through a lot of Central and South America alone. I'd definitely recommend.

I don't know what it is, but I have met a lot of solo travelers out here, men and women. It suprises me the most when I go to sketchier type places and will meet cute chics traveling alone. It's also interesting that 90% of the solo travelers I meet don't even speak Spanish.

Canto Bight and the planet Zeist.

What languages do you speak?
Traveling solo is ok in main cities in most countries if you don’t speak the native language, but can get harder the further into them you get where zero English is spoken.

I travel for work a lot, and have been to every major region of the world and spent a lot of time exploring solo.

Don’t get hammered in unfamiliar places, pace the drinking and keep your wits about you. (It sucks being lost hammered and can’t find your way back to hotel or explain where you need to go to taxi etc, if there even are taxi where you are!!)

You meet a lot of cool interesting people when solo, as your attention isn’t on your core group you are with.

The Baltic’s and south east Asia.

I’ve lived in Egypt, Italy and went to school in England for a bit.

People in Italy generally only speak Italian if you are traveling by yourself you run the risk of standing out and people will take advantage of you. I’d say Greece is very similar while most people are friendly there is a large minority that will try and take advantage of you.

Great Britain is great for solo travel but i would recommend not staying in the larger cities.

I’d also recommend South Korea. Fun people safe and lots to see.

But the Baltic’s are awesome people are super friendly besides Latvia I found the majority of people I encountered and where friendly. Seriously one of the spots where people where inviting and willing to have a good time with a total stranger and be sincere about it. It’s also cheaper compared to Western Europe. Only times I felt unsafe is when their where drunk Russians starting shit or gypsies but they are easy to spot.

Edit: I solo traveled to guadalarja Mexico years ago did so much shit I am surprised I wasn’t kidnapped. I don’t know if I would recommend it these days though

Last edited:
Back